WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

sources of inspiration?

gumercules

Ultra Mega
Just wondering where the writers out there get their inspiration.

I've got a killer idea for a screenplay (I'm a film major), but the story needs an ending. Do you get your epiphanies on long walks, in the shower, working with heavy machinery, eating, or what? I need some inspiration ASAP. :lol:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
gumercules said:

I've got a killer idea for a screenplay (I'm a film major), but the story needs an ending. Do you get your epiphanies on long walks, in the shower, working with heavy machinery, eating, or what? I need some inspiration ASAP. :lol:
It depends on what Im doing.For instance,my ex-asshole has an amazing ability every time she opens her mouth to help me conjure up something really nasty.Other times it goes by way of the blank stare into space.......WHAT! no help...sorry dude.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
gumercules said:

Sometimes its just how things look, like the clouds moving across the sky, which will turn into a raging battle in the ocean.

other times it a word, life experince or a mood. A lot of mine comes from Art, Linsner's art being a huge insperation on me.

I have been inspired for stories from how a sugar pack is broke open and spilled into my coffee.

Its just how you open your eyes and your imagination.

:)

gumercules

Ultra Mega
about 3 minutes after i posted that i had a few good ideas for the story - i was doing nothing at the time :lol:, but it still needs an ending so keep ideas for inspiration coming!

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
gumercules said:
about 3 minutes after i posted that i had a few good ideas for the story - i was doing nothing at the time :lol:, but it still needs an ending so keep ideas for inspiration coming!

i drink cofee until my eyes bug out of my head. by that time, im inspired!

or, i just start writing the first thing that comes to my head with no format. like:

sometimes i feel like i am still waiting for a great idea but the universe is just laughing at me and then i get ran over by a semitruck driven by a laughing donkey.

somewhere in there is inspiration, i just write until i fillup a page and then i read it.

ron

Buster of Asses
gumercules said:

Usually while driving (during the long commute) my mind begins to wander. Also, while working in the yard and hiking.

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
Dreams.... sometimes the best sorce of inspriation is already inside of your head.... in the morning, when you can remeber your dreams you should write them down. i've found that if i come back to them later they jumpstart my brain into thinking creatively..... but every one has their own way. your a flim student? that's fucking cool. you'll have to run the plot by the few that care some time

i think (sounds suprising, i know :p )... my mind is constantly in motion... whatever i think about, i put on paper... form it into whatever i feel it should be formed into.

Miss Leo

Clitpickle
I know this will sound corny, but, whenever I feel the pressure, I turn to God and he helps me through the problem.

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
Miss Leo said:
I know this will sound corny, but, whenever I feel the pressure, I turn to God and he helps me through the problem.
yup.. that sounds corny, but hey, whatever works

jamesp

In Memory...
Miss Leo said:
whenever i feel pressure i like to beat homeless people....you should try it, it relieves a lot a stress.

just kidding of course.....it doesn't relieve that much stress.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jamesp said:
whenever i feel pressure i like to beat homeless people....you should try it, it relieves a lot a stress.

just kidding of course.....it doesn't relieve that much stress.

beating homeless people is not insprirational. however, it is a great way to improve your golf/baseball/hockey game depending on which medium of attack you prefer.

Plus, they are icky and smelly, so its really nieghborhood improvement.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
You're inspirations been taking a shit on you lately?
come on im just kiddi..HEY! im homeless!..You stay away from my overpass D.
It's quite comfy here actually.What sux is,i can only plug in my computer
when a car craps out above me.