WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Spyware...

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Does anyone know of a spyware remover that works, ie. dosen't just remove it's own spyware? I have spybot and ad-aware, but I got some nasty spyware that neither decets. Can anyone reccomend a good one?

ferengi

Yay fire!
billybob13 said:
Does anyone know of a spyware remover that works, ie. dosen't just remove it's own spyware? I have spybot and ad-aware, but I got some nasty spyware that neither decets. Can anyone reccomend a good one?
Cough Cough.

Jung

???
Premium
billybob13 said:
If your search doesn't turn up anything, you might want to try HijackThis and CWS Shredder.

Also, this site is an awesome resource for dealing with spyware.

Also, for god sakes, stop using Internet Explorer. Simply using a good browser will prevent 99% of sypware. http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
junglizm said:
Also, for god sakes, stop using Internet Explorer. Simply using a good browser will prevent 99% of sypware.
It doesn't have to be a good browser. It just has to not be IE.

Jung

???
Premium
UberSkippy said:
It doesn't have to be a good browser. It just has to not be IE.
There are only two viable options(on Windows); Opera and Firefox/Mozilla. I'd consider both good browsers.

ferengi

Yay fire!
junglizm said:
There are only two viable options(on Windows); Opera and Firefox/Mozilla. I'd consider both good browsers.
I use Opera. I like it :thumbsup:.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
junglizm said:
Also, for god sakes, stop using Internet Explorer.
I have mozilla 1.7 on this comp. and firefox on the other. I ONLY use IE when I need to use a plugin that dosen't work with firefox.