WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

SOtF concert + local kicked ass!!

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
holy motherfucking shit, concert ruled, these bands:

Story of the Year
Paranoid Social Club
Animal Suit Driveby
+ one other I can't remember the name of

I had so many substances spilled on me that I didn't know if I was the new brand of toilet or douche. The concert fucking RULED, mosh pits everywhere, I started crowd surfing but the dumbass stoners dropped me to soon.. If you have the chance to see story of the year, DO IT!!!!

Jung

???
Premium
TheLampIncident said:
You homo. You saw Story Of The Year. They suck ass.
I guess “music” with indistinguishable vocals and simplistic kick bass and chord patterns is better?

Please note that I’m just pointing out your ignorant comments. (Even though I really feel that way about growl metal.)

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
TheLampIncident said:
Music sucks.
Uh ok.. Then go up on a stage and do better than them, don't say something sucks if you can't do a lot better. Their so talented its amazing, they switched off a bunch of times and played each others instruments.. They have crazy synchronized jumps and flips, all while their still playing. They have good lyrics and have been on a 19 month straight tour, good bunch of guys and awesome music.

Jung

???
Premium
Cuddles said:
OMFG...if you think music sucks, then you must really SUCK!
I think he was being sarcastic, for lack of anything better to reply with.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Other band was "the Exies".. They were awesome. Sevendust on december 14th. Can you say booyah?

Smoke said:
No wonder why you suck so much. :thumbsdn:
You are a fuckface.

Junglizm hit the mark with this one. I listed a lot of bands that I like in another thread, but most of it's not music. I do play guitar and I am in a band and I'd like to think I'm a hell of a lot better at playing guitar than anybody in Story Of The Year. And their lyrics are crap. Nobody cares about emoy loserish lyrics. Deep lyrics don't mean anything. The best lyrics are in your face and angry. But most bands can't write anyway, so it's not at the top of my list.

p99 said:
Other band was "the Exies".. They were awesome. Sevendust on december 14th. Can you say booyah?
BOOOOO!!!!

I can't say yeah. I may get cancer.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
what a fucking loser.

I think if someone can move past all that self-indulgent "Everyone hates me, I hate life, I want to die" bullshit and write about more abstract things then they have elevated themselves to another plateau musically. The best lyrics are in your face and angry? Why is that? So by that logic, contemporary Rap "artists" are the best writers of our time. Come on kid, There are so many types of music to listen too, why choose the one of the worst and seclude yourself?

Growl Metal? I think its fitting. I like it :thumbsup: .....(the name, not the music)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
In my own opinion, I think story of the year is horrible live. Everytime I have seen them (three times), the band attempts to always play over one another. Unfortunately, this causes an inaudible mush of power chords and double bass kicks. Their singer lacks in the well singing department. He can sing, just isn't very powerful live. I probably won't go seem them again, unless its at like Warped Tour. :thumbsdn:

bigck3000 said:
The best lyrics are in your face and angry? Why is that? So by that logic, contemporary Rap "artists" are the best writers of our time. Come on kid, There are so many types of music to listen too, why choose the one of the worst and seclude yourself?
That's not really what I was referring to. I probably should have been a little more descriptive. Rap may be in your face, but it's not very clever. I like puns and references(not to the lastest fads that everyone knows like Eminem does, I mean something less recent). It also depends on what you say you hate. Obviously if you just say "I hate playa hatas" it's dumb. Underground rappers like to write about how much they hate the government just because weed isn't legal which is equally dumb.

As for the term "growl metal", there's no such thing. That's not a real term. I don't know exactly where junglizm got that from, but you can't just call music growl metal because that crunches too many genres into one bland stereotype. You can't say that black metal and hardcore are the same, like you can't say death metal and grindcore are the same, or like you can't say crust punk and street punk are the same. A good chunk of what I listen to is heavy and fast whether it be more metal or punk sounding, but I'm also into the rockabilly/psychobilly thing as well as some avant-garde stuff. I try not to limit myself, but I never once heard anything on the radio that stirred me in recent years.

Jung

???
Premium
TheLampIncident said:
That's not really what I was referring to. I probably should have been a little more descriptive. Rap may be in your face, but it's not very clever. I like puns and references(not to the lastest fads that everyone knows like Eminem does, I mean something less recent). It also depends on what you say you hate. Obviously if you just say "I hate playa hatas" it's dumb. Underground rappers like to write about how much they hate the government just because weed isn't legal which is equally dumb. .
You’ve figured out the difference in underground hip hop and MTV crap. The weed lyrics. :rolleyes: Seriously, do you honestly think you have a clue? You go from saying that you don’t know much about hip hop, in one thread, to implying that you know it all in this one? How fucking droll! I doubt you could even name some underground hip hop artists, without copying from another thread. Underground hip hop focuses on more poetic and meaningful lyrics. It’s the overall sound that defines the underground, not some lyrics about pot.

In contrast, what would you consider lyrics about death, suicide, gore and violence to be? Clever? You’re obviously just biased and attempting to troll based on that. You do it in a lot of threads.
TheLampIncident said:
As for the term "growl metal", there's no such thing. That's not a real term. I don't know exactly where junglizm got that from, but you can't just call music growl metal because that crunches too many genres into one bland stereotype. .
You’re laying the irony on thick today, aren’t you? Carry on though, I love when people contradict themselves without knowing it. I even stated in another thread (your e/n thread about girls) that I was making up that term. I used it for comedy, and reused it here to continue my sarcasm. You obviously missed that as well.
TheLampIncident said:
You can't say that black metal and hardcore are the same, like you can't say death metal and grindcore are the same, or like you can't say crust punk and street punk are the same.
Touche. You can’t expect everyone to know all the little sub genres and sub sub genres that you guys create. Only a true fan would recognize more than the broad genre. With that being said, maybe you’ll realize how ignorant it is when you do the same with hip hop.

Tagmatic

Banned - What an Asshat!
Story of the Year made a great comeback with this years WARPED TOUR...most people that havent followed them lost track after their first big hit

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
Story of the year always puts on a great show, esp. in their home town of st. louis. every time i see them the show gets better and better