WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Statistics can fuck off.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Inferential statistics, alpha, sigma, std dev and motherfucking frequency ratios can die and burn in hell.

That about all I have to say.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
gurlgonewild said:
agreed :thumbsup:
stat I dg?
yah i did that.

It feels like an evil being from the netherworld is forcing a long scepter inlaid with odd ancient latin/greek runic symbols through my brain, burning thier image into my mind with no sense of purpose or reality.

Welcome to my hell.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
dustinzgirl said:
Inferential statistics, alpha, sigma, std dev and motherfucking frequency ratios can die and burn in hell.

That about all I have to say.
statistics have always been proved wrong, they said Gdubya wouldnt get back into office even though it was john kerry as his opposition.......jesus neilsens has gone pearshaped over the last 6 years.....

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
YUCK FOU!!! said:
statistics have always been proved wrong, they said Gdubya wouldnt get back into office even though it was john kerry as his opposition.......jesus neilsens has gone pearshaped over the last 6 years.....
No, statistics can neither be proved right or wrong. They're just numbers. How you use them is what counts.

In both examples, the wrong stats are being used.

Then again I did have a stats professor use statistical analysis to prove that 2+2=5 in sufficient quantities of 2.

Stats are FUN! YAY for STATS! YAY!!!!!

breakology

Kiss my Converse
gurlgonewild said:
dude, that's just not right. f'n sexism!
LOL ... you know it all goes back to sex right? Since men are more visually stimulated, we have the uncanny knack for better 3-dimensional thinking (it's so we can imagine nekkid females, then rotate them and manipulate them into different postions in our mind) maybe if you ladies practice that sort of thing it would help. :p

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
stats suck! I wish that 99% of them were gone and about 90% of them are wrong anyway.