WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stargate

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
I dont mean to turn this into how much of a fan i am and to ramble on about how great this show is yada yada yada. i love sg1 though. i was curious if anyone else did. i wasnt a huge fan of the movie, i think that the show did a much better job, i especially love hte shows version of oneil better than the movie. the shows version of jackson is much better too. in the movie he was just too nerdy and clumsy. some things i dont like about sg1 and stargate are the following:

jonas: do i really need ot explain. the man cant act and if anyone was serious about him replacing jackson, especially that late into the show they are nuts. maybe i would have liked the guy if he wasnt the daniel jackson wannabe of the show. and he cant act doesnt help me not liking him

atlantis: does anyone who is a diehard sg1 fan like atlantis? i dont like atlantis, i think the concept is a little corny and dont like the people on it. in my opinion it is like family guy vs. american dad. similarities are numerous, but it didnt improve, in fact it went the other way.

sorry to make myself sound like such an sg1 nerd, i was just curious if anyone else likes the show, i decided to write this thread after the episode that aired tonight.

i thought it was a good one (i think it was from season 3...). i also want to avoid turning into that startrek nerd i met who related star trek to real life, so i won't go into why i liked the episode.

please, comments:

Jung

???
Premium
I was never an SG1 fan, but I like Atlantis a lot.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i cant tell if you're being sarcastic. if you arent, meh, i dont really like atlantis, but some people do i guess (why would it be running otherwise).

Jung

???
Premium
No sarcasm, I just never got into the whole SG1 thing. A friend turned me on to Atlantis, and I like it though...

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
ive never seen atlantis, but I didn't much care for SG1.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I enjoy watching SG-1, but I think I prefer Atlantis over SG-1. It's telling more of a story. A story that's a bit more coherent that seems to be directed better, as it hasn't dragged on for 7 seasons. Most of SG-1 seems to be isolated stories with maybe 1 minute that goes towards telling the bigger picture. Whereas Atlantis nearly everything contributes to the bigger picture. The character development also seems to be better. Perhaps that's because after 7 years, what more character development can you do?

To be honest, neither of them can hold a candle to the new BattleStar Galactica series. The story-line is more involved while hitting deeper philosophical concepts. If they keep the pace and energy up, it will be a better series than even FarScape.

Omg!

As i have said before, Stargate Sg1 is the only thing i used to ever watch on tv, and basically still is to date. I have never liked any other show that was similar to sg1. I know basically everything to do with Sg1, and i know close to 100% to do with Stargate Atlantis. Personally i find Atlantis the better show now for the reason i was getting bored with the dragged on 7 seasons of sg1, and the continuing war with the goa'uld, same weapons, same technologies, and basically same strategies. When i heard of stargate atlantis, i went ballistic. Couldnt wait to see it and such. The whole new scene, new people, new galaxy, the city of the ancients and ancient technologies now in the hands of the atlantis team (the ancients have always been my favourite race in sg1), but best of all, a new Enemy! Fancy little kick in the ass for stargate :thumbsup: After seeing all of season 1, and watching the last two episodes with Atlantis under attack, i cant fucking wait to see the next season! LONG LIVE THE STARGATE !

Regards, The proudest Stargate Nerd alive.