WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stereo Reciever

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm looking for a new reciever for my PC, because I stream my audio out of two Paradigm Atoms. I currently have a Pioneer VSX-D307 5.1 surround reciever that I am not too fond of.

I was thinking either a Rotel or an NAD. If there are any better brands out there, please let me know!

I would like something with no crosstalk, perfect, uncolored audio, and not a bunch of crappy DSP modes. I want something basic that will give me good audio for under $600.

I plan to buy it the summer of next year.

Jung

???
Premium
If you're just looking for a stereo receiver, I'd suggest the Denon DRA-685. This is what I have hooked up to my main computer and laptop dock. It has great sound clarity and definition. I think this would be a great compliment to your Santa Cruz card. I can't speak much about the speakers though, as I use M-Audio BX8s With the SBX Sub. These are the receiver and monitor that I use to do all of my Djing and music production on. I'm completely satisfied with the audio quality of this combination, although I'm sure you'd receive a good quality with any decent set of speakers/monitors.

If you're looking for a "Home Therater" or surround sound receiver, I'd suggest the Sony STR-DE997. I've never used this model, but a friend of mine owns it and assures me that it's amazing. I own the Sony ES STR-DA2000ES which adds a few more features. Unfortunately it's only slightly out of your price range.

edit: I wouldn't suggest buying from Crutchfield, as their overpriced. I usually use them as a refrence though.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Sweet!

Does this Denon have shitloads of Crosstalk like the ones my father has had? He has a Denon from 1992 that is mostly okay.

Jung

???
Premium
No, that recieve is great. Imo it performs better than my best friends and his cost twice as much. He opted to buy a low end pro receiver, over a high end consumer one. Like I said, I'm completely happy with that purchase. If you own powered monitors/speakers, it'll make it even better. A lot of people over look Denon as a lesser known brand, but they make quality electronics.