Notice Some site downtime...

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey, campers.

I have to perform a little minor surgery on the site involving two add-ons that must be replaced. Reactions/Ratings & Medals.

I am attempting new solutions for these. It will not be an easy task re-adding data and importing what I can, so I don't know how long the downtime will be.

So if you see the site closed in a couple days, you know why. ;)

Jason

Founder
OK, I have completed 1 of the 2 steps. We are now using a new Badges add-on.

Just making sure it's all stable before I work on the second step.

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Fuukin Xenforo can be a fun one to do the addons, most of my addons will install and update flawlessly,
but I had one badge system that fragged the forum, couldnt get my landing page or logins to load for nothings,
Had to go into the cpanel and rename the addon folder, go into the database, uninstall the addon, name the addon folder again then force cleared the cache..
it was a nightmare, so now whenever I do a install of a new addon or a update, I make sure I have a fairly current backup handy.

Jason

Founder
Been having a bitch of a time getting the free time for doing the second part, but hopefully it occurs soon. :p

Jason

Founder
OK, I managed to properly import reactions into the content ratings system without data loss...

There are still placement/alignment/border issues to be worked out, but it works so I'm re-opening. ;)

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
OK, I managed to properly import reactions into the content ratings system without data loss...

There are still placement/alignment/border issues to be worked out, but it works so I'm re-opening. ;)
The new reaction layout looks different. I'll have to get used to it. What was wrong with the old one?

Last edited:

Jason

Founder
The new reaction layout looks different. I'll have to get used to it. What was wrong with the old one?
No longer viable. The original has changed to an impossible tier of support. Among other changes the company is making to focus on a different business model, it is best to move on.

The medals add-on was abandoned. We had to seek an alternative that was supported.

Both add-ons are actually quite nice and I was able to import all data. So there's that.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
We were talking about this at work today. Our computers are old and horribly slow but mostly (I say) because of the network. My manager said they're going to rewire the store with new ethernet cable. What got us talking was our ordering system being fucked up Sunday, Monday and somewhat on Tuesday. I mentioned internet forums run by private individuals doing updates and maintenance ... why the fuck can't our company, one of the largest food retailers in the country and even the world, update their computer systems to operate at an acceptable level? If Eves can run her forum and Jason can run this forum and BF can run his forum and hell, even BlastemSkyHigh can run a forum (lol). I know there's more involved but still, what the fuck. Get your shit in order.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I miss being able to see who gave the various ratings. :(

Heck, if I rated a post that has multiple, different ratings, I cannot even tell which rating I gave. :(:(

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
We were talking about this at work today. Our computers are old and horribly slow but mostly (I say) because of the network. My manager said they're going to rewire the store with new ethernet cable. What got us talking was our ordering system being fucked up Sunday, Monday and somewhat on Tuesday. I mentioned internet forums run by private individuals doing updates and maintenance ... why the fuck can't our company, one of the largest food retailers in the country and even the world, update their computer systems to operate at an acceptable level? If Eves can run her forum and Jason can run this forum and BF can run his forum and hell, even BlastemSkyHigh can run a forum (lol). I know there's more involved but still, what the fuck. Get your shit in order.
What are these other forums?

Jason

Founder
I miss being able to see who gave the various ratings. :(

Heck, if I rated a post that has multiple, different ratings, I cannot even tell which rating I gave. :(:(

Let me know if you can see the reactions now. Just click one that was given in a post, and see a list?

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
Let me know if you can see the reactions now. Just click one that was given in a post, and see a list?
I just realized that reactions are broken on mobile. I can click it for thumbs up, but trying to hold down on it brings up a bunch of menu stuff instead of the other reactions.

Edit: I just realized I just need to touch the like button for all the reactions to pop up. I don't need to hold down anymore.

Last edited: