WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Spoiler only Shithikers Guide to the Galaxy rant

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
This is a spoiler post. I will ruin the movie for you, even though that's impossible considering how badly this pile of shit sucked. The movie ruined below is the currently playing Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

There was a book, and the book was good. Then there was a movie made that takes everything funny out of the book, and throws it away. I have not left a movie I've paid for in some time, I almost went about 3/4 through this steaming pile. If you brought your towel to the theater please wrap it securely around your head and try not to have your brain sucked out by the lameness.

They change the plot from the book a great deal while simultaneously destroying any humor! It's amazing! The singing dolphins with the surely soon to be a hit "So long, and thanks for all the fish" was thankfully the last bit of trying to make this movie a musical, because it could have sucked even worse as a musical, though barely.

Arthur is a loser, but an ok guy. His friend is from outer space. They leave Earth before it blows up. They meet the asshole, and his beyatch. They turn into couches, totally unfunny couches. They get shot at a lot by the Vogons, who hit about as well as a blind man with one arm. They mention the towel, but if you've never read the books you'll just sit there wondering what the fuck is with the few towel fetish remarks. Marvin is depressing, probably because he saw a screening of this movie. The mice seem less intelligent than Zaphod, a mean feat. Asshole, I mean Zaphod is more annoying that I thought possible, and I can imagine quite well. The love story between Arthur and Trillian made the movie even worse, another incredible feat. At the end when Marvin fires this stupid gun and makes the Vogons all depressed I was SURE that the beam came right off the screen and hit me. I was depressed such a great memory of mine was tarnished by this crapfest.

The only joke that worked in the movie was when they got my six bucks, and I sat through the movie. Oh HA HA, very funny guys. :mfinger:

Jung

???
Premium
If there are spoilers, why not use the
tags? That is what they're for, after all.

JLXC

Premium
junglizm said:
If there are spoilers, why not use the
tags? That is what they're for, after all.
Ok the whole post is a spoiler. I clearly point this out in both the subject, and the main body at the top. Do I have to idiot proof the whole thing? I understand your desire for neatness, but really? Come on.

:confused:

Jung

???
Premium
Eh, I read the first part of your post, and there were no spoilers. I quit reading after the second paragraph though, because I haven't seen it yet. A movie review/rant/entire post shouldn't be all spoilers anyway, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe I'm just being picky because it's late, and I wrote the spoiler code. :D

Anyway, just my :twocents:

JLXC

Premium
junglizm said:
Maybe I'm just being picky because it's late, and I wrote the spoiler code. :D

Anyway, just my :twocents:
You wrote the code for it? Sweet.. well I promise in the future to use them then. Trust me don't see this movie. Don't. You've been warned. Wear a towel over your head. I'm totally serious.