WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stereo System

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, Currently I have a Sony Xplod SDX-S2000 52x4 Detachable cd deck, Four 5.25 (5 1/4) Rockford fosgate Power speakers. I was thinking after I buy the amp kit, to buy a Kenwood 2-Chan 800 Watt amp, and two 12" Rockford Fosgate punch subwoofers, any ideas on the amp/subwoofers?

Jung

???
Premium
For subs:Either Eclipse or Cerwin Vegas. Both are top notch imo.
For amp: Phoenix Gold or Kicker.

ninja edit: Pioneer Premiers are nice too.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah, but i'm not going to pay 200 bucks for a subwoofer, I was thinking something along the lines of 120-160 at the most for 1 subwoofer.
And the amp, I'm not going over 250+ dollars.

Tagmatic

Banned - What an Asshat!
I have a bangin ass Aiwa and a Sony they are both sick as hell and could blow anything out of the water

Jung

???
Premium
Lol @ Aiwa and blow anything out the water. :cool:

Tagmatic

Banned - What an Asshat!
My Aiwa has more wattage in one speaker than is in your entire system

Jung

???
Premium
Tagmatic said:
My Aiwa has more wattage in one speaker than is in your entire system
Do you even know what you're talking about? Both those brands are utter garbage for car audio. Sony speakers can't handle anything, they blow out way too easy. I aslo doubt they'd "blow anything out the water", as you said.

My entire system, save for the head unit, is Phoenix Gold. I have two 12" Xeons (500W rms) running off a Titanium amp (1250W at 4 ohm.) :thumbsup:

Btw, I was just messing with you before. :cool:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Do you even know what you're talking about? Both those brands are utter garbage for car audio. Sony speakers can't handle anything, they blow out way too easy.
Thats for damn sure, my friend went through like 2 pairs of sony explod 12" subwoofers in 4months. Their weak as fuck.
junglizm said:
I aslo doubt they'd "blow anything out the water", as you said.
If you want some serious bass and some serious power, go with the RF Stage3 punch subwoofer $649 a pair for 2 subs. :thumbsup:
junglizm said:
My entire system, save for the head unit, is Phoenix Gold. I have two 12" Xeons (500W rms) running off a Titanium amp (1250W at 4 ohm.) :thumbsup:

Btw, I was just messing with you before. :cool:
Anyhow, I already got my sony deck, new rf power 5.25 and 6.5 speakers, now I was thinking either a Kenwood 800/1000 watt amp, or a Rockford Fosgate 1200 watt amp. Hmm.. Choices. :thumbsup:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
Rockford = :thumbsdn:
Then what do you suggest? I heard sony amps suck, kenwood are decent, rockford are pretty good. MTX amps we don't have around here and shit.

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
Thats for damn sure, my friend went through like 2 pairs of sony explod 12" subwoofers in 4months. Their weak as fuck.
Exactly! They're accurately named though, they really do explode.
Smoke said:
If you want some serious bass and some serious power, go with the RF Stage3 punch subwoofer $649 a pair for 2 subs.
You're not in the know about Phoenix Gold are you? ;)
Smoke said:
Anyhow, I already got my sony deck, new rf power 5.25 and 6.5 speakers, now I was thinking either a Kenwood 800/1000 watt amp, or a Rockford Fosgate 1200 watt amp. Hmm.. Choices. :thumbsup:
Fosgate amps aren't really that great, unless you're spending the money for a 8000 series, or better. A friend of mine just put a Power T15002 in his truck. I still like my amp better, but that thing puts out some serious power.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
You're not in the know about Phoenix Gold are you? ;)
Read what you said, but anyhow, I've never heard of those kind of amps, and I don't think theres any store around here that carries those kind.
junglizm said:
Fosgate amps aren't really that great, unless you're spending the money for a 8000 series, or better. A friend of mine just put a Power T15002 in his truck. I still like my amp better, but that thing puts out some serious power.
Thats over 1000 bucks for an amp, fuck that lol.
I think I'll go with a kenwood 1000watt. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
Read what you said, but anyhow, I've never heard of those kind of amps, and I don't think theres any store around here that carries those kind.
You're never heard anyone say "in the know?"

Phoenix Gold will beat out pretty much anything out there; their products win competition after competition. They cost a bit more, but they're definately the best. Eclipse subs are pretty good as well.

tzedek

Original Member
jl is shit too. get some kicker stuff. thats all i ever use kicker or mtx.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yes, this thread really helps me on my decision, not. :thumbsdn:

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Phoenix Gold amp and some JL Audio subs (get the factory enclosures if you can afford it). Lots of $$$ but good quality sound

Tagmatic

Banned - What an Asshat!
I guess i dont know what i was talking about .... I didnt know we were talking about car stereos...SORRY