WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

**Spoiler for the new Starwars movie : Revenge of the shit**

Boycott

Soul Doubt
So basically...
Anakin is turned by palpentine and ends up killing every jedi including mace windu, he then force chokes padme but she doesnt die, they cant save her though because she is heartbroken, he then commences to fight obi wan but gets pwned when obi drops his ass into a lava pool, he then gets picked up by palpentine and turned into gimp vader.

I give it a Horrible/10.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
a horrible/10? wtf is that?
I liked the movie, becouse it will propably be longer in the dvd version..with the turning bad etc.. I didnt like padmes acting..it sucked it had no passion..but i liked movie though. Yoda rocks :dance:

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
I agree with Stardust., Padme's acting blew. But I think everyone had uber high expectations of the movie...thinking it would be the best one yet, it wasn't...so everyone was dissappointed. Best of the new ones yes, but the old trilogy kicked its ass. I found that they tried to cram all the connections into this movie, they should've done a better job spreading out the connections to the old trilogy rather than just cram most of them into the last episode. I hope there will is a longer version that would come out on DVD (as Stardust said). Maybe that would redeem it's flaws a bit.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
PatticusRex said:
I agree with Stardust., Padme's acting blew. But I think everyone had uber high expectations of the movie...thinking it would be the best one yet, it wasn't...so everyone was dissappointed. Best of the new ones yes, but the old trilogy kicked its ass. I found that they tried to cram all the connections into this movie, they should've done a better job spreading out the connections to the old trilogy rather than just cram most of them into the last episode. I hope there will is a longer version that would come out on DVD (as Stardust said). Maybe that would redeem it's flaws a bit.

They couldn't spread out the connections as you said because most of them happened in a short period of time. It all happened around the same time, within a one year period in the star wars universe.

Padme (Natalie Portman) did a fine acting job imo. she wasn't supposed to be that emotional because her character is confused throughout the movie. for one she's pregnant which doesn't help anything and also she see's anakin going through these changes and acting differently and there isn't much she can do. also she can sense the changes he is having and sense what is happening because Padme is force sensitive. anyone who says "i have a bad feeling about this", or "i have a very bad feeling about this" is force sensitive. her character is confused and not at ease during the film which explains why she acts the way she does. it is intentional. that being said i wouldn't necesarily put her up for an oscar
-----------------------------
my personal review of the movie:
i liked it a lot it is the 2nd best movie in the series imo, second to empire. i like the emphasis on prophecy in this one where as in the others they barely mention prophecy. i also like the huge irony that is in the movie. that being that obi-wan tells anakin to be patient, but yet he is not in terms of the prophecy. the prophecy says that anakin will bring balance to the force. many mis-interpret this and think that by being bad he is balancing it out. that is not what the prophecy means. the jedi councel interpretted it correctly, it meant that he will kill the sith. he does in episode 6. luke skywalker isn't powerful enough to do it, but anakin is. anyway obi-won and yoda arent patient enough for the prophecy to fullfill itself which is the irony. good moviel. it gets 4/5 thumbs up in my opinion:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsdn:

I concur with Wizardly friend. The movie owned ass. It's now up with A New Hope, and the Empire Strikes Back.

keebs

Particinator
episod 3 kicked ass, i have to say it was the best one out of the new 3. and i saw it at 12:05am on thursday and im going to see it again on sunday, and agian on tuesday!

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Stardust said:
a horrible/10? wtf is that?
I liked the movie, becouse it will propably be longer in the dvd version..with the turning bad etc.. I didnt like padmes acting..it sucked it had no passion..but i liked movie though. Yoda rocks :dance:
yea Yoda da man :thumbsup:

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Can't dig on the new three. The old ones were sooooo much better.

Why?

Cause there was good dialog, history, humanity, back story and personality. You could relate to all the characters. Now it's just dry.

I walked out.

Friends don't let friends watch bad movies.

Jung

???
Premium
4.5/5 The Aniken and Obiwon fight scene was classic. The grevious fight scene was a lto more than I expected as well.
BklynCannonball said:
history, humanity, back story and personality. You could relate to all the characters.
How can you say this episode didn't have history? That's the entire point of this film. And humanity? Did you even get that far into it?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
junglizm said:
4.5/5 The Aniken and Obiwon fight scene was classic. The grevious fight scene was a lto more than I expected as well.
How can you say this episode didn't have history? That's the entire point of this film. And humanity? Did you even get that far into it?
unfortunately there are alot of elitists among the star wars fans. they feel that because george lucas had to use his imagination to bring you special effects instead of just using speacial effects that makes a film better. which ofcourse is total BS. in 4, 5, and 6 he didnt have all these special effects and he had to be creative so ofcourse the films were better?? that is why some people like 4, 5, and 6. and some are just elitist in the sense that they like the original and want to claim i liked the movies before 1, 2, and 3. i wanst around for 4, 5, and 6 and i liked them. 1 was horrible in my opinion. 2 was allright and 3 was awesome. i have varied opinions of 4, 5 an 6 as well.

also id like to say that of all this movies i think this one had the most backstory. everyone knew what was going to happen and they executed it beautifully, some things i didnt know about happened and i found myself going OMG. for example in episode 4 obi-won hands luke a light saber and says that it was something that his father would want him to have. in episode 3 he takes ani's lightsaber after he takes off 3 of his limbs in one swing. i previously just thought he had an extra one laying around or somethjing.

the humanity and drama in this movie was good as well. how many of us, i know i did, felt yourself saying dont do it anikan, this guy is bad. i knew the basic plot of this movie before i saw it, ive seen it twice already and both times i was like NOOO!!!!!. especially the scene whree he kills the kids.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
How can you say that it's just a horrible 10?

You can't just lump all of it into a "horrible" 10, I mean didn't you like the bit when he turned into Darth Vader? And how easily it goes into Episode 4, (which of course was the first one ever made) true Natalie's performance wasn't that great, but the rest was good I thought, I mean that bit where they had that fight.. And all the graphics, and the bits where you were like "NO?!" personally I thought it was very good. It's a shame it's the last one.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
BklynCannonball said:
I walked out.

Friends don't let friends watch bad movies.

So what's a good movie? in the tiny little world of the Brooklyn cannonball.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed the way they really made an effort to tie into the originals, while still showing lots of cool bits from the past. It's not the best movie ever, but compared to the crop of shit that has come out of Hollywood of late, it was pretty damn good. I give it an 8 out of 10 on the Good scale. Of course, compared to the 10 out of 10 Sin City, it's not the best of late.

I think it makes up for the first 2 of the new series being kinda lame in many ways.

If you can't enjoy it, it may be a lack of imagination as you've gotten to be an old and jaded adult. YMMV

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
I have been hearing alot of complaints about people saying Anakin just suddenly turns to the dark side.....Did anyone else say that when they talked to you about it? Or is my city full of retards?

Jung

???
Premium
PatticusRex said:
I have been hearing alot of complaints about people saying Anakin just suddenly turns to the dark side.....Did anyone else say that when they talked to you about it? Or is my city full of retards?
Your city is full of retards. Although the movie doesn't detail it as much as the books, there is an obvious reason for his change, especially if you've seen the other movies.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
PatticusRex said:
They do not grasp the power of the Darkside.

Seriously though, I have heard that complaint a bit, but more complaints about the
Lack of Jar Jar dying

Oh yes...

If Jar Jar had died; Revenge of the Sith would have been the single greatest work of art ever concieved by human mind. God himself would have died after watching the Jar Jar death scene. It wouldn't even have to be cool, just a stray laser beam hitting Jar Jar, and he falls. The second that happened, people would be standing up applauding, women would dancing naked, a riot would begin, and George Lucas would rule the universe.

I'm not even sure if Jar Jar dying was better or worse.