WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Square and stationary earth ?

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
The earth looks kind of flat doesnt it, why should we not believe what our senses tell us?

Why if you look for miles in either direction at the skyline is their no curviture as there should be if we are on a globe?

Does it seem strange the sun and moon look the same size and even stranger the explanation for this is that the sun is 400 times larger but also 400 times father away so they appear the same size?

How did nasa reach the moon and not be infected by that radiation belt thing?

Why are the suns rays vertical when they should be horizontal?

Is it all a big hoax and if so what is its purpose… to destroy god?

flat-earth-society.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Hug
  • 1LOL
Reactions: dimduk and Rook

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
The earth looks kind of flat doesnt it, why should we not believe what our senses tell us?
What senses? Are you talking about your sense of sight which can indeed detect the curvature or are you talking about your sense of taste which undoubtedly been taxed by your apparent crack use.

Why if you look for miles in either direction at the skyline is their no curviture as there should be if we are on a globe?
Its hard to detect the curvature when you're looking out the dusty window of a crack den. Sit on a boat in the ocean. Curvature everywhere.

Does it seem strange the sun and moon look the same size and even stranger the explanation for this is that the sun is 400 times larger but also 400 times father away so they appear the same size?
Place a volleyball on a table then walk 400 feet away. Now hold up one of your crack rocks. They appear to be the same size...right? Same concept just please don't steal anyone's volleyball.

How did nasa reach the moon and not be infected by that radiation belt thing?
No human has ever stepped foot on the moon. It was all a hoax used as a bullet in the cold war. All the perpetrators were paid actors working in a Hollywood sound stage. With crack.

Why are the suns rays vertical when they should be horizontal?
There are vertical rays and oblique rays. Horizontal rays would imply that YOU are the center of the universe.

Is it all a big hoax and if so what is its purpose… to destroy god?
Yes. Science has discovered jet propulsion, the cure for polio and baby wipes in order to kill God.

You nailed it.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Whats a fucking volleyball?

I know how the sun/moon size works, I havent smoked that much crack, Im just saying its mighty conveniant is it not ?

Yes wasnt it kubrick that landed on the moon ?

uploadfromtaptalk1439577040187.jpg

Okay, thanks MisterFister, always a pleasure!

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: dimduk

ib4

Error
Staff
What senses? Are you talking about your sense of sight which can indeed detect the curvature or are you talking about your sense of taste which undoubtedly been taxed by your apparent crack use.

Its hard to detect the curvature when you're looking out the dusty window of a crack den. Sit on a boat in the ocean. Curvature everywhere.

Place a volleyball on a table then walk 400 feet away. Now hold up one of your crack rocks. They appear to be the same size...right? Same concept just please don't steal anyone's volleyball.

No human has ever stepped foot on the moon. It was all a hoax used as a bullet in the cold war. All the perpetrators were paid actors working in a Hollywood sound stage. With crack.

There are vertical rays and oblique rays. Horizontal rays would imply that YOU are the center of the universe.

Yes. Science has discovered jet propulsion, the cure for polio and baby wipes in order to kill God.

You nailed it.
Pretty sure I cracked a rib laughing.

• 1Like
Reactions: Shanananaaa

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Flat earthers are a valuable addition to my society. The more people I have to laugh at for their stupidity, the better. Add them to chem trailers, fake moon landers and Nibiru believers, I got a whole host of morons to entertain me.

• 1Agree
  • 1LOL
Reactions: dimduk and ib4

Rook

#triggered
Flat earthers are a valuable addition to my society. The more people I have to laugh at for their stupidity, the better. Add them to chem trailers, fake moon landers and Nibiru believers, I got a whole host of morons to entertain me.
Yeah, but can you prove that?

(I got you @TheRover).

His questions are spot-on. You can't prove any of the things you claim. What if the Earth is flat. What if it's all a lie?

Paging motherfuckin' @JLXC . Let's get some real facts in here so the sheeple understand how tight to make the tin foil.

• 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: dimduk and TheRover

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Sit on a boat in the ocean. Curvature everywhere
This got me to thinking about how our eyes can play tricks on us, I wonder myself if I were on a flat surface that stretched as far as my eye could see, might I still see curvature because how does the mind process what it cant see anymore…

Anyway I found this on the interweb which you might find interesting…

"To a flatlander pasted to the surface of the earth, the sky fills exactly 180 degrees. The flatlander cannot tell whether the earth is flat or round.

To a person standing in a ship, on a perfectly smooth sea, with no refraction and eyes 1.5 meters above the surface of the water, the sky fills 180.078 degrees from horizon to horizon.

Is the difference between 180.078 and 180 perceptible?

From an airplane flying at 10,000 meters, if im doing the math correctly, the sky fills 186.4 degrees and the earth only 173.8. Its easy to say "I can see the curvature of the earth" just because you’re way up high though it would be hard to objectively test this"

@Rook thanks so much for your support man, appreciate it m8 ;)

@MaxPower I would have laughed at the idea myself a while ago but try to look critically at it, the video @dimduk posted is a good place to start

My heads all in a spin, Ive decided I dont give a flying fuck if the earth is flat, round, hexagon or boner shaped, its a good earth, it gives plentiful, only a genius could design it.

Last edited:
  • 1LOL

Rook

#triggered
"To a flatlander pasted to the surface of the earth, the sky fills exactly 180 degrees. The flatlander cannot tell whether the earth is flat or round.

To a person standing in a ship, on a perfectly smooth sea, with no refraction and eyes 1.5 meters above the surface of the water, the sky fills 180.078 degrees from horizon to horizon.

Is the difference between 180.078 and 180 perceptible?

From an airplane flying at 10,000 meters, if im doing the math correctly, the sky fills 186.4 degrees and the earth only 173.8. Its easy to say "I can see the curvature of the earth" just because you’re way up high though it would be hard to objectively test this"

@Rook thanks so much for your support man, appreciate it m8 ;)
Don't thank me, it's about time someone started asking the right questions around here.

Basing off from what you said, I think you have a strong argument. More importantly still, is the crack that forms when light hits certain spots of the Earth. This crack can be measured, and the substantial difference lies in the angle at which the crack of light cracks across, which is a direct reference to your point of different angles (cracks) on the ocean vs. the flat surface of the Earth.

You're gonna get a lot of flak for this thread but I'm with you. Nobody has substantial evidence to prove what you're saying to be incorrect.

The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world. This is using what's called an empiricist approach, or an approach that relies on information from your senses. Alternatively, when using Descartes' method of Cartesian doubt to skeptically view the world around us, one quickly finds that the notion of a spherical world is the theory which has the burden of proof and not flat earth theory.

Perhaps the best example of flat earth proof is the Bedford Level Experiment. In short, this was an experiment preformed many times on a six-mile stretch of water that proved the surface of the water to be flat. It did not conform to the curvature of the earth that round earth proponents teach.

Many other experiments demonstrating the lack of curvature in the earth may be found in ''Earth Not a Globe'', by Samuel Rowbotham.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Indeed the Bedford Level Experiment is a good example, Ive also read claims debunking it but all I see is hypothesis and jargon.

• 1Like
Reactions: Rook

ib4

Error
Staff
this...

thread.....

is........

so.........

fucking..........

awesome!!!!!........

yeamotherfuckingrightpleasegokillyourfuckingselfwherearethegoodthreads?

• 1Aww

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Yeah, but can you prove that?
The burden of proof is not on me. It's on the flat earhers. We already know through strong evidence and mathmatics that the earth is spherical. All the flat earthers have is a hypothosis with no convincing evidence to make it a theory.

Rook

#triggered
The burden of proof is not on me. It's on the flat earhers. We already know through strong evidence and mathmatics that the earth is spherical. All the flat earthers have is a hypothosis with no convincing evidence to make it a theory.
Typical response from a sphero.

You spheros and your bullshit science gtfo, this is a news and debate thread. @TheRover did you all the favor of bringing the Truth to your eyes.

TBH, Rover I feel like you should crack right into this full force and explain your theory so that everyone is left speechless.

• 1Agree

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff

TBH, Rover I feel like you should crack right into this full force and explain your theory so that everyone is left speechless.
You're terminology is wrong. You refer to flat earth as a theory. But it's only a hypothosis. Until you can demonstrate through testable methods anxd produce consistent results. It must be substatiated and able to be tested by non bias peers.

Flat earthers have done none of this.

• 2Agree
Reactions: dimduk and gehtfuct