WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Speech for day of silince

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
We all know the famous words spoken by Martin Luther King JR, “I have a dream..” The great man called for an end to discrimination, an end to hatred, and end to all the violence and for all people to be treated equally. His words rang strong and clear and were ones of hope and peace. It is only fitting that today I say the same thing… I to have a Dream…

My dream is not much different from Martin Luther King JR. I have a dream that this silence will end. That young gay Americans will not have to be fearful of being who they truly are. That they can proudly and safely walk the halls of their school. That no discrimination will be held against them.

Today is a day of silence, but I feel I have been silent long enough. There are those that don’t want me to speak, who feel that this problem should render itself in the shadows. As if hiding it will make it go away. How do you make the fact that nationwide, 2,475 people were victimized by anti-gay violence. One in six attacks nationwide were against transgender people. How do I silence their voice. How do I hide the scars of 2,475 innocent people?

In realizing that number I have to wonder… How many do not report it, how many do not openly say they are gay for further fear? How many still lay silence? No one knows, but one thing is for certain, if they can not speak than I shall, than we shall… and a hundred more on top of that, and than a thousand, than a million. Our voice shall ring through the streets of America, to the halls of the white house, beyond the bounds of earth into the cosmos.

All shall realize that this dream is not just mine. Right now across this country men and woman are gearing up to protect freedom in a distant land. To ensure that the red, white and blue will still be waving, but right now in this country another gay teen is finding themselves to be the victim of another hate crime echoing with in the halls of our schools, streets of our town and even the homes in which they live in. With no real help nor answer given to them… until now. Let us together as one break this silence.

Unfinished...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
screw_ball said:
Try reading the post,Son. It's about your rights.
Make like a good little boy,and head on over to the playground.

Nevermind the kids,Kit.
Good job.
Continue...

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
gehtfuct said:
Try reading the post,Son. It's about your rights.
Make like a good little boy,and head on over to the playground.

Nevermind the kids,Kit.
Good job.
Continue...
tnx Geht :thumbsup: yes, please do continue Kitana...i likeeeeeee it :thumbsup: