WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Static X - Are you a fan?

Do you WUV Static-X?

• Hells Yeah!

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Fucks no!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Who is Static-X (If you are a metal fan and you check this, that's just sad.)?

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Descent

Hella Constipated
Does anyone here listen to Static X? They are a heavy metal band with an electronic twist to their music, which is very suttle, and enhances the technological mood.

I encourage you to "buy" their "CD," or tune into Chronix Aggression Internet Radio and listen to their work.

EDIT: Shit, can a mod make this public for me? I'm burned out after doing two hours of math work.

Descent said:
Does anyone here listen to Static X? They are a heavy metal band with an electronic twist to their music, which is very suttle, and enhances the technological mood.

I encourage you to "buy" their "CD," or tune into Chronix Aggression Internet Radio and listen to their work.
They are ok, and the electronic twist definitely is not sudtle.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It depends on their song.

Their old music was more suttle, their new style is more electronic.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
I picked "fucks no!" for several reasons:

1) I don't "wuv" anything. Wuv isn't even a word.
2) I own "Wisconsin Death Trap" or whatever the title is, and it is nothing special.
3) Every song sounds exactly the one that precedes it. If I've listened to the first two songs, I've heard the entire album.

Descent said:
Not true...

Shadow Zone was extremely dynamic.
No, most of Shadow Zone was exactly the same... some difference, yet the same, and yes I do own it.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
hmm... well heres a news blurb from today... Static X guitarist
Salvador, who joined the band Static-X in 2001, goes by the stage name Tripp Eisen.
Authorities said he met the Sayreville girl over the Internet and told her he liked to impersonate the guitarist for the heavy-metal band they both followed, Static-X. Salvador allegedly began exchanging e-mails with the girl in October.

Easty

Click click boom
some of it, dont listen to a lot though. what ive heard is great though. especially cold from the queen of the damned soundtrack

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Damn right, my first hotmail account was static_xboy

...Their newer shit is becoming more and more "radio" but i still enjoy listening to them.

Repetition and all the songs sounding the same are just something you get used to with music. Bands have a certain style that they play in. As long as it's not literally the same song every time(unless it's funny like Anal Cunt), then it's not that big a deal.

This is just my two cents though...

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Descent said:

EDIT: Shit, can a mod make this public for me? I'm burned out after doing two hours of math work.
I was till the last album! They remind me of a happy Slipknot! So I guess that means they suck!