WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

States ranked: from smartest ro dumbest

Jung

???
Premium
States ranked: from smartest to dumbest

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/smartstates/smartstates

The dumbest, for the third year in a row, is New Mexico.

These are the findings of the Education State Rankings, a survey by Morgan Quitno Press of hundreds of public school systems in all 50 states. States were graded on a variety of factors based on how they compare to the national average. These included such positive attributes as per-pupil expenditures, public high school graduation rates, average class size, student reading and math proficiency, and pupil-teacher ratios. States received negative points for high drop-out rates and physical violence.

How does YOUR state rank?

1. Massachusetts
2. Connecticut
3. Vermont
4. New Jersey
5. Wisconsin
6. New York
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Pennsylvania
10. Montana
11. Maine
12. Virginia
13. Nebraska
14. New Hampshire
15. Kansas
16. Wyoming
17. Indiana
18. Maryland
19. North Dakota
20. Ohio
21. Colorado
22. South Dakota
23. Rhode Island
24. Illinois
25. North Carolina
26. Missouri
27. Delaware
28. Utah
29. Idaho
30. Washington
31. Michigan
32. South Carolina
33. Texas and West Virginia (tie)
35. Oregon
36. Arkansas
37. Kentucky
38. Georgia
39. Florida
40. Oklahoma
41. Tennessee
42. Hawaii
43. California
44. Alabama
45. Alaska
46. Louisiana
47. Mississippi
48. Arizona
49. Nevada
50. New Mexico
That's kind of interesting if you reference it with www.electoral-vote.com. :cool:

EDIT: yes i know there is a typo, it wouldn't let me change it.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
wow..i'm in ohio #20

but i'm from louisiana...which is down there, lol...but heck i'm still smart, maybe i got lucky...my dad is uber smart in math, so it's not everyone

Jung

???
Premium
Seije said:
i'm from louisiana
Yeah I was dissapointed in that as well, but Louisiana is filled with fucking morons, so it's no wonder.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
#25 NC right in the middle ... walking the tight rope between edjucated and goat farming... :D

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
junglizm said:
Yeah I was dissapointed in that as well, but Louisiana is filled with fucking morons, so it's no wonder.
maybe..but at least i'm not one of them

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Wow.. Maine.. 11th.. Almost top 10.. Hah, I'm smarter than 39 of you!

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Seije said:
wow..i'm in ohio #20

but i'm from louisiana...which is down there, lol...but heck i'm still smart, maybe i got lucky...my dad is uber smart in math, so it's not everyone
Ohio RAWKS!!! lol (especially cleveland) ... maybe LA is ranking so low because the smart folks leave ... :)

breakology

Kiss my Converse
There is humor in the fact that Texas and West Virginia tied. Just goes to show that ignorant redneck fucks are equal, lol. Ironically, I have had addresses in both states *aawww fuck* :p

Jung

???
Premium
Seije said:
maybe..but at least i'm not one of them
I didn't mean to imply that. I live in New Orleans and i would like to think i'm not one of those "morons".

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
breakology said:
Ohio RAWKS!!! lol (especially cleveland) ... maybe LA is ranking so low because the smart folks leave ... :)
hehe..yea that's it..after all i did move from there...but planning to move back in a couple years maybe to be closer to family and relatives...oh and not to mention heat

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Clutchtwice said:
walking the tight rope between edjucated and goat farming... :D
I can guess which way you're going to fall...

I'm dismayed at California's #43. Oh well? I got in the top five in standardized test scores in my school, what else do they want me to do? :thumbsup:

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
NoSubstance said:
I can guess which way you're going to fall...

I'm dismayed at California's #43. Oh well? I got in the top five in standardized test scores in my school, what else do they want me to do? :thumbsup:
Heh?

Did you mean you can guess which way I fell?

lol There's a few people on here whos acne is all cleared up and already finished school and college....

people who are Edjucated :D

There it is again... :thumbsup:

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.