WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stephen King's Dark Tower

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well now, after reading this series for near most of my life, it has come to the end. An end I will say left me in tears, in fact I was in tears through most of the last tale. And now that the story is done, I am left with this, ACHE. How strange that a book, which was nothing more than words written on paper, words I first picked up at the local county library after a track meet in fifth or sixth grade....words that are nothing more than the strangest string of unimaginable pictures, amen, may it do ya fine.
Dark Tower was an addiction for me, as much as it were for the writer, and the characters inside it. Characters who had a life of thier own, in some world, of this I am sure. Is that odd? I mean, as much as I love Narnia and Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realms, Koontz, Wheel of Time, ect....no book that has laid in my hands has also so well rooted itself in my heart. So now where, I ask, and would ask Sai King were he here to hear me, Now where does my imagination have to roam, with no gunslinger to lead it, no Mid-World to feed it, and no Beam to stay it on the path?
You may think I am an odd one, for feeling such about a book, for surely my man does. Ah, but what do you mortals know anyways? Near upon twenty years of my life, from The Gunslinger to its final end, The Dark Tower, and now I wait for another tale to grip me such as this, and become so much a part of my inner self, the self a few of you have seen on fewer occasions....
Hile, Gunslinger.
/end

It was the perfect ending though wasn't it? Like, I spent the whole book wondering how it could end without leaving me disappointed and that was just perfect...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Tattooedchick said:
It was the perfect ending though wasn't it? Like, I spent the whole book wondering how it could end without leaving me disappointed and that was just perfect...
It was perfect....but dont give it away, some ppl havent finished it yet! Although, I am sure that it is one of those endings people either LOVED (like I did) or HATED.