WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines society vs. the world of male teens

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ok, I am seriously getting sick of being looked at differently just because I'm a male teen, it sucks because people look at us like were gonna pull out guns and do a driveby shooting. Male teens are especially hated. I said hi to a securtiy guard the mall nicely because he was looking at me, he put his hand on his gun holster and gave me a look like I was going to snatch it from him, and people say movies and TV shows effect US!

ferengi

Yay fire!
Yeah... and what's the deal with car insurance companies charging us higher rates than teenage females? What the FUCK? I know they go by statistics, but really, that would be like locking up all black people because STATISTICALLY they commit more crimes! WHY punish the whole instead of just the individual? If some other teenage guy thinks he's a badass, does stupid shit, and ends up in a wreck, triple his fucking rates!! DON'T PUNISH US FOR SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE ELSE DID YOU FUCKERS! :mad:

Descent

Hella Constipated
I totally agree with your views. I hate going into stores because I am afraid people will think I am a thief, even though I am a very moral person and I despise stealing physical property.

I really hate being a teenager in the U.S. We are looked down upon so much here...I am more mature than just about all the other kids in my grade, and I am also much smarter. Only my friend Joe can match me in these two areas. Sadly, there is no fix. For the next two years I am doomed to live a life of belittlement.

That security guard? He's brainwashed. You should have told him how moral of a person you are, and given him a talk when he did that. If you see him again, tell him how offended you were, and that prejudice is not a good way to live your life. It may strike some sense into him that not all teenagers are bad.

The auto companies do that because they are obsessed with making money. You know very well why that is.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I hate entering ANY food stores like "food stop" is right by our school and I feel like I have to buy something before leaving or they think I will have stolen something... uhhh those fuckers!

ok yeah even tho I'm not a guy i still go through that, annoys the hell out of me.I got followed a couple of times in a store.once two of my friends that i was at the mall with started stealing things from stores.i got pretty freaked out and ditched them.the ended up stealing about $20 worth of stuff.then to try and get me to be friends with them again they offered me some...damn retards...hope they get caught next time they do it

Descent

Hella Constipated
I feel the American media owes us a HUGE apology for the way they depict us.

Now I know how African-Americans feel about the media...They have it worse off than we do...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah. There's a best buy near my school, sometimes if I need to buy something I'll stop by there before I walk home. They make me leave my backpack at the front... kind of annoying, but they're just doing part of their job.

If you were a store owner, would you rather have a slightly disgruntled customer, or a shitload of stuff stolen? Now, you may not steal anything, but you can't tell morals by looks. It's just that simple, they're trying to do their job.

NoSubstance said:
Yeah. There's a best buy near my school, sometimes if I need to buy something I'll stop by there before I walk home. They make me leave my backpack at the front... kind of annoying, but they're just doing part of their job.

If you were a store owner, would you rather have a slightly disgruntled customer, or a shitload of stuff stolen? Now, you may not steal anything, but you can't tell morals by looks. It's just that simple, they're trying to do their job.
yeah yeah yeah thats all true but it's a pain in the ass to be followed.....when i was being followed i had the dude laugh at me bcuz i picked a wedgie.....that made me never go back to that store....mean follower dude....hope he gets fired

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
p99 said:
Ok, I am seriously getting sick of being looked at differently just because I'm a male teen, it sucks because people look at us like were gonna pull out guns and do a driveby shooting. Male teens are especially hated. I said hi to a securtiy guard the mall nicely because he was looking at me, he put his hand on his gun holster and gave me a look like I was going to snatch it from him, and people say movies and TV shows effect US!
Oldsters forget what it's like to be young, crazy, and spur of the moment! I get it all the time....But out here in O.C. it's a l lot more laid back than the rest of the U.S.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Sorry, teenage boys are the most irrational, and dangerous people out there. People have good reason to fear you all.

When you get into your 20's, you can rejoin society...

Descent

Hella Constipated
VOR said:
Sorry, teenage boys are the most irrational, and dangerous people out there. People have good reason to fear you all.

True for the most part, but it's us good little boys that have to suffer.

The only thing I steal is intellectual property, not physical property. What can I say, it's in geek nature.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
voiceofreason said:

Irrational Yes. Dangerous, behind the wheel!

ferengi

Yay fire!
Not all us male teens are irrational, but the ones that are give the rest of us a bad name. I drive extremely cautiously, follow every rule they told us in driving school, and wear my seatbelt.
I have been pulled over three seperate times for "looking suspicious". Ok, so I'm doing the speed limit, wearing a seatbelt, and not driving aggressively all three times.... what the FUCK is so suspicious about that? Or is it just because I'm a teenager who's out late? (all three times were when i was coming home from work, around 12:30a.m.) Other than those three times I got "warned" (okay officer, I'll try not to be so suspicious from now on :rolleyes: ), I've NEVER been pulled over for ANY traffic violations, and I have a spotless criminal record.
We aren't all hormone driven irrational lunatics who think with our dicks, and it really pisses me off when people try to put me into that group. Stereotypes are bullshit.

Signify

Particinator
mmmm well my friends and i might not be helping the rest of you guys out. We had grocery kart racing in the sobeys parking lot. it was about 9:30 ( our movie had just ended and we were bored). anyway the manager called the cops and we ran. man that was fun :)

Manson: ...But this is not the way the media wants to take it and spin it......Because the idea of the media is: 'Keep everyone afraid and they'll consume."

Moore: "Right."

Hahah, it's basically the media I guess. I don't even watch the news anymore because they literally report every murder and petty crime that happens, in a serious nature as if they believe we live in the biggest hovel of mob lords, drug addicts and prostitutes that ever existed in any part of the world, anywhere.

In the US our economy is driven by fear. People buy things because they are afraid of looking bad, dieing, getting something stolen, eating spoiled food, etc. etc.

Actual dialouge between my dad and I:

*I am biking out of the driveway*

Dad- "Hey, where are you going?"
Me- "Biking."
d- "Where?"
m- "I don't know, probably on the bike paths?"
d- "Where are they?!"
m- "Down the street..."
d- "Ok be careful."
m- "Yup."

-He could have just called me on my cell phone if I was late...

Everyone is so afraid of everything these days...

p99 said:
I hate entering ANY food stores like "food stop" is right by our school and I feel like I have to buy something before leaving or they think I will have stolen something... uhhh those fuckers!
speaking of that, i went to this small ass store in Kill Devil Hills,VA and i walked by stuff and looked at the price and stuff and then started leaving and 2 people stopped me and searched me. WTF(.com) is up with that? then i got in my car and did a drive by.

ROTFLMAO :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: