WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Stupid Microsoft!!!!

:eek:
Why does Microsoft have a 9998 out of 9999 chance of crashing and Mac (apple) has a 1 out of 999999999999 chance of crashing!!!

i mean really why does microcrap always have 2 crash!:mad:
why is everything so slow:mad:
like when u install 5 games on a celeron it will crash or freeze

Keep adding reasons why m - i - r -c-010110 soft has 2 crash
and why it sucks in all ways

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I've only used Microsoft. I've had very little problems with it ever, and I haven't had a crash in years. I don't know what people are doing to cause it to crash all the time, on 3 different computers, over many years, very few problems. I dunno what all the fuss is about?

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
JLXC said:
I've only used Microsoft. I've had very little problems with it ever, and I haven't had a crash in years. I don't know what people are doing to cause it to crash all the time, on 3 different computers, over many years, very few problems. I dunno what all the fuss is about?
I agree.

Now I do hate M$, but I haven't had any major problems in years.

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
Try installing those games on the Mac, oh wait noone writes games for the Mac. I gotta agree with the other posters, Windows can be fairly trouble free if you keep up with the driver upgrading and patching. No 1 reason games don't work is the video driver. For 3D games the Celeron might be alittle weak if you try to run at high res. or with all the eye candy running. Especially if your video card is last gen.

Jung

???
Premium
choves said:
:eek:
Why does Microsoft have a 9998 out of 9999 chance of crashing and Mac (apple) has a 1 out of 999999999999 chance of crashing!!!

i mean really why does microcrap always have 2 crash!:mad:
why is everything so slow:mad:
like when u install 5 games on a celeron it will crash or freeze

Keep adding reasons why m - i - r -c-010110 soft has 2 crash
and why it sucks in all ways
Please learn to speak in English. Read this and this.
tw33k said:
Try installing those games on the Mac, oh wait noone writes games for the Mac.
Actually, the only thing that keeps games from being ported to the Mac is OSX's lack of a DirectX API. Most OpenGL games do get ported.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
well i do hate micrososft, but its not bad as people say it is. Maybe a little bit more user friendly than the mac, a bit fancier(i mean the software programs)
but .nvm
FUK MACINTOSH!
heads up! buy a new computer, you shouldnt even expect 2 new games to work on that box.

StreetRacer864

Banned - What an Asshat!
I guess everyone neglected to say that celerons are the cheaper processor. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that celerons are not really sold for the gamer. Try a Pentium, make sure you have your updates installed for yous system and, please, don't ever buy another Mac. Get a Dell. I like them a lot and I must admit the service for Dells are TOP NOTCH. The Dell DJ is pretty nice too... I actually like it more than the Ipod. Dell needs to make the DJ color tho.

jamesp

In Memory...
StreetRacer864 said:
I guess everyone neglected to say that celerons are the cheaper processor. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that celerons are not really sold for the gamer. Try a Pentium, make sure you have your updates installed for yous system and, please, don't ever buy another Mac. Get a Dell. I like them a lot and I must admit the service for Dells are TOP NOTCH. The Dell DJ is pretty nice too... I actually like it more than the Ipod. Dell needs to make the DJ color tho.

Hmmm...maybe because you don't know jack shit about computers. Macs are some of the most powerful computers on the public market. I personally run a G4 and it blows the doors off of any x86 I have ever used (Servers aside.) Pentiums are crap for gaming, they are inefficient the extreme and prone to loads of waste heat. But you are right about Celeron processors being very low-end, meaning that they are primarily used for games, like Solitaire. Check out AMD for gaming, my favorite would have to be the new AMD Sempron.

Jung

???
Premium
StreetRacer864 said:
Try a Pentium, make sure you have your updates installed for yous system and, please, don't ever buy another Mac.
If he wants to play games an Athalon 64 would be the best option. Pentium 4s show lackluster performance in games.
Get a Dell.
I'm sorry, but by saying that you've just discredited any and all advice you might give. Dells are horrible for gaming, they use Intel processors and their gaming PCs are ridiculously expensive. Any serious gamer or knowledgeable person would just build their own AMD based system.
jamesp said:
Macs are some of the most powerful computers on the public market. I personally run a G4 and it blows the doors off of any x86 I have ever used (Servers aside.)
Macs are great for office type stuff, but not really ideal for gamers. The newer AMD 64 chips are already faster than the fastest PPC chips as well, and don't require water cooling. OSX is what makes Macs nice, not the architecture.
Check out AMD for gaming, my favorite would have to be the new AMD Sempron.
Huh? Seproms are the AMD equivalent of Celerons.

X2 > Athalon 64 > Seprom

jamesp

In Memory...
jung said:
Huh? Seproms are the AMD equivalent of Celerons.

X2 > Athalon 64 > Seprom
Well of course, 64bit X2 is superior but it is more expensive, I was suggesting a better, cheaper option.

I used a Sempron 3000 processor for a while and, though it is a cheaper AMD, it performed great with very demanding games and apps (Visual Studio 2005, HL2, FarCry, etc.), and its optimum temperature is about 117 degrees which decreases the need for large noisy fans or cooling systems. All in all it was a very good buy.

Jung

???
Premium
My point was that regular Athalon 64s are really cheap right now. There's really no point in getting a Seprom unless you just have absolutely no budget.

jamesp

In Memory...
junglizm said:
My point was that regular Athalon 64s are really cheap right now. There's really no point in getting a Seprom unless you just have absolutely no budget.
Yeah, true. Man, I love this thing where technology gets cheaper by the minute.

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, be looking for the 939 X2s and A64s to decrease in price when the consumer level 940s and M2s start shipping in the first or second quarter of 06. AMD will finally be moving to DDR2, and actually see performance gains from it. (unlike Intel :p )

StreetRacer864

Banned - What an Asshat!
Of course you'd build your own computer if you knew how to and had the money. I say get a Dell no matter what and WTF Intel Pentiums have always worked great for me. I mean if you have a very high end game, then you need a very high end computer like the XPS or an alienware.

And by saying "Dells are horrible for gaming" YOU, my friend, don't know what your talking about because I game a lot on my DELL and it's good. Plus, you cant generalize like that. If you get a shitty Dell then of course gaming wouldnt be great, just like if you get any other shitty type of computer.

jamesp

In Memory...
Go play HL2 on 1600x1400 and then come back after your replace your motherboard.

StreetRacer864

Banned - What an Asshat!
Lol I do. Motherboard needs replacing? Nope.. maybe I'm just lucky? But I swear my computer never pisses me off. I mean I'm not stupid, I know Dells aren't the best..but what my MAIN point here is that PCs ARE better than macs... I have used them both, and even simply tasks are harder on an Apple. Maybe I'm just biased...or maybe I'm too spoiled with the easy life of a PC and the huge amount of features.... but wait? Isn't that what I should except from a modern day computer company? I think so. Sorry Mac, my expectations are higher than you. Great job with the Ipod tho!!

Jung

???
Premium
StreetRacer864 said:
Of course you'd build your own computer if you knew how to and had the money ... I mean if you have a very high end game, then you need a very high end computer like the XPS or an alienware.
You seem to not understand that building your own computer is cheaper than Dells expensive, and under performing, XPS. Alienware, well, they only survive because of people who don't know enough to build their own and are willing to pay ridiculous amounts for "ultimate gaming PCs." Neither are cost effective considering the performance you get.
And by saying "Dells are horrible for gaming" YOU, my friend, don't know what your talking
I'll put it this way: Yeah, you can buy an XPS for 2000+ dollars, with a slower Pentium processor, a proprietary Dell motherboard and over pay for your sound card and video card. That doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that it will outperform a well built custom system.

Or you could build your own system, spend less money than you would on a Dell and buy higher end RAM, processor, video cards and sound cards for cheaper.

The performance an XPS gives you is not on par with a custom build AMD system. If you don't believe me go look at some CPU and video card benchmarks.

Look, I'm sure you're some kind of self proclaimed computer genius just because you game on your Dell, and that's really awesome, but don't get ahead of yourself. There are plenty of people here who actually have computer science degrees, work as IT professionals and write programs - while you're playing with your Dell. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you have to prove your knowledge here - you don't just show up and proclaim Dell the best and expect everyone to take your word for it. People will recognize what you know by how you post, not by how much you claim to know. :)
and WTF Intel Pentiums have always worked great for me.
Go look at some benchmarks, AMD 64s out perform Pentium 4s in gaming, and a good bit of other things.

because I game a lot on my DELL and it's good.
Ok, then what processor and video card do you have? What resolution do you run your games at? I'm not talking about playing games at 1280x1024, I'm talking about playing games at at least 1600x1200 with full settings, and doing so on a PC cheaper than an XPS.

I have to play games at 1680x1050, the native resolution of my LCD. Most video cards won't handle that, and buying the ones that will are cheaper if you don’t buy them from Dell - that I promise you.

MAIN point here is that PCs ARE better than macs...
Wether or not Macs are better or worse than PCs is a completely relative assertion. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, maybe you’re not realizing that… or maybe you’re just another anti-Mac bandwaggoner.
I have used them both, and even simply tasks are harder on an Apple. Maybe I'm just biased..
Maybe you just don't understand the beauty of UNIX. Macs are kind of pointless unless you're capable of using them to their full potential. If you can't do simple tasks on a Mac as easily as you could in Windows, it's most likely because you lack the experience. UNIX, and any UNIX like operating system, is exponentially more powerful than Windows - that is a fact. Granted, I do acknowledge that Macs aren't all that great for gaming.