WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stupid jobs for n00b's

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
:) Ok I was sitting around thinking about some of the shitty jobs I've had in my great life, and I can't help but laugh at the things I did when I didn't know any better.

This is the question; What have you made your newest member do, did you send the latest intern down stairs for 4 feet of 1 gig broadband? Maby you realy needed a bucket of steam. Did it happen to you or did you do it to someone else?:D

For me, I was working at a pasta reasturant, and I got sent down stairs for the spaghetti strecher. That is three hours of my life I'm never getting back. But I did not forget to send the next n00b down after it.

The latest was almost 6 months ago. I sent the greenest member of the shop to the tool room to check out the key to the flight line. :thumbsup:

Fideru

Agitated Pancake
4 feet of broadband? Oh that one is good.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
when i left school i was a brickmason.. those cunts were brutal.. i wasn't new for long so the newer fuckers got a lot of the shit i should've got..
the one that stands out most is telling them to go the other side of the site and tell 'mad andy' that we need to get up and finish off the gables (triangular apex at sides of house) but the scaffold tower has been removed, so can we have the 'skyhooks'..
fucking skyhooks..
and every single fucker went and asked, and every single fucker came back saying 'mad andy' threw a trowel at me..

left-handed screwdriver was another.. glass hammer.. fuck, it's coming back now.. 'the horror'..

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
void said:
when i left school i was a brickmason.. those cunts were brutal.. i wasn't new for long so the newer fuckers got a lot of the shit i should've got..
the one that stands out most is telling them to go the other side of the site and tell 'mad andy' that we need to get up and finish off the gables (triangular apex at sides of house) but the scaffold tower has been removed, so can we have the 'skyhooks'..
fucking skyhooks..
and every single fucker went and asked, and every single fucker came back saying 'mad andy' threw a trowel at me..

left-handed screwdriver was another.. glass hammer.. fuck, it's coming back now.. 'the horror'..
omfg, skyhooks happened to me too. It was almost my first job at 16, I worked in a KFC near a Canadian Tire and they sent me there to look for a skyhook and a can of steam.. Also when I was making the salads, they told me to do a 360 with my big spoon every time I scooped the salad to put it in the little bowls.. so I did 360's with my spoon like a noob for an hour before they told me it was a joke, laughing their asses off. I wondered why the hell I had to 360 my spoon every damn time, but I didn't ask questions.. lol

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
This just in,
Let's say we needed to do fuel samples on some of the aircraft, and one guy never did them, so he doesn't know what he needs to do them.

He gets sent to the toolroom for the fallopian tube:D

our toolroom doesn't have one. So he gets sent to another squadrin, do they tell him it'a a joke, NO, they send him to another squadrin.
:rotflmao:

4 hours later, he comes back, and he still doesn't know it's a joke.

Is it imoral to send him looking for the fallopian tube again next week?

Haha. I once got told to go to the hardware store to find a new bubble for my level. The foreman told me it was broken, and i just agreed (what did i know right?). Anyway... i guess i must've been a bubble off level to believe that task was real. Omg, i was soo embarassed - the guy at the hardware store just laughed forever. OOpsies :p