WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sony is driving me insane

What should my new game system be?

• Total voters
The PlayStation 4 and PSN both super suck d**ks. The PS4 can't be used for a DVD player unless it's connected to internet, which sucks because Mediacom internet goes out so often and I frequently watch DVD's to pass the time. I'd rather not have to go buy a DVD player when I already have a machine that is supposed to do that. Not only that, but if the internet is shotty, my whole home screen lags. What kind of fuckery is that? Seriously? Not even Xbox does that. Most of the PS4 games require you have an internet connection even if they aren't online games. Seriously? As I mentioned, Mediacom in the Midwest US is slow and stupid and has constant connection problems. I lose my connection to PSN just about every hour or so even when I'm in the middle of a game. Why? I have the best internet I can possibly get (costing me $235/month) and a $400 modem/router combo. There's no reason for anything to disconnect at any point in time unless Cthulu rains down fiery, frozen piss and wind on the telephone poles. And what happened to games being reasonably priced? Simple small puzzle games are $30+ and none of them are halfway entertaining. All the good games are being released on PC only usually or they get released on PS4 a year or longer after they are released on other platforms. That is just stupid. I also have a very hard time seeing my captures and images on the PS4 without an internet connection. That stuff is saved to the system. Why the hell are there connection problems? Sony get your shit together. You fucking suck and have only gotten worse and the PS2 and PS3 are the only good things that have happened to you in recent years. Seriously, fuck off into an atomic explosion.

feenix

Flame Bait
Goddamn! $235 a month?! And I thought I was paying out the ass at $170/month for internet/cable.

In my eyes, Sony lost all credibility when they didn't make certain games backwards compatible just to force customers to buy 2 versions of the same damn game for 2 different consoles. And I'm not even a big gamer! But all three PS2 games I own aren't backwards compatible, go figure. Sony can suck a dick.

Not to PC master race this post but...
If you own a PC you probably spent 300$ minimal on it
If you own a PS4 you probably paid at least $280
If you are getting PSN than you spend at least $60 a year, average lifespan of a console is 5 years, PSN would build up to 300 over that time frame
Sitting on 880$ in total cost (more if you get controllers and that pseye what ever kinda shit) you could get a pretty decent prebuilt gaming pc
Obviously I don't know how hard your bargain hunt game is, maybe you got your setup for 30$, IDK, speaking averages for new and used retail
If anyone was about to pose the argument "But you still need to buy controllers and mouse and keyboard for PC" visit your local garage sale or local chinese ebay crackhead, my accessory setup maybe runs at 40$ and I got a lot of shit but I'll probably sepiku a fucking year from now cus some poor underpaid chinese infant is sodering my buttons together for me

Personally I do love my PS3&4, I don't buy membership for it and use it to play exclusives 2 years after they come out, all online gaming I do is on PC I was done with consoles online marketing BS when microsoft made the 360 front page a fucking advertisement minefield

So yeah fuck sony

Edit: You mentioned getting a switch in your poll, I do own one. I like it but it lacks hardware depth. Some ports will lag, the motion control is better than wii but still blows, and I take pictures and video all the fucking time because I get pissed and squeeze the controller to hard. Otherwise I love it and online will only be 20$ a year

Last edited:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Wrong.

Anyone who spends $60 a year on PSN or XBL is a fool. No one should pay over $40 for either, since there are always deals for them. Also, XBL is so easy to get for free in the US with MS Rewards program. You also get 4 games a month with XBL and close to that on PSN. Easily worth it.

Also, any decent gaming PC Video card adds $700 to the cost, thanks to all the GPU Mining crazes.

A 700$ video card is not necessary to be on par with a console
40$ a month still stacks up to 200$ which is hefty
Getting a game for free isn't exactly great when you can get games for pennys on the dollar as well

Last edited:
Alright, I'll be real, so if you take the 300 for a personal PC and stack the cost of a new xbox one on it it will run 550$
I am assuming here that the free XBL you mentioned does not require you to buy new games to rack up points, the website is blocked to people who sign up and I dont care to look into it that deep, I'll just hand you the credit for it.
A new game pc with comparable specs will run 740$ from a premade manufacturer.

Personally, for the sake of not having to upgrade to a new console in a few years, use any device I want on my hardware, get deals on steam sales and g2a, as well as keep my work space in my game space I'll pay the 200$ I also just prefer being able to wit my way through work arounds, not worry about corporate greed, and mod my games without the approval of the developer.

You are right, overall the xbox one does look cheaper in that respect and more so if you are a person who uses a phone or other device to browse the web.
I can definitely understand why someone would want the simplicity of using a console over having to mess around with a pc

Goddamn! $235 a month?! And I thought I was paying out the ass at $170/month for internet/cable.

In my eyes, Sony lost all credibility when they didn't make certain games backwards compatible just to force customers to buy 2 versions of the same damn game for 2 different consoles. And I'm not even a big gamer! But all three PS2 games I own aren't backwards compatible, go figure. Sony can suck a dick.
Yeah it's not good. I pay so much for internet and the game system and the games and it all still sucks horribly