WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

SOAD - Mesmerize

HatedOne216

Tears of Blood
What do yall think of SOAD's new cd Mesmerize in comparison to Toxicity? They were both kick ass, but I would hafta say i like Mesmerize more.

necro

Postaholic
Well. As time changes, so does the style of things. SOAD's albums are no different. Toxicity rewrote rock and roll history. In 2003, that might have been the best rock album, in personal opinion. But if you compare how they did Toxicity, then listened to Steal This Album!, which I believe was a 2004 release, And compared that, furthermore to Mezmerize, They have changed styles, but for the better none the less. Mezmerize gets a 9.5 out of 10 on by me :thumbsup:

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
Personally, I think they're going on shock value alone. I have listeneo the album, and I just plain don't like it. songs like cigaro are just plain stupid.
"my cock is much bigger than yours, it walks right through the door"
"my shit stinks much better than yours, it stinks right through the floor"
stupidity at it's best, people.
no longer is system of a down the genere defining band, but now just an other generic band. It sorta sad, really.

jamesp

In Memory...
I'd have to say that I like Toxicity better. I guess it was just more real music......though I donit know, I like Mesmerize too.... Both I say.