WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Statement by Doubleday Regarding Kitty Kelley

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
NEW YORK, Sept. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a statement by Doubleday regarding Kitty Kelley: In an appearance on the Today Show on Monday, September 13, 2004, Sharon Bush repeated a denial she made earlier last week. After telling Kitty Kelley that she had knowledge of President George W. Bush "doing cocaine" at Camp David -- "not once, but many times," Mrs. Bush now denies that statement.

This denial has already been utterly discredited by a third party to the meeting at which Mrs. Bush made the statements. Doubleday and Kitty Kelley, author of "The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty," firmly uphold the accuracy and veracity of reporting on this topic. Further, Doubleday and Ms. Kelley affirm that Mrs. Bush was read her comments on the day following the meeting in a telephone conversation, lasting over an hour, that was witnessed by Random House Vice President Peter Gethers -- that those comments included her remarks on cocaine use at Camp David -- and that she once again agreed that these comments were true.

The following are undisputable facts:

-- Mrs. Bush confirmed that she was aware of cocaine use by President
George W. Bush at Camp David when his father was President

-- Mrs. Bush confirmed that such usage occurred on more than one occasion

-- Mrs. Bush knew that Ms. Kelley planned on using this information in her
book and was read the exact quotes that would be utilized

-- Mrs. Bush continued to have a good relationship with Kitty Kelley --
long after the meeting in April at which she confirmed the cocaine

-- Mrs. Bush called Ms. Kelley in May, 2004 after which there was a
friendly correspondence.

Additionally, Today Show host Matt Lauer and Mrs. Bush suggested that Kitty Kelley had a "relationship" with Lou Colasuonno, a public relations executive who witnessed the April 1, 2003 lunch meeting between Kitty Kelley and Sharon Bush. Kitty Kelley had never met or spoken with Mr. Colasuonno prior to April 1, 2003. Kitty Kelley has never had and does not have any personal, social or financial relationship with Mr. Colasuonno.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm am just "shocked" about this, how about you?

snort, Snort, SNORT...

tzedek

Original Member
just read about this on yahoo headline reads "Kitty Kelley Dishes on the Bush Family". Seems to me the headline should really read, "Kitty Kelley exposes President's cocaine usage".

Doubleday also notes that while Sharon Bush has criticized Kelley to the press, she has not asked for a retraction or even contacted the publisher.

she describes President Bush (news - web sites) and first lady Laura Bush as being "more demonstrative to their dogs than to each other," or when she writes of former first lady Barbara Bush: "Behind her grandmotherly facade was a pearl-wearing mugger the equal of Ma Barker."

"Kitty Kelley is a discredited purveyor of trash," Bush-Cheney campaign spokesman Steve Schmidt said Monday. "She smeared the Reagan family and now she is peddling garbage about the current first family."

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Blah Blah Blah.. another person against Bush given credibility by the media in hopes that they might break a story or break the Rep campaign... Sharon has stated that she never said it.. so its just a matter of who you believe... none of us really know.. he said she said...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
Blah Blah Blah.. another person against Bush given credibility by the media in hopes that they might break a story or break the Rep campaign... Sharon has stated that she never said it.. so its just a matter of who you believe... none of us really know.. he said she said...
You're right, couldn't possibly be true, I mean, it's not like he has a history of drug use or anything...Oppsie!

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I believe that she is sueing news outlets that decided not to go through with interviews about her book because it seems to be all BS... she has a history of writing books on nothing more then gossip... Today show interview

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
I believe that she is sueing news outlets that decided not to go through with interviews about her book because it seems to be all BS... she has a history of writing books on nothing more then gossip... Today show interview
Sorry, the crap detector is going off, you believe, you haven't read the book, and have no knowledge of it...therefore your belief is NULL and VOID...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
your right I said "I believe" because it was a news blurb that I heard on the radio and didn't remember the source.. therefore I didn't state it as a fact... sounds reasonable...
VOR said:
you believe, you haven't read the book, and have no knowledge
.... After further review of the play the ruling on the field is over turned due to never stating that the book was read... ...I never stated any facts about the book.. ... Belief returned to NonNull and Nonvoid status...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
Just as Bush has a history of Cocaine use. So if you suddenly choose to condemn people on their "history", well, I'm sure you know where I'm going.

Or are we only condemning people who speak negatively of Bush?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MaxPower said:
Just as Bush has a history of Cocaine use. So if you suddenly choose to condemn people on their "history", well, I'm sure you know where I'm going.

Or are we only condemning people who speak negatively of Bush?
DanGeo RE-VOIDED....