WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Songs in commercials!

Clay

Hoodrat
I hate it when songs are used in advertising or for a TV show. They take completely good songs and ruin them by putting them in their piece of shit television shows or commercials. Whenever I listen to the song or hear it on the radio it makes me think of the commercial or TV show. Like the song that they have for CSI (I can't remember the name of it right now.) I heard it on the radio a couple days ago, and it made me think of CSI, then right after the song was over the DJ said "Thats a good song, but it reminds me of CSI."

Do any of you feel the same way? Do you have any examples of when this has happened?

Then the radio people watch the show, think "That song's on a TV show. It must be cool."

Then they play it non stop.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i dont like CSI. i do know what you are talking about though. my advice: stop watching CSI.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Stop watching TV Stop listening to radio. Buy/DL from private labels.

Slacker

Postaholic
The Fanta song is the most annoying comercial song!

dustinzgirl said:
Stop watching TV Stop listening to radio. Buy/DL from private labels.
I agree. The radio station here plays songs from 5 years ago, apparently thinking they're still cool.

For example:

Maroon 5 - This love
3 doors down - here without you.

They play those 2 songs over and over all day every day, not realizing how overplayed and lousy they really are.

Then, every time they play the song, they go on about what a "great tune" it is.

Yeah, morons. Those songs weren't good when they were released. What makes you think they're good now?

hmmmm what station are you speeking of? change the station, i'm sure listening to CFNR or ummm the country one is much better.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
A song I like, called "Way of the Light" by The Gift of Gab, was in an IMMENSELY popular Diet Coke commercial. I guaratee you'd recognize it if you hear the song, but it still never sold for jack shit :thumbsdn:

Slacker

Postaholic
Icarus said:
A song I like, called "Way of the Light" by The Gift of Gab, was in an IMMENSELY popular Diet Coke commercial. I guaratee you'd recognize it if you hear the song, but it still never sold for jack shit :thumbsdn:
I would agree and i love that song. :thumbsup:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
What's a tv? what's a radio? I know not what you speak of.

After doing a google search I learned what a tv and radio was. WOW, that is so old school. I thought life was done on the interwebnets, where you control what you watch and hear.. :happysad:

Clay

Hoodrat
I'm not talking about just CSI, sure I've seen it maybe twice. But I'm talking generally about how a song is on television or in an advertisement, then I hear it again and it reminds me of that song, then it just totally pisses me off because I keep thinking that the song is going to stop where it does in the commercial or on TV.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
they've ruined so many many songs this way.... It's just slightly worse then rap.. at least rap "thinks" its making a song better by using its baseline or melody in a mix... commercials have ruined everything from KISS to Glen Miller...

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Clay said:
... Whenever I listen to the song or hear it on the radio it makes me think of the commercial or TV show. Like the song that they have for CSI (I can't remember the name of it right now.)...
<Evil Voice> Exxxxxxcellent.... Everything is proceeding according to plan....... MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH!!! </Evil Voice>

Cheers,

Corporate Marketing/Music Mind Control Department

PS... Buy Pepsi

Nymphchick said:
hmmmm what station are you speeking of? change the station, i'm sure listening to CFNR or ummm the country one is much better.
CJFW? :p

We get that station, but I don't listen to country.

The one I speak of (BVLD) doesn't reach that far. It goes from Hazelton to Fraser Lake, I believe.

It used to be good. About 5 years ago.

Haven't listened to it since.

Old Navy has to be one of the worst offenders. They take songs that sucked to begin with, and increase the suckage by 200%. The make the lyrics even lamer, and the songs perkier. :thumbsdn:

I can't believe I forgot this one!

I don't even know what it's for, but the song goes "start having a.....great life....."

:sword: I HATE that damn commercial. That song singlehandedly has the ability to set off my menstrual cycle. It must die!

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Franz Ferdinand- take me out- psp
Twisted sister- were not gonna take it- 7up, some toy
The kinks- bread and butta- applebees
Manfried Mann- do wah diddy- applebees
??- Susie Q- applebees
Skatallies- if you wanna be happy- some sugary ceral or somethin

All ruined. I really hate the applebees ones. Thay can't stop with using the song, they have to add their own lyrics. It sucks. If it sucked any harder, I'd probally like it.