WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Stereo Types

Why do people always have to judge other people? Does it make them feel better or is it their way of catagorizing people so they can say they're better than them? Well don't judge me like a book because humans can't be read like books. By judgeing people or criticizing them it just shows what kind of person you are. But if you are constructivly criticizing thats okay because it shows that you can understand where people come from and it helps them to do better at what they are not so good at and it helps them to expand their horizons. So when you respond don't critisize me for my writing help me to make it better cause I'm writing a book and I have a couple of publishers interested but I want my book to be good. I am open to any suggestions you may have for me from one writer to another to make it so people will want to read it and understand where I'm coming from. Please be open minded and don't Stereo Type people into catagories.

Jung

???
Premium
Aren't you stereotyping those who criticize?

... some people are just cynical.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
The Enlightener said:
So when you respond don't critisize me for my writing help me to make it better cause I'm writing a book and I have a couple of publishers interested but I want my book to be good. I am open to any suggestions you may have for me from one writer to another to make it so people will want to read it and understand where I'm coming from.
Assuming we do help you; what would be our cut on the royalties from your book?
Just For_Starters, I get 15% of projected sales up front plus, I'll need 2% of the back end after it goes on the shelf. Now, that being ironed out, what can I do for you?

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Here are some observations of mine about catagorizing people. I catagorize and stereo type people all of the time. I think a lot of people do. For me, it is a useful tool for understanding other people. I can't speak for everyone else, but here's my typical catagorization process. Throughout my life, I've learned things about people, persons and their natures. Persons often fit into several people groups. Groups have properties, attributes or descriptions which are shared by members of that group. Being mindfull of a person's group membershipships allows me to act in ways appropriate to that person's attributes.
e.g.: I know a person, I'll call him Bob, who is Jewish. Bob is coming over to visit. I'm going to make yum-yums for us to enjoy. Because of my catagorization of Bob as being Jewish, I restrict my yum-yum preparation to exclude sausage. It's a stereo-type on my part to assume Bob doesn't want to eat a pork product because he's Jewish, but I don't think he would mind.
e.g: A guy openning a door for someone else, because she is girl. It's what some folks call be a gentlemen. However, it is also an a form of stereo-typing. The guy assumes this person will appreciate the door being openned, because she is a women and he assumes women value chivalry.

In my opinion, anytime one person makes an inference about another person based on knowledge of the person, it is a stereo-type. It's not always a bad thing, it's often considered good manners.
Of course, there are many examples of stereo-typing that are not well received. I think that is what you are talking about. Vehical profiling, racial discrimination, or mistreatment of others based on partial knowledge of them without knowing all of the facts.

I say stereo-typing to at least a small dgree cannot be avoided. Consider the alternative: if no one would draw any preliminary[\I] conclusions about anyone else, then there would be no stereo-typing, but there would also be no way for a person to build a foundation of knowledge about another person.

In a nutshell I thing steroe-typing is part of our reasonning process, but the problem is when someone confuses propablistic clues they provide with solid fact.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Are we talking about Pioneer sound systems or stereotypes? I´m soooooo lost.

I really like the way that you think. It sounds like you understand more than other people when they read stuff and thanks alot.

HunterXI

Ranting Liberal
junglizm said:
Aren't you stereotyping those who criticize?

... some people are just cynical.
Aren't you Stereotyping a person who is possibly stereotyping Stereotypers? ;)

Saying bad things about stereotypers is moot. The cycle of stereotyping never stops.

Jung

???
Premium
HunterXI said:
Aren't you Stereotyping a person who is possibly stereotyping Stereotypers? ;)

Saying bad things about stereotypers is moot. The cycle of stereotyping never stops.
Touche'

I was just commenting on his style of posting (from observation of previous threads), but you're correct on both points.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
The Enlightener said:
Why do people always have to judge other people? Does it make them feel better or is it their way of catagorizing people so they can say they're better than them? Well don't judge me like a book because humans can't be read like books. By judgeing people or criticizing them it just shows what kind of person you are. But if you are constructivly criticizing thats okay because it shows that you can understand where people come from and it helps them to do better at what they are not so good at and it helps them to expand their horizons. So when you respond don't critisize me for my writing help me to make it better cause I'm writing a book and I have a couple of publishers interested but I want my book to be good. I am open to any suggestions you may have for me from one writer to another to make it so people will want to read it and understand where I'm coming from. Please be open minded and don't Stereo Type people into catagories.
damnit *grimaces*
change your name! itis misleading.
this is grade school shit, really.

System of a Down - Ciagro ... Rules <Kevin>

:gun: barry your writing a book...thats kewl well as you know im already failing english lol so i can't help ya with that...but i completely understand were your coming from. Society is full of fucking bitches who then they know you by your looks. So whatever...like Joyce everyone says they wouldn't date her because of how she acts and well fuck i'll admit that i'd fuck the shit out of her lol, well barry don't really know what to say but, only stoners understand how society works cuz they get it the worst
:cool: Kevin

Jung

???
Premium
Ciagro said:
, only stoners understand how society works cuz they get it the worst
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edit:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
There was this kid in HS that everyone called a nerd because he had mad grades. Now he's in university studying programmation or something and he makes 40,000$ a year with his "part-time" job and has a hot gf. The bullies that used to make fun of him did not finish HS and work for 8$ an hour at canadian tire.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
barry your writing a book...thats kewl well as you know im already failing english lol so i can't help ya with that...but i completely understand were your coming from. Society is full of fucking bitches who then they know you by your looks. So whatever...like Joyce everyone says they wouldn't date her because of how she acts and well fuck i'll admit that i'd fuck the shit out of her lol, well barry don't really know what to say but, only stoners understand how society works cuz they get it the worst

kewl? who the fuck is joyce and what 7th grade algebra class are you not studying for right now?

Where are all those sinister comments that everyone was throwing around when they started the cock farm? So far the only person in there is like descent or some shit....the cock farm's gone limp....pussies.

Every person streotypes other people. there is no way to stop people from judging othere on what they have or do or how hot they are. there is a way to slow the judging step i mean if ur a rapist once ur a rapist always even if u have changed from it and no longer do it. Once a stoner u a stoner. that is the way it is set but that is the way the people have there minds set. And well we can change the mind set of people we just have to open it up. Teach people to look past what a person seems to be and then try to understand what exactly the are. then would make society as a whole a easy place to be for every one. But i have to say if we as a society try to do this it is goin to be harder then it is

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
ok all this steriotyping about steriotyping people got me all lost and confused.....can somebody hold me?

bigck3000 said:
kewl? who the fuck is joyce and what 7th grade algebra class are you not studying for right now?

Where are all those sinister comments that everyone was throwing around when they started the cock farm? So far the only person in there is like descent or some shit....the cock farm's gone limp....pussies.

Shit mother fucker....Joyce is a bitch in like 9th or 10th grade but other than that wtf are you talking about?