WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Square and stationary earth ?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Flat earthers are a valuable addition to my society. The more people I have to laugh at for their stupidity, the better. Add them to chem trailers, fake moon landers and Nibiru believers, I got a whole host of morons to entertain me.
I'm not sure how anyone who's had spent a minute in physics class could ever wonder if the earth was spherical or flat. I'm not sure how to respond further than that. As far as "chem trails" go, aren't all jet engines today internal combustible engines? Basically a big fan pumping out heat in otherwise very cold air. Your body pumps out BTU's. Cars do too. How come they don't leave "trails?" Rockets leave trails, but I think they burn different fuels like hydrogens and whatnot. Silly, I know. But interesting nonetheless.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'm not sure how anyone who's had spent a minute in physics class could ever wonder if the earth was spherical or flat. I'm not sure how to respond further than that. As far as "chem trails" go, aren't all jet engines today internal combustible engines? Basically a big fan pumping out heat in otherwise very cold air. Your body pumps out BTU's. Cars do too. How come they don't leave "trails?" Rockets leave trails, but I think they burn different fuels like hydrogens and whatnot. Silly, I know. But interesting nonetheless.
Jets leave trails because the air released from the back is compressed and decompresses as ìt leaves the back. It's rich in moisture and there is both a huge temperature, moisture and pressure differential between the jet exhaust and ambient surrounding air. It's really simple science actually. Like 4th grade stuff. But chem trailers still can't understand it.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: dimduk

Rook

#triggered
Jets leave trails because the air released from the back is compressed and decompresses as ìt leaves the back. It's rich in moisture and there is both a huge temperature, moisture and pressure differential between the jet exhaust and ambient surrounding air. It's really simple science actually. Like 4th grade stuff. But chem trailers still can't understand it.
No, no, no.

The trails left by planes put pressure down on the earth so that it's not spherical.

Think about it this way:

If you get a glass of water and you smoke a giant blunt on top of it, and you blow the smoke from your ravaged, stoned lungs on the top of the water, you will undoubtedly increase the surface area pressure on the liquid, right? Even if it's a negligible amount, you can't say that the pressure the atmosphere is exerting on the top of the water isn't increased, by your own device.

On a grander scale, these planes have giant turbines. Think of them as giant exhalers of marijuana smoke.

The surface of the earth is thus, impacted by this Anthrax chem trail. It pushes down on the earth and compresses it into a "disc" shape, which further amplifies the surface area tension on the edges of the earth, creating what we flat-earthers righteously call a "flatonomilizatiology".

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be about this.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
No, no, no.

The trails left by planes put pressure down on the earth so that it's not spherical.

Think about it this way:

If you get a glass of water and you smoke a giant blunt on top of it, and you blow the smoke from your ravaged, stoned lungs on the top of the water, you will undoubtedly increase the surface area pressure on the liquid, right? Even if it's a negligible amount, you can't say that the pressure the atmosphere is exerting on the top of the water isn't increased, by your own device.

On a grander scale, these planes have giant turbines. Think of them as giant exhalers of marijuana smoke.

The surface of the earth is thus, impacted by this Anthrax chem trail. It pushes down on the earth and compresses it into a "disc" shape, which further amplifies the surface area tension on the edges of the earth, creating what we flat-earthers righteously call a "flatonomilizatiology".

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be about this.
Whenever I have a point to make, I'm going to ask you to counter it. Your comments make other's look so valid by comparison.

dimduk

daddy was a drinker
Can't we all just get along?acid_picdump_34 bbbb.jpg

The earth is a sphere, what baffles me is why we are here. The universe and everything in it had to have come from somewhere. Why is it so easy for some to believe in the Big Bang but not in Creation? What was here before the universe, does the universe ever end? What lies beyond the furthest star?
184-get-me-there-88-59082756-sz850x1542-animate.jpg

• 1Agree
Reactions: TheRover

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I know, I heard an old man arguing with a young muslim, when old man was asked why he thought we was here, said "we just are" - seriously if your going to take up a "fiercly nailing the truth" attitude against a devoted muslim, this aint it ffs! I feel sad when elders who are supposed to be a source of wisdom come out with this simpleness, I dont look to age for wisdom anymore, I see the person, It doesnt mean nothing to me on its own merit and I will take this with me into old age!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: dimduk and Fÿn

Rook

#triggered
TBH @TheRover I humored the trolling but next time take your generic, dead-end fuck troll thread to Taters.

I'm surprised the trigger-happy mod didn't hit this thread with some well-deserved euthanasia.

(ILY bro but trolling is not for News&Debate. The mod is high.)

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
TBH @TheRover I humored the trolling but next time take your generic, dead-end fuck troll thread to Taters.

I'm surprised the trigger-happy mod didn't hit this thread with some well-deserved euthanasia.

(ILY bro but trolling is not for News&Debate. The mod is high.)
TBH @Rook I was 99% sure it was bullshit, 1% not sure, I so nearly said it but the 1% didnt want to ruin our new friendship, I just couldnt be sure without tone, thanks, wont trust you ever again.

It did occur to me afterwards that I probably shouldve put this on taters but then thought if mods want to, they will anyway, im so sorry.

EARTH IS FLAT

• 2Hug
Reactions: dimduk and Rook

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
what baffles me is why we are here.
The question that can lead to great happiness or certain madness depending on what answer you choose to believe.

The universe and everything in it had to have come from somewhere.
Quantum tunneling...maybe. I suspect there are probably an infinite number of dimensions leading to an infinite amount of multiverses existing in an infinite amount of nothingness where space-time appears linear but is actually axial.

Why is it so easy for some to believe in the Big Bang but not in Creation?
Probably because a shit ton of evidence exists relating to the big bang while creation myths are just a bunch of contradictory stories from humans terrified of death. If I have a pair of dice and put one die in each hand and make a fist I'm pretty sure you'd "believe" that I had one in my left hand as I opened it and showed you over my right which I kept closed and simply said "trust me, There is one in my right hand too".

What was here before the universe
There was no here.

does the universe ever end?
The fact that the universe appears to accelerating kinda trips me out. I figured it must have been just a big kablammo then it would slow down then eventually coalesce via gravity just to go kablammo again. The accelerating universe kinda takes a big steamy turd on that one so I really have no goddamn idea.

What lies beyond the furthest star?
View attachment 8487
Maybe when you reach the furthest point away from Earth and keep going you start getting closer to Earth like a Mobius Strip. Or maybe this OG Kush is just really really good.

• 1Agree
Reactions: dimduk

dimduk

daddy was a drinker
The question that can lead to great happiness or certain madness depending on what answer you choose to believe.

Quantum tunneling...maybe. I suspect there are probably an infinite number of dimensions leading to an infinite amount of multiverses existing in an infinite amount of nothingness where space-time appears linear but is actually axial.

Probably because a shit ton of evidence exists relating to the big bang while creation myths are just a bunch of contradictory stories from humans terrified of death. If I have a pair of dice and put one die in each hand and make a fist I'm pretty sure you'd "believe" that I had one in my left hand as I opened it and showed you over my right which I kept closed and simply said "trust me, There is one in my right hand too".

There was no here.

The fact that the universe appears to accelerating kinda trips me out. I figured it must have been just a big kablammo then it would slow down then eventually coalesce via gravity just to go kablammo again. The accelerating universe kinda takes a big steamy turd on that one so I really have no goddamn idea.

Maybe when you reach the furthest point away from Earth and keep going you start getting closer to Earth like a Mobius Strip. Or maybe this OG Kush is just really really good.
I appreciate the well thought out responses, I have subscribed to the theory that the universes ends at the surface of my skin. My skin faces in all directions therefore the end/edge of the universe is where my perception of the universe begins. I know I am real, I'm not so sure about everything else. I've had dreams that seemed real and I've had days that seemed anything but. When all is said and done I am here under duress and too chickenshit to pull the plug.
awesome_advice_25.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: TheRover

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Nothing exists until it is perceived. The real question here... is... what is perception?
Interpretation?

I disagree, I know as I'm writing this that the mug of tea to my right exists, even though I cant see it, I know it is there..

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Interpretation?

I disagree, I know as I'm writing this that the mug of tea to my right exists, even though I cant see it, I know it is there..
You believe it exists. And until you look at it... there is no proof that it exists beyond your belief.