WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stupid fucking co-workers

Jung

???
Premium
Our self proclaimed 'Unix expert,' that never touches any of our nix servers, showed how completely clueless he is today. This is on a production server for a regional manufacturing company, so needless to say it's a huge fuck up. I think he might actually get fired because of this, which is ok by me, since he's an annoying mouth breathing fanboy. But guess who hets to unfuck this situation? :banghead:

Cliffs for the non-nerds:

He ran fsck (file system check) on a drive mounted as read/write. This is a horribly stupid thing to do and caused all kinds of data corruption. Now I have to rebuild the entire drive from back ups, test, ad nauseum.

Logs for the nerds:

http://justinb.us/dumbass.log

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
OMG! :mad:

Why? Why? Why?

What kinda of idiots do you guys hire over there?

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Holy shit.

That log file reads like a fucking nightmare. What was he thinking? He just kepty trying to do the same thing over and over and over again. And I love the fact that when it says "NO" he just tries to use a force switch. And when that fails he gives up and ignores the warnings.

Somehow I could see UserFriendly making a strip out of this one.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That is hilarious... in a not-funny-at-all kind of way... :)

What a dumbass! I can tell by the logs (even though I don't understand 3/4 of it) that he was sitting in front of the computer, slouched over, drawing a blank the entire time... :rofl:

Not funny at all, man. Not at all.

jamesp

In Memory...
wow, even after being warned the previous dozen or so times that what he was trying to do would potentially cause horrific damage, he still does it. Man, i feel for ya jung.