WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

SOAD - Hypnotize

As all the other SOAD fans know (System of a down) their new CD came out the same day as the xbox 360. With every intent to go out and get the 360 upon its official release date (hey I got the money to waste) I'd came upon the daunting fact I'd forgotten to reserve a copy for my self. Boo hoo, I read that they are overheating any ways. :mfinger:

So knowing that SOAD came out the same day as well, damnit I was gonna go get something brand new.

I listened to the whole CD now and I have to say, it kicks ass, if your a fan and haven't got it yet, do it. It's worth it, even though you can go about other means to obtain the songs, pay for them. :thumbsup:

just dled it... its pretty good... alot better than the last one for sure.

MetalHead

Clitpickle
I got it yesterday. (WOOTNESS) and I must say that I don't think that it is better or worse than Mezmerize. It is just different. Hypnotize is more political and is not as loud and in your face, as the name would suggest. But both albums have there time and place. I would say that Hypnotize was easier to take seriously and better packaged the bands views (for this reason I believe that B.Y.O.B. would fit in better on Hypnotize) but again both albums were awesome and well worth the money.

I got it yesterday, and I haven't stopped listeningto it. It's one of there best so far. If you don't have it yet you sholud go out and buy it.

zoloftcasserole said:
Worse than Fall Out Fag?
The two are uncomparable. While Fall Out Boy is generally offensive to the ears and makes me want to drop a boulder on the stereo every time I hear it, System of a Down is offensive on a whole new level where people think this is true metal and that this is the craziest, most insane thing out there when there are bands far more insane and far less annoying.

wilko125

Rep My Post
TheLampIncident said:
The two are uncomparable. While Fall Out Boy is generally offensive to the ears and makes me want to drop a boulder on the stereo every time I hear it, System of a Down is offensive on a whole new level where people think this is true metal and that this is the craziest, most insane thing out there when there are bands far more insane and far less annoying.
Fall Out Boy are one of my favorite bands! And soad are good, you just have to be in the mood for it... and the lyrics take some interpretation

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
SOAD is okay on its own level as is Fall Out Boy. They are an acquired taste that not even I have fully gathered yet. The only bad thing in my opinion about SOAD is the guitarist thinks he can sing. In my OPINION (had to stress opinion because someone is bound to be offended) SOAD would be better to listen to if Serj was the only Vocalist.

Let the insults fly...

Easty

Click click boom
Yay. Another CD for me to burn. w00t!!!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
wilko125 said:
soad are good, you just have to be in the mood for it... and the lyrics take some interpretation
Interpret all you want, SOAD still sucks ass.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
WORST ALBUM EVER!!

Now, if you can pretend it's not SOAD,then it's actaully descent. If you like this kind of horseshit.

I've heard a couple people say this band would be better if Serj was the only vocalist, and if you ask me they're both fucking annoying.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Something odd I noticed tonight. When you play Mesmerize and then Hypnotize it kind of reminds me of a musical. Anyone else notice that or am I alone in this thought?

Looking at the two cds as a musical makes them alot more enjoyable for me in a way. I'm not as critical of those two cds then.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Wow. Rip everyone a new asshole, why dont you?

Personally, I never liked SOAD, but if other people like them then I wont say, "SYSTEM OF A DOWN SUCKS MONKEYSHIT. WHY DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO CRAP BANDS LIKE THAT? ARE YOU STOOPID?"

take it easy guys. musical taste is all about opinion, and if whoever started this thread has the opinion that SOAD is good, then let him have it. You don't have to agree, but you don't have to abuse it either. You just sound like whiney prep school boys who are jealous of the success.

Swid

Mentally Incarcerated
I've liked one song by them, which is Chop Suey. I don't like bands like System of a Down, and Green Day, that critize the American government, yet if it wasn't for Americans, buying their CD's and plastering them on MTV, they'd be poor as dirt.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
my cousin is a massive SOAD fan and he had bought the album recently i cant say it was great but i liked a few of the riffs.Im not a big SOAD fan myself.