WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

stupid fucking virus..

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I clicked on my friends away message that said:

OMFG LOOK

http://www.freewebs.com/greeny8/bestfriends.scr-virused

?!!!??!?

Now I advise you, DO NOT go to that website.. I have a virus now that won't let me open programs/certain windows.. I know how to fix it, but it closes the window I need.. Anyone know how to get around this..?

Jung

???
Premium
p99 said:
Now I advise you, DO NOT go to that website..
why the fuck did you post the link then? knowing most people will click anything they see, i wonder how many people you'll infect. :rolleyes:

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
That would just proove how many stupid fuckers are on this website..

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I have had something similar a few times. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and look in your process list. If you see something called "ntsysmgr.exe" or "sp.exe" do a windows search for it and delete it.

Edit: I am assuming you have WIN2K or XP

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
See.. I can't do control alt delete.. It closes the window as soon as it comes up..

Descent

Hella Constipated
Wait... .SCR?!

Go to display properties and select another screen saver...that should fix it.

SCR file = Screen saver.

If all else fails, press F8 when Windows is booting up and go into safe mode.

Then select another screen saver, and voila! It's fixed.

Jung

???
Premium
p99 said:
See.. I can't do control alt delete.. It closes the window as soon as it comes up..
from comand prompt:

tasklist -- views processes
taskkill/PID (PID#) -- kills a process

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I had the exact same problem.

Just ctrl + alt + delete and then screen shot it. After that, ID the file name of the virus and do a system search on it. Delete all of the files by that name (It was like MXsomething, if I remember correctly). One of them will say "Cannot delete - currently running." The solution to that one is simple... ctrl + alt + delete and then end the task as fast as you can (took me about 15-20 tries). Then, delete the file (it's no longer running) and empty it from your recycle bin.

There you have it... the layman's, brutish-force way to fix a virus!

Jung

???
Premium
jstager said:
Start -> Programs -> accessories -> command prompt
start> run> type in cmd, or even faster windows key+R then type in cmd.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
if you are searching the process list, it may also help to reboot into safe mode.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I don't think I can do it nosubstance..

junglizm.. tasklist command won't work in the command prompt..

it says "its not recognized as an internal or external command"..

edit: I did a virus scan and it didnt find anything.. Yet I know there is something wrong..

This shit is crazy.. It starts playing random songs.. It does crazy friggin stuff.. Argh..

Jung

???
Premium
p99 said:
junglizm.. tasklist command won't work in the command prompt..
i don't remember what other versions it works on. i know for a fact it works in xp pro, but it might have been left out of home. i'm pretty sure it works on 2k as well.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It works on my workstation. I run Server 2003 on it (It's configured as a workstation).

Have you tried changing your screen saver yet?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
The screen saver is still on "none".. I switched it to something else and switched it back.. Nothing.. I have windows xp home edition.. Its still not workin'..

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
This spyware/adware/virus or whatever it may be likes to send AIM messages to random people on my buddy list as well..

EDIT: It also makes my mouse go in funky directions..

Jung

???
Premium
try kaspersky antivirus, it's the best commercial av i've found.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Where can I find.. I seriously am having trouble coming to WTF.com to post, I can't search for something like another antivirus very easily.. Everything is super slow..