WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

soda or pop?

XsweetnessX

Banned - What an Asshat!
which do u call it, soda or pop. me being from cali i called it soda, but now that i live in indiana, i kinda call pop, but it will always be SODA! :thumbsup:

Sektor

Particinator
Here in St. Louis, we call it soda.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Pop. It's simple, and accurately describes carbonation.

XsweetnessX

Banned - What an Asshat!
TheLampIncident said:
Yeah, it's always a regional thing.

Soda.
yeah it is. in the west coast its soda, midwest pop, and east coast i think its soda and pop i dunno i could be wrong.

Here in the great state of Ohio it's pop . I knew a puke from Pennsylvania that called it soda...but you know how all them Steeler fans lie . ;)

XsweetnessX said:
and east coast i think its soda and pop i dunno i could be wrong.
I never met anyone from the east coast who called it pop. I should know because I live on the east coast.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
In Virginia its Soda

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I live in Southern Indiana, and we just call it coke... no matter what it is.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
XsweetnessX said:
which do u call it, soda or pop. me being from cali i called it soda, but now that i live in indiana, i kinda call pop, but it will always be SODA! :thumbsup:
When I was in Colorado some old fuck kept mockin me, every time I said soda or Pepsi he said "POP". This fucker was persistent too, he got a rise at the look on my face when he kept replying "POP". "No fucker, S O D A"!

As I walked out he said somethin to the extent of "damn California boys". To which I replied "Fuckin backwood Colorado hillbilly"!

magnolia

Postaholic
MN calls it pop, i call it soda. And when we went down to Tx the guy who was serving us kept saying coke after each of us said pop. I mean, hello?! We SOUND minnesotan, so hey, we obviously weren't from around there. But it was ok. He was kinda cute. :p

Sektor

Particinator
I think all of Missouri calls it soda, as does Illinois. At least the parts I've been in.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Newfoundland, where I'm from, is torn between Pop and Coke. And the one 'city' in my province (210,000 people, oh boy, big city!) also has a couple results for soda.

pop... shorter, takes less time to say, and isn't as much work for your tongue.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Michigan... = Pop... Soda is that powdered shit you put in the fridge for freshness or some shit...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Grumpy Old Man said:
Here in the great state of Ohio it's pop . I knew a puke from Pennsylvania that called it soda...but you know how all them Steeler fans lie . ;)
You LIE! maybe in southern ohio, but thats hicks & rednecks anyway. Up north in Cleveland we call that shit Soda. :p

Michigan... = Pop... Soda is that powdered shit you put in the fridge for freshness or some shit...
that figures, thats why Ohio State stomped yer asses!!! cause they call it Soda! :woot:

Then there is my wife who has her own crazy "carbonated beverage classification system" If it is cola or clear it is "soda" if it is any other color it is "pop" .... crazy ass woman ....

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
breakology said:
that figures, thats why Ohio State stomped yer asses!!! cause they call it Soda!
Logic like that kicks major ass! :thumbsup: