WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stupid, inept coworkers

I work with a true assclown. The guy is completely incompetent, and fucks up everything he touches. Worst part? He makes wayyy more money than I do. Gawd I hate my life.

We work for a software company and deal with third party vendors for custom integration for a lot of our customers. A customer sends him and email today stating that one of these third-party customizations is broken today.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 7:49 AM
To: Inept System Analyst
Subject: Images Down.

Hey Inept System Analyst,
It appears the image link is down. We have gotten used to that real fast, any ideas?

Thanks,

Friendly Customer

Asshat (didn't I rip on someone for using that the other day?), being the smart guy he is responds with.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 10:17 AM
To: Friendly Customer
Subject: RE: Images Down.

Friendly Customer,

Could it be because of the holiday today? I know alot of corporations observer Good Friday....

???

What's the error code you get back?

Inept System Analyst

Ok, 1. Good Friday is not a holiday, you right-wing Christian fuck

2. Even if the imaging vendor observed Good Friday, I doubt they would take their server down. What? Is it in observance? "Well, Todd, Christ died for our sins today. Better take down the check imaging server."

3. What the fuck is he thinking????

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Well Perhaps the server is Catholic? That server may be a stigmata, it is Good Friday.. Call the Pope!

Chris

Sick Bastard
Nah, I'd go with the "Well, Todd, Christ died for our sins today. Better take down the check imaging server."
and the "What the fuck is he thinking"...

i have a few idiot co-workers:

(01) she moves fast at all times. she literally runs everywhere. she was trying to get to the back room to get something out of her purse and she ran so fast by my best friend {who also works with me} and she knocked my best friend right down on her ass. :thumbsdn:

(02) she makes fun of every aspect of an asian person. 1st of all, she calls all asian people "chinese". she makes fun of the fact that they have slanted eyes all the time. she makes fun of the way they talk. the weird part of the story is that the only one that she really gets along with at work is asain... hmmm... odd. :thumbsdn:

(03) i didn't think this person was an idiot until she said "maybe if you mexicans didn't go out and have 15 kids each, you'd have enough money to buy good things." :thumbsdn:

(04) she's lazy. then when her lazy ass asks you to do something and you say "no, i won't do it. because you're lazy. you should do it yourself." she'll get pissed. :thumbsdn:

(05) here's an example of a conversation i had with this co-worker:
• co-worker: did you see that chinese woman?
• me: she wasn't chinese, she was mexican.
• co-worker: oh, well, she could barely speak english!
• me: she could speak english ok, she just had a heavy accent.
• co-worker: i think she needs to get rid of it and speak proper english.
• me: an accent isn't something you can just learn to get rid of.
• co-worker: really?
i just wandered away. :thumbsdn:

socom junkie said:
yea i work with little kids like 7 years old and they r so anoying and bad
that sucks...especially if you're not patient. i'm the epitome of patience, so i think i could handle working with the little fuckers...if i had to.

ron

Buster of Asses
badassmtbiker said:
Ok, 1. Good Friday is not a holiday, you right-wing Christian fuck

2. Even if the imaging vendor observed Good Friday, I doubt they would take their server down. What? Is it in observance? "Well, Todd, Christ died for our sins today. Better take down the check imaging server."

3. What the fuck is he thinking????
1. true

2. funny

3. he isn't

What a pinhead. Ignorance coupled with apathy.

ron

Buster of Asses
I feel your pain. Management hired this guy to take some of the load off me (I don't like talking to users and I'm OK with that). Not because of his extensive resume nor demonstrated skills, mind you, but because he was a charmer and looked "nice." I guess I look like a biker. That's good, since I ride. Whatever.

Anyway, since Day 1 this guy comes in at least 15 minutes late every day, usually more like an hour. He takes 90 minutes for lunch (we get 60) and then comes back to eat lunch at his desk. He can't answer any questions. He hoses everything he touches, which I then have to fix. He calls in sick about a third of the time. He wears jeans and t-shirts (we're business casual). He never participates in after hours or weekend systems work, which he could do from home. The list goes on...

He're the icing on the cake: he comes in my office about 2 weeks ago talking about one of the inept users we have. He's pissed about how incompetent the guy is, then says, "it just goes to show you that you can't even get fired from this place." He's pissed about not being able to spend as much time with his family as he'd like because these users "are always asking questions" and how "it's so much better in France, because you get more vacation and the atmosphere is more laid back." He grew up in France.

Is that his strategy? Get fired and collect unemployment from my taxes? I told him to get bent. Man, do a good job and they will always expect it. Fuck up constantly and then do one thing right and you get promoted.

ron said:
...Man, do a good job and they will always expect it. Fuck up constantly and then do one thing right and you get promoted.
[soap box]Totally. I think I posted about that the other day. A student vs D student syndrome. Wherein parents/teachers/management will always expect you to do A-work if you've done it once, yet the kiss they ass of the D-student for doing "what's expected of them!!" Arrgh!! This worthless waste of sperm I work with actually makes more money than I do, and got a larger raise!! Mind you, my boss knows the guy's a loser. Claims that waste of sperm was hired by the old boss, and that's why waste of sperm makes more money, blah blah. I don't give a fuck. He sucks!! Can his ass.
[/soap box]
Okay. Sorry about that. I'm done. Enjoy your weekend.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
badassmtbiker said:
[soap box]Totally. I think I posted about that the other day. A student vs D student syndrome. Wherein parents/teachers/management will always expect you to do A-work if you've done it once, yet the kiss the ass of the D-student for doing "what's expected of them!!" Arrgh!! This worthless waste of sperm I work with actually makes more money than I do, and got a larger raise!! Mind you, my boss knows the guy's a loser. Claims that waste of sperm was hired by the old boss, and that's why waste of sperm makes more money, blah blah. I don't give a fuck. He sucks!! Can his ass.
[/soap box]
Okay. Sorry about that. I'm done. Enjoy your weekend.
Amen.. I have never understood this grading curve!
Bonehead can forget that it's a fucking work day, and it's all good because it's bonehead.
If I make a mistake there's asshole at my desk with hammer and nails.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Such anger and frustration, and to think I used to be a nice guy :p until I started posting here with you two guys!!!