WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Student loans and this country's health care system are crap

Jung

???
Premium
Without any recent experience in Computer Science, getting a job in the field can be very difficult. Most employers will not even look at you if do not have at least five years of experience using some specific software / programming language or combination thereof. There are very few entry level positions to be had. (The only ones I ever see are for government agencies.) Employers do not want to take the risk of training someone only to have that person jump ship to a higher paying job. What employers want is to get already employed people to jump ship and come to their company. So if you do not have lots of experience, then you have better have good connections. It should also be noted that hundreds of thousands of Computer Science type jobs are outsourced to overseas job markets where the cost of living is lower than in the United States and employees are happy to work for less.
:bomb:
This is all pretty much true of any field, but especially tech or analytical fields where tools and methods change at a rapid pace.

Don't pay attention to the requirements in job ads. They're written by HR idiots hoping to land the perfect candidate for peanuts. Go to the interview and talk to the tech guys, show them your personal github, game mods, small apps you've written etc. If you don't have professional experience with certain popular frameworks use them in personal projects you can show off.

I'm thinking Breaking Bad. Problem solved.
Nah, meth is trashy and boring and trivial chemistry anyway. Invest in Shulgin's books and work your way through. ;)

Last edited:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Nah, meth is trashy and boring and trivial chemistry anyway. Invest in Shulgin's books and work your way through. ;)
I don't disagree. But then nobody Cooks meth to be at the top of high scociety. :)

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I don't disagree. But then nobody Cooks meth to be at the top of high scociety. :)
Proof that MaxPower is a meth user. He respects the art of cooking meth so much he capitalized the word cook, then got so messed up on meth that he misspelled the word society. He loves using meth so much he included a smiley face because meth makes him happy.

Bauber

Captain Love
Higher education costs have skyrocketed since student loans were pretty much guaranteed to anyone for any fucktard degree. Especially people going to expensive colleges for degrees that will never be able to pay back the debt. (Not shoving you in this boat).

I made it though undergrad with no student loans because I played football. Worked for awhile and then headed to law school and got into around 110K of student loan debt. I paid it off roughly 18 months after graduating from law school.

Not being a dick, but you might both want to pick up a second job if money is that tight. Weekends, whatever - sounds like you knew your job wasn't going to pay much. Hope it all works out and best of luck.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
'They' are going to monetize the student loan debt just like they did with mortgages during the "housing crisis" (lol). You already know what you should be doing in regard to your existing balance (at least you ought to know). Stop focusing on where you are and start focusing on where you want to be. That means you need to anticipate the next move based on a given dataset. Examine the data and make the move. Anyone who isn't doing the simple things like shorting stocks or at least converting long holds to municipal bonds is a retard. The chickens are coming home to roost.

MisterFister

Examine the data and make the move. Anyone who isn't doing the simple things like shorting stocks or at least converting long holds to municipal bonds is a retard. The chickens are coming home to roost.
Stocks plunge, Dow drops more than 500 points

lol...you're welcome.

MisterFister

Dow erases gains for the year, tumbles more than 600 points as stocks extend October swoon.

I'll stop now. Have fun!

Crazizniac

Particinator
Your knowledge of trading the VIX is obviously wanting, but yeah keep regurgitating headlines, it keeps the retards on the sidelines.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Hey fister you forgot to regurgitate todays headlines. Oh that's right your the guy who's padding his retirement with municipal bonds.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
My opinion on this topic is superior to everybody else's.

MisterFister

Any waterhead with a degree who's actually paying federally guaranteed student loans which equate to more than say...12%-15% of their net income is a fool. You didn't see the retardation at the front end but at least you have the opportunity to wake up on the back end.