WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Spyware

KeyserWS6

Fresh Meat
I hope the creators of this bullshit spyware realize they are running themselves out of business and turning off millions or perhaps billions of people towards the internet. My family's computer at home has become so infested it is literally impossible to get to any meaningful webpage. I've run Spybot and AdAware (which have not solved anything) and I'm convinced these companies are in on this scam. They don't want spyware to stop, because that would put them out of business. They're probably the same gawd damn companies creating the spyware. At any rate, my entire family has stopped using the internet simply because they can't. When I get some spare time I will have to format the computer and reinstall Windows. I wonder if huge companies like E-bay, Amazon, and even Microsoft realize how much money spyware is costing them? At any rate, I give a hefty :mfinger: to all spyware creators, and this applies to all those bullshit websites out there that are a sea of pop-up windows. Fuck you for ruining the internet.

Fugly

Tenderony
SO...MUCH.....RAGE...NNNGGGG....HATE SPYWARE....WON'T BE CONTAINED IN SINGLE POST :mad: (much breaking sounds) well I feel a little better. I feel yah.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
AOL sends out this fucking shit as well, with that WildTangent bullshit.

Paul

Tenderony
one i encountered recently on a clients computer.... it would basically change google for instance in the host file to goto their site, then it would only bring up results with their affiliate links..... thus rendering google USELESS to the user

grrrrrrrrrr

stoj

arsehole
Fucking spyware. My friends PC had so much that after a three or four hours of continuously trying to rid it and an attempted exorcism I just had to format the fucker. Thankfully I said goodbye to that shit when I moved to linux but I still have to go and clean up other people's computers when they are too idiotic to install Kazaa Lite or eMule instead of Morpheus or some other piece of shit. Very frustrating.

SpIkEyOaSs

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yea i dont get any of it and all this popup shit. The internet installs stuff on its own for me without me touching anything and it puts icons on my desktop. I recently got a blocker but i still get popups time to time and since i got it about a week ago it says i have deleted 759 popups. thats out of hand i say we sue becauyse its uneeded.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Let's not sue, brings up our tax rates if we do.

magnolia

Postaholic
Even MSN is now allowing so many popups to ruin my homepage. But the good news is that for a small fee, we can order pop up blocker. Stop pop ups before they stop u. :bs: :mad: :mad:

stoj

arsehole
Holy shit SpIkEyOaSs! The internet can't just install shit on your PC, you have to be running something that allows it. And that is one serious security hole dude. Maybe it's some software you've installed or some penisy Internet Explorer extension, you might want to try Firefox or Adaware and make sure your Windows is up to date otherwise I am predicting your box is going to get seriously hacked. Just a heads up...

i really dont get that stuff...

i use mozilla, its from the same people as firefox, but i like it alot better, it stops cookies, popups, and all this other shit, i dont think u should have to pay for getting a popup blocker, (by the way mozilla is free) because its just like paying to get rid of something u werent asked to get. i hope all of those comapnys that have spyware burn in hell, pop ups are resonable cause i can easily just close those, but spyware is such fucking bullshit.

stoj

arsehole
Firefox blocks popups (and ads and cookies if u want it to) as well. I prefer it cause it is just a browser as compared to a browser/irc-client/email-client/newsgroup-reader/operating system ala Mozilla but that's just my personal preference. In anycase either one is a huge step up from IE. :)

Sektor

Particinator
<rage>Arrrgh... I.... FUCKING HATE SPYWARE, I FUCKING HATE VIRUSES AND THE PIMPLY-FACE, PASTY-FACE MOTHERFUCKERS THAT PROGRAM THEM, I FUCKING HATE ADWARE BULLSHIT!!! IT RUINED MY BRAND NEW COMPUTER!!!!!! I SWEAR IF I HAD THE FUCKING CHANCE I'LL BLOW THEIR FUCKING FACES OFF WITH A FUCKING 12-GAUGE!!!!!!!!!!

These people and companies who create this shit should go off and die somewhere. I can't say how many times I've gotten a fucking AOL POP-UP while on a website that allows this bullshit! ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS!!!!!!11!!!</rage>