WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stop Errors - IRQ

Descent

Hella Constipated
I keep stop errors for:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO

This has been going on since I got my old motherboard, and Google is not helping me. It firty started with my Belkin WiFi drivers, and now my Sound Blaster 128 drivers are giving me shit. I'm going to try downgrading, and see if that helps.

The motherboard is an ASRock K7S8XE+, with the SiS 748 chipset.

Don't even bother asking me to turn off "PNP OS Installed" in my BIOS, because I don't have it :( .

DropAcid

Banned - What an Asshat!
You are on the right track. The message usually is a driver, but it could be anything loading into the start-up. There's a site out there that has all the stop codes and what they mean. You know the 0x00000 .

Descent

Hella Constipated
Thanks, but since this motherboard will only be used off and on for LAN parties and such in a week or two, I'm just going to let this sit and rot.

It only happens once in a blue moon, so I could care less.