WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Spell Checka

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
We seriously need to get a spell checker "installed" or however it works. I've been to sites, much less elegant ( :rolleyes: ) than this one and they have them. I know it takes the fun out of correcting other people....but it would be so much easier to communicate...PURRTY PLEASE...with "special sauce" on top.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
try dictionary.com or going back to school?

i cant spell for shit but it doesnt bother me. oh well i say!

the problem with that idea, is people are stupid.

it would never get used.

unless it was automatic :confused:

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Yeah I don't see it getting used too often..

...and AI isn't advanced enough to know what should stay and what should go as an automatic thing... I'll take a look at the spellcheck modification, see if it's something harmless (and optional) enough. ;)

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
wE dunt need any stinkin spel czech'r.
I cun spell lik a mikado werld chumpion,dammit!

Jung

???
Premium
bigck3000 said:
We seriously need to get a spell checker "installed" or however it works. I've been to sites, much less elegant ( :rolleyes: ) than this one and they have them. I know it takes the fun out of correcting other people....but it would be so much easier to communicate...PURRTY PLEASE...with "special sauce" on top.
Like icka said; I use dictionary.com when I can't spell some words. Also, if you use firefox you can add it to your search bar. Alternately, you can use word as a form of spell checking. I often use it to type lengthy posts/replies. I've yet to see spell check as a vbb mod, but it would be a nice feature, for some our our more gramatically challenged users. Maybe it'll cut down on the incorrect and over use and of elipses as well.(you know I had to add that in.:))

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Like icka said; I use dictionary.com when I can't spell some words. Also, if you use firefox you can add it to your search bar. Alternately, you can use word as a form of spell checking. I often use it to type lengthy posts/replies. I've yet to see spell check as a vbb mod, but it would be a nice feature, for some our our more gramatically challenged users. Maybe it'll cut down on the incorrect and over use and of elipses as well.(you know I had to add that in.:))

A few of my diffrent boards have spell check added in as an option for posting messages...

and even wtih spell check... i still put my dots in.

Descent

Hella Constipated
That would haul cock. I'm sick of having to proofread my shit all the time.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
A lot of people have spelling issues , i just dont proofread so thats why sometimes it looks like I annd terrible at typing , but who cares?

magnolia

Postaholic
I think it's a good idea, but not practical for the users on this site. Mostly cuz, like others said, it wouldn't get used.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Some people would use it, some people wouldn't.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
bigck3000 said:
screw that then we are taking away peoples right to be what they want to be.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Mr. Joshua said:
Yeah...screw the MAN! The man can spell gooder if he wants.
what the hell is gooder, that don't even go in that sentence man...Not being mean or nothing but your one of the reasons someone wants a spell checker, well also including Nameless girl96, the worse speller of all...lol.