WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Somebody's getting on my nerves

Ugh. A certain friend of mine, whom shall remain nameless, puts on this ditzy act around guys. I cannot even stand to be around her when she does it, I get way too pissed. When it's just us girls, she's fine, normal, down to earth, whatever. But as soon as there's some guys around she is downright obnoxious. She has to be the center of attention. She flirts heavily, tries to embarrass her girl friends, tells other peoples jokes like they're her own, makes all kinds of perverted comments, plays dumb, belches and farts, etc.

Most guys eat it up, which is the only part of it I find humorous. I don't know what's more pathetic: her act or the fact that they fall for it.

Then she expects people to feel sorry for her cause she has all these unwanted admirers, but what does she expect? Even after they've made it clear they want to date her and she knows she's not interested, she continues to flirt with them! :hairout:

I don't know, maybe I'm just a jerk. It just pisses me off.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Pisses me off too.

FINGERNAILS RUNNING DOWN A CHALKBOARD TALK.

Have you ever confronted her straight up about it?

When I was in highschool, one of my very good friends did this as well. As I've gotten older and seen what kind of choices she's made in the long run, I think I've figured out this epidemic that seems to hit a range of teenage girls. There are different reasons, take your pick....
A) She's been fawned over since she was a child by parents or whomever and needs to seek that same adoration from anyone, even unwanted admirers to feel adequate.

B) She's never been fawned over by a male, perhaps she has daddy issues, and she seeks this filling of the void by flirting and acting helpless and ditzy around these guys because they will be drawn to the fact that they are needed to 'protect and teach' her. They fall for it because they like being needed, and she does it because she needs to feel love from a male to feel important.

C) Maybe she doesn't have much personality of her own, maybe she isn't very witty or remarkably intelligent, and maybe she isn't passionate about anything that would divert her attention from being pathetically fake and putting on an act to draw attention from guys.

And I must ask, were you saying she burps and farts around the guys and they like it? Ick. Your friend sounds real classy.......ew.

bombchu said:
Have you ever confronted her straight up about it?

I've made some subtle hints, but she doesn't handle criticism very well. She'll obsess over it for months. I'm not a people person myself, so I doubt I could come right out and say something without being blunt and hurting her feelings.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
I think the fact that she doesn't take criticsm very well shouldn't matter.
You still need to tell her something if she means anything to you.

If she's really a friend of yours, (at least in my definition of the word) then firstly, she wouldn't embarass you for no reason. Secondly, she might not like the criticism, but she'll either stop it with the helium (better for her and for the friendship), or just blow you off (she's a fucking flake and you're better off without her).

Win win situation to me.

bnccoder

Postaholic
If a girl can be comfortable around guys and vice versa more points to her. It's cool when a girl can match me at belching, shocking, but cool. Ever think she is just being one of the guys??????????????????

bnccoder said:
Ever think she is just being one of the guys??????????????????

It's possible, but I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" type situations. If all she were doing was belching and farting, I wouldn't think anything of it; but it's that in combination with all the other things she does that leads me to believe it's more about getting attention.

bnccoder said:
She could also be just trying to fuck with their minds.

Yeah, as much as she whines about her unwanted admirers she still flirts with them. It does make one wonder if maybe she knows exactly what she's doing. All I know is I don't like to be around her when she acts like that.

bnccoder

Postaholic
zoloftcasserole said:
Yeah, as much as she whines about her unwanted admirers she still flirts with them. It does make one wonder if maybe she knows exactly what she's doing. All I know is I don't like to be around her when she acts like that.
You could always join in and make a game out of it.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
She seems to be putting on an act because she doesn't know how to be herself around them. She probably gets nervous and this is the only way she knows how to talk to men. She's putting on a show.

Sadly, I've seen it happen often. It gets on my nerves too but just ignore it. There's nothing you can do.

Even now I see women act like that and I'm like wtf? are you doin'? You're not in HS anymore man and you sound like an ass!

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
zoloftcasserole said:
Ugh. A certain friend of mine, whom shall remain nameless, puts on this ditzy act around guys. I cannot even stand to be around her when she does it, I get way too pissed. When it's just us girls, she's fine, normal, down to earth, whatever. But as soon as there's some guys around she is downright obnoxious. She has to be the center of attention. She flirts heavily, tries to embarrass her girl friends, tells other peoples jokes like they're her own, makes all kinds of perverted comments, plays dumb, belches and farts, etc.

Most guys eat it up, which is the only part of it I find humorous. I don't know what's more pathetic: her act or the fact that they fall for it.

Then she expects people to feel sorry for her cause she has all these unwanted admirers, but what does she expect? Even after they've made it clear they want to date her and she knows she's not interested, she continues to flirt with them! :hairout:

I don't know, maybe I'm just a jerk. It just pisses me off.
I totally have a friend just like that. It all started back when she got her first boyfriend like a 2 or 3 years ago......... she'd act all ditzy and stuff, but she never did anything beyond making out with him because they were both pretty good kids, yada yada... and so when she said that they had stripped down to their undies, it was a fairly big surprise, because she was just so innocent beforehand.
Since then, she's started going to college on a program thing called running start, even though she's only going to be a senior this year. She's still super ditzy around guys and when she goes over to a friend of mine's house, she always has to have a guy, and then of course they start making out AT MY FRIEND'S HOUSE, which is ALWAYS fun because, you know, that's not rude, not at ALL... *kill* But then a few days ago, we were all talking, and she's sitting there telling us about how she's given a guy, no, two guys, blowjobs and she's not even going out with them.. GAH. It's just so fucking frustrating because she's changing so much...into a total slut....sigh!
Wow that was long.. and kind of off topic. Sorry :(