WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

stupid friend

blitzen9090

The Moron...who complains
my friend promised me i could be in his band. hes a REALLY shitty guitarist, but i could still be in a band with him. he got this whole thing together and then decided to two-tie me and say "...sorry, your not gunna be in it" im pretty sure its because i could take him out on guitar.
another thing is that he already has a gibson, fuckin good guitar, and expensive. Now hes looking into a jackson flying V, which is a great guitar if you know how to play it, but he sucks! and it pisses me off! agh, i just dont kno wut to tell him cuz we've been friends since 3rd grade and now hes acting better than me, but he knows hes not and I know im not too. i dunno what i should tell him

Pachyderm

I really did.
Talent always prevails over equipment. If someone has a nice guitar and other people come to watch, it's because his guitar is cool. They would only watch for a moment. If you're really good, start your own band, and it doesn't matter what guitar you have, if you're talented, people will watch you. There is nothing worse in a competition than knowing people like your opponent better than you. So rock on. :rockband:

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
Pachyderm said:
Talent always prevails over equipment. If someone has a nice guitar and other people come to watch, it's because his guitar is cool. They would only watch for a moment. If you're really good, start your own band, and it doesn't matter what guitar you have, if you're talented, people will watch you. There is nothing worse in a competition than knowing people like your opponent better than you. So rock on. :rockband:
hmmmmm good point... ask ur freind why u couldnt be in the band.. tell me wat he says and maybe i can help u more, but right now i dont have enough info.. sry

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
blitzen9090 said:
my friend promised me i could be in his band. hes a REALLY shitty guitarist, but i could still be in a band with him. he got this whole thing together and then decided to two-tie me and say "...sorry, your not gunna be in it" im pretty sure its because i could take him out on guitar.
another thing is that he already has a gibson, fuckin good guitar, and expensive. Now hes looking into a jackson flying V, which is a great guitar if you know how to play it, but he sucks! and it pisses me off! agh, i just dont kno wut to tell him cuz we've been friends since 3rd grade and now hes acting better than me, but he knows hes not and I know im not too. i dunno what i should tell him
Your title says it all...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
When I was like 12 and stupid(er), I played bass and was trying to get a band together (albeit a lame one). Did you know that only one drummer lives within a five mile radius of me? Did you know that he was already in such high demand that he played in high school bands (he was twelve too)?

You obviously didn't, but whatever. Bands suck :thumbsup: Unless I listen to them. Then they're cool.

blitzen9090

The Moron...who complains
true true, money just doesnt buy talent. ive searched around for a bassist, i know drummers and i know other guitarists but i have no bassists at my school! it sucks! o well, ill find somthing...

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
i play guitar but don't have like $500 guitar. mines like 140. its cheap but i like it

blitzen9090 said:
start your own fucking band. show that queer who owns.