WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

step-dads suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovesmetallica

freaking sweeet
so, this might sound really stupid to some, but too bad. i HATE when people eat food with their fingers. i can't even eat a piece of pizza with my fingers. so. my family and i are eating dinner tonight, and my stepdad knows i dispise eating with fingers. i esspecially hate picking food off the serving plate. and what does he go and do??? both!!! it earks the nerve....most people don't think of it as a big deal, and i don't know why i do, it just bugs me more than anything...i'm big on table manners. and i really shouldn't be...thank god i'm moving accross the country in four weeks. then i won't have to deal with him.

and thats not the only thing he does. if i'm talking to my mom about something, and he just happens to walk into the room, he's always asking what we were talking about. and when my mom or i say "nothing", he gets all pissed off because we don't want to tell him! did it ever hit him that maybe, just maybe, it was a conversation between my mom and myself, and he wasn't invited?! goddamn! that makes me mad.

stepdads suck!

I totally f-in agree

omfg i f-in hate my step dad :sword: ..like before my mom lived with him...i never got in trouble and i could do basically anything i wanted...no i cant do shit w/o getting a 3rd degree and 99% of the time they say no...that is just effin wrong ...and then like im iming or something and hes sitting there looking over my shoulder and then if theres lke someone talking to me like 2 years older than me hell be like: delete them theyre too old im like hell no and then i get grounded for a month wtf??omg i just gaaaah! im gonna explode!!!!!! :bomb: :mad: :mad:

MetalHead

Clitpickle
Gyah, you're pissed because he eats with his fingers and is curious about your conversations. Grow up. There are plenty of threads on here with people bitching about their parents but this one takes the cake. Eating with his fingers is the least of the things he could do to upset you. :thumbsdn:

i eat with my fingers all the time. back in the day (of cavemen) do you think they had forks....?

but i have noticed a trend. why is it that all step-dads/moms are always assholes?

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Step parrents can really suck. I remember the only time i likes my step dad was when he wasn't home, or when i wasn't home. before my mom remarried, there was me and my sister, im the old one. After they married there was 7 of us. He allways seemed to punish me and my sister more than his kids. 7 years later i when to rip him a new one about the way he treated me and my sister as we had good grades, stayed out of trobble and stuff like that. however of his kids 4 dropped out of highschool, 2 haven't been arrested( list goes on but im not going in to it) and i was tired of it. he said "i disaplin you and your sister more cause i know your decent human beeings and i dont want you turning out like my kids." Not all step parents are the same, and most are refered to as evil, but keep in mind that if your real parrent had to chose betwine you and them, them is gone. for what it's worth, he's not so bad now that i live 1000 miles away from home.

Slacker

Postaholic
dull_bullet said:
but i have noticed a trend. why is it that all step-dads/moms are always assholes?
That is so fuckin true. I have never seen a step-dad/mom that wasn't an asshole. When i was younger my step-mom got drunk on wine and shit and she is was total ass to me.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
you sound like you have OCD :thumbsup:

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
lovesmetalica said:

Get a job, then rent a apartment. And poof, no parents, ohh wait your not old enough, you basically live off your parents!

PoisonIvy

I hate plants!!
Linksy said:
That is so fuckin true. I have never seen a step-dad/mom that wasn't an asshole.
Very true. It seems all step parents are assholes.
My step-mom is just a slut. I swear she's doing tricks down the local bar. But I could just think that cos she's one of those really annoying bimbos. You know the type - the ones that are all silicone and no brains. I just wanna shoot her and put her out of my misery.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
lovesmetallica said:
so, this might sound really stupid to some, but too bad. i HATE when people eat food with their fingers. i can't even eat a piece of pizza with my fingers. so. my family and i are eating dinner tonight, and my stepdad knows i dispise eating with fingers. i esspecially hate picking food off the serving plate. and what does he go and do??? both!!! it earks the nerve....most people don't think of it as a big deal, and i don't know why i do, it just bugs me more than anything...i'm big on table manners. and i really shouldn't be...thank god i'm moving accross the country in four weeks. then i won't have to deal with him.

and thats not the only thing he does. if i'm talking to my mom about something, and he just happens to walk into the room, he's always asking what we were talking about. and when my mom or i say "nothing", he gets all pissed off because we don't want to tell him! did it ever hit him that maybe, just maybe, it was a conversation between my mom and myself, and he wasn't invited?! goddamn! that makes me mad.

stepdads suck!
That is a bummer about he fingers in the food thing. Although it's not a huge deal it is to you and if he knows that, then it's just rude of him to do that. Using a fork is not a big deal either and he should try to use it since finger picking is bothering you so much. My family was big on manners too and fingers dont' belong in food in my family either. Once I moved out on my own, I ate however I pleased since no one was ever going to be in my food. Now that I'm not alone anymore, I use the fork again to pick at the food and not my fingers. I do eat pizza though with fingers as well as chicken wings, artichoke leaves (not the hearts. I eat that with a fork), hamburgers, hotdogs, along with baby back ribs. I learned to eat them that way but otherwise, no hands in my food.

I happen to have a good relationship with my step-dad. He's always been nice to me but there are a few annoying habits he has that aren't always his fault. He tends to interrupt me to talk to my mother. He's deaf in one ear so I don't get all that upset but atleast look around the table to see if anyone is talking! That might help. My mother won't always let him know I'm talking either so whatever I was talking about, important or not, just gets shoved asside and that used to really upset me...made me feel unimportant and ignored. That is more my mother's issue but because he kept doing it and my mother let him, it started to feel like he wasn't trying to be polite. Besides that, nothing really got to me about him. I guess I'm just lucky.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well let's all hope some of you get to experience being the step-parent one day.

The kids (i.e. YOU) always assume you're an asshole. You try to talk to them and you're "Prying". You try to get involved and you're "Interfering". You do nearly anything, bending over backwards to get to know these annoying shits, and they hate you for it. You're not the "real" parent, so you're the enemy. You tell them what to do, anything, something like "Don't stay out all night because it really upset your mother" and they scream at you that you're not their parent and can't boss them. All in all, many kids are fucking losers who don't deserve to have step parents who care, but the step parents can try.

Sure there are some assholes and bitches who suck as step parents, duh. But even many of them that could be cool get shot down by constant abuse from the kids of the person they are in love with.

My step dad was the best influence in my life, even over my mother. If you never give them a chance, you'll never find out. Really give them a chance, in your heart. They could be assholes for real with no hope, many people are, just make sure you're not one of them.

Kids seem to think their single parent should be alone for life. It's so fucking easy to be judgemental.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
JLXC said:
Well let's all hope some of you get to experience being the step-parent one day.

The kids (i.e. YOU) always assume you're an asshole. You try to talk to them and you're "Prying". You try to get involved and you're "Interfering". You do nearly anything, bending over backwards to get to know these annoying shits, and they hate you for it. You're not the "real" parent, so you're the enemy. You tell them what to do, anything, something like "Don't stay out all night because it really upset your mother" and they scream at you that you're not their parent and can't boss them. All in all, many kids are fucking losers who don't deserve to have step parents who care, but the step parents can try...

this is true, but it works both ways. As a kid, you get used to who is your parrent. you know what you'll get away with, and you know what you'll get grounded for. Then there's this new person and they always make changes. I think this is a good life leson about change of athority. Things never stay the same after athority changes, for better or worse it always changes. It happened to me at 8 so i do know what all this is about. As for the step parent they have to be kinda of an ass, cause now they are helping to raise this kid. They cant be a friend cause they will need to lay down rules and enforce them. and doing so often leads to changes witch is not what the kid is used to. My step dad was an ass, this i have proof of. But im still alive, so he couldn't have been that bad. The problem, i feel is some times the kids or the step parents, or both have become so complacent about" how things were" they forget that there has been a change. My advice is the same for every one that ive talked to about step parents, make a list of the things you thing are good about them, and every time they pull one of there bs rules, remember that list. It's not great advice but it does help sometimes.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
When my mother remarried, there was an unspoken rule that works very well that I think most if not all step parents should follow. Dont' try to replace the missing parent. It's not your place to do that. You can guide, you can talk and be friendly but no step parent has the right to be expected to discipline their new spouse's kids. My mother wont' discipline my step dad's kids because he raised them his way and to change that would be confusing. He won't discipline me or my brother if there was a time it was needed because both of us are our own mother's responcibility. He will talk to us and try to be friends. If we call him Dad it's a privaledge but not expected. I will occasionally call his kids my brothers, which again is a privaledge and a nice thing to do on my part. I have accepted my step father as part of the family and someone my mother loves. He's not my father and nor does he expect to be. That's why there is a good relationship between both of our families, no one tries to over step their boundaries and none of the parents try to discipline each other's kids. That way, neither become asses and everyone has a place in the family tree.

lovesmetallica

freaking sweeet
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
Get a job, then rent a apartment. And poof, no parents, ohh wait your not old enough, you basically live off your parents!
dude...sorry but um...i pay rent($350 a month) to stay at my house. that was my step dads rule when i turned 18. i buy my own food, make my own meals...buy everything i need myself. pay for insurance myself. i am NOT living off my parents. so fuck you for saying that. and wait...yeah i am getting an apartment, with my soon-to-be-husband as far away from the state i am in as possible. don't judge me just because i was pissed and wrote some stupid fucking rant about somebody who i've had issues with since the age of 7 and who told me the only reason i couldn't move in with my real dad back in ny was because he needed the child support money and that he and my mom didn't love me anyways. i'm sorry. i must be outside my mind. oh yeah, one more thing...i work two jobs during the school year and three over the summer. i think that qualifies for having a job...becuase like everything else, i'm putting myself through college. one more thing...is your life really that fucking fantastic? i don't think so, but i can't say, its just a guess.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Just let me roll up on some pork ribs, fried chicken, beignets, or po-boyz. You know what these and many only delectible yum-yums have in common? You enjoy them with your hands.

Fuck

Hoodrat
It IS a trend...everyone i know that has a step-parent HATES them....i hated my step mom(so did everyone in my familiy) then my dad got rid of her ass 8 years later THANK GOD....now i have to deal with my step dad always telling on me. Dont want to sound like a 4 year old but YES everytime he asks me to download him something on my mums comp then he goes and says OMFG HES DOWNLOADING SOMETHING AGAIN....i mean wtf.? Its hard to understand were your coming from because i dont think i would get mad at someone for eating with there fingers(nither wuld most people =\) but thats your little itchy thing :S one question..u SURE he did it on purpose..like did he know you hate it?
Another thing about the conversation thing...hes not curious there paranoid...at least my step-mom was that way (thankfully my step dad doesnt butt in on conversations).

i cant complain about my step dad. although i relize that he actually doesn't dicipline me at all. i see him punish and argue with his kids but never(well rarely) does he conflict with my mom's children.

I get annoyed over table manners aswell; hands are a bit gross but its bearable... what i really hate is noisey eaters who breath out of their mouths talk while eating and prod food into their spoons with their disguisting fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaahhhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :gun: :redface: :redface: :sword:

yeah thats my discusting 28 year old lazy ass of a brother.

ddrslaya

divine slayer
hmm

lovesmetallica said:

stepdads suck!
sorry im low on time to read all the other godforsaken posts in here so im gonna say this... yes they do i thinks ur is a lil better than mine tho but i wish u all the luck =)

blk990

Serial Killer
Please don't post in threads that were closed **checks calendar** a month ago... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.