WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Steve Jobs only receives $1 annual salary

Jung

???
Premium
http://finance.lycos.com/qc/news/story.aspx?story=45888426
SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) -- Steve Jobs, co-founder and CEO of Apple Computer Inc., was the highest-paid executive in the San Francisco Bay area in 2003, according to a new study.

Jobs received a salary of only $1 in 2003, but he traded in almost all of his stock options for $74.8 million in restricted stock, according to an analysis of 400 publicly traded companies in the Bay Area by San Mateo-based Equilar, which tracks executive compensation.

Other Bay Area CEOs in the top five included John Chambers of Cisco Systems Inc. ($47.7 million), Meg Whitman of eBay Inc. ($42.6 million), Stephen Bennett of Intuit Inc. ($29.9 million ) and Craig Conway, formerly of PeopleSoft Inc. ($26.9 million).

The figures include salaries, bonuses, restricted stock, stock options and other compensation, but the value of stock options could change based on the stock's worth.

Genentech and eBay each had five executives in the top 100, while Oracle, Gilead Sciences, PeopleSoft and Veritas Software each had four.

The list of best-paid executives for 2004 is not available because most companies will not report compensation information until next year.
I read somewhere that cecently he said anyone who wants his house can take it, provided they can pay for moving it to a new location.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
i didnt know cisco could afford to pay that kind of money, i thought they were struggling financially.

Jung

???
Premium
Where did you hear that? As far as I know, Cisco is doing fine, and rightly so; they're an integral part of almost every computer network in the world.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
not sure, it was probably about 2 or 3 years ago once the tech sector crashed, and i used to follow tech companies closer than i do now, and my memory is awful foggy sometimes. Where am i?

Liquid-Zero

Assassain Wumpus Hunter
WE ALL KNOW THAT. Apple made an offer to Steve Jobs. They offered him millions of stock options in return for him being their permanent C.E.O. He gets $1 a year because of legal obligations.

Jung

???
Premium
Liquid-Zero said:
WE ALL KNOW THAT.
Do you really know that for sure?
Liquid-Zero said:
Apple made an offer to Steve Jobs. They offered him millions of stock options in return for him being their permanent C.E.O. He gets $1 a year because of legal obligations.
Yeah the legal obligation is quite obvious, but Steve chose the $1 a year deal. He also refused to be called "CEO" for a while, and was more or less just the guy that people listened to back when Apple was CEO-less. (and about to go bankrupt)

Let's not forget the amount of money he makes from Pixar as well.

Liquid-Zero

Assassain Wumpus Hunter
Liquid-Zero said:
WE ALL KNOW THAT. Apple made an offer to Steve Jobs. They offered him millions of stock options in return for him being their permanent C.E.O. He gets $1 a year because of legal obligations.
Yes, and I get bad rep for the post I made... I'm quoting it...

Jung

???
Premium
Liquid-Zero said:
Yes, and I get bad rep for the post I made... I'm quoting it...
Maybe because you post useless, ignorant shit. :thumbsdn:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah, I saw this in the Guiness book of world records. Interesting stuff.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
junglizm said:
I read somewhere that cecently he said anyone who wants his house can take it, provided they can pay for moving it to a new location.
jung always finds these interesting little things somewhere. can you look into that house thing and let us know if its true or if anyone took him up on his offer, PLEASE?

cause that shit would be friggin hilarious if so.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
A $1 salary is interesting. He seems like a pretty cool guy, although I know nothing.

Shrug.

Tiejaz

Owner of n00bZ
Icarus said:
A $1 salary is interesting. He seems like a pretty cool guy, although I know nothing.

Shrug.
He aint. He spawned MAC. one mouse button. they don't even run most of their servers on mac. that's just sad.

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, I just posted that link. What's your point? All those servers are running a Mac OS.

OMG, they use some *NIX servers on their international sites, oh no. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure that IBM runs some as well, those OSes are pretty much industry standard.

I guess you aren't aware that Linux and a lot of UNIX distributions can run on the PPC platform.