WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Stupid useless life savers..

zbuzz

Banned - What an Asshat!
I`m sick and tired of those charity people!! They go like - "Give me some money, so I could save some assholes life and make the world a better place to live..", but hey! - for how long? You save someone`s life, but where is the fucking point? - he will die anyway and probably will cause few more problems while he`s alive!
By the way, there are too many people on this planet breathing air, drinking water and using oil & cousing pollution already!!

I must agree with this statement. I have a high regaurd for human life,but If in the long run everyone's survival rate is 0(and it is) donating money to a charity that supposedly "helps" third world countries usually pockets 65% of the money donated and buys crap the peopel dont even need to survive with the rest; does not seem like a good investment. Now for the part of the third world country's population. MOVE WHERE THE FOOD IS AND STOP FUCKIN SO MUCH.

/fin

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
It's better to teach them how to grow their own food or to provide an iirigation network. I know this is done by numberous charity groups, but not enough. Giving them food as a short term solution only, don't keep feeding them endlessly as they'll only become accustomed to it.

This obviously doesnt apply to all charities, mostly the "give ten pounds a month to support a child in need" are the ones in question. I wouldnt be suprised if a substancial amount of that given money is used to pay the wages of the guys who go out and do what they claim...or adverts for that matter.

Building schools and helping the needy to be self supporting is the best way :thumbsup:

vIoLeNcE0969

Sir.vIoLeNcE
hell ya

i say only give to local charitys. those world charitys bug the hell outa me....uhhhgggg help this poor homeless kid so he can eat and go brake stuff and be a criminal terrorist.

R

RedOctober

Well.. I'll use nicer words this time, but here we go again...

The problem is America and Europe both dump food for dump prices on the world market, and that causes problems in the third world.
No farmer can work against that, as long as we have a free market.

The Romans already said, "Give your friend a plow, and give bread to your enemy."

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
Nuclearwinter said:
Now for the part of the third world country's population. MOVE WHERE THE FOOD IS AND STOP FUCKIN SO MUCH.

/fin
Looking from your post, i think you know nothing of the sufferings of the peope i the third world country. You havent seen how they live. You havent seen how they have to earn their bread. Infact the only thing about thirld world countries that you might know is that its not a nice place to live in and they dont have clean water. Most probably all the money doesnt go for the cause of charity, but the cause is a just one. USA and Europe waste a lot of food, electriciy, water etc etc. You probably have a bathtub in your house and when you fell like i, you can take a bath. If you look at the amount of people in Europe and USA doing that, thats a fuck load of water. People in the third world countries dont even have water to fucking cook most of the time. Their children have to work the whole day,scavenging for food and cothes.

I have seen many families where the children work the whole day in a roadside restraunt, get paid really little, then go to night school till 11 or 12 at night, go home, sleep for 4-5 hours and go to work again. Every fucking day. We complain about rising gas prices, how our favourite tv show isnt comming on tv and how our life is so fucking miserable. Do you think they even know what a condom is? Even if they know about it, do you think they can afford it? The government cant even give out free birthcontrol or stuff like that because they dont have the fucking money. They hardly ever have a continuous supply of electricity. The only thing that is guaranteed is a power shortage.

When they have so many children, they cant affrd to keep them. The easiest soution? keep them on the side of the road, let them drift down a river or drown the kid in the river. These things are a reality, not some kind of old myth that your mom reads to you at night.

In most families 10 people stay in a 300-400 sq foot room.10 PEOPLE. We complain of sharing our room with our brother or sister.All that they have in the house is a cooking stove for food if they can afford one, mostl probably one bed for the oldest member of the family and a common bathroom for like 100 people. Look at what you own in your house. Are you really deprived of a comfortable life? Do you really have to buy that new xbox game that came out for 40 bucks. Dont get me wrong, im not saying you should stop buying stuff for ouselves, you earned the money, you deserve to spend it. But dont bitch about how people dont deserve to live or someting like that. You havent experienced the pain of seeing your child go hungry day after day after day. You havent experienced tha pain of being treated badly by every single person you see. I doubt you have experienced anything.

toti

will rep for food
what a load of crap .. if you was the one who was dying you would want sumone to give you money so you dont starve to death, you drink water use up oil and cause polution .. so like killing you would benefit all of us

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I have volunteered with our local food pantry since i was a little catholic girl in a little plaid jumper..at least until I started working full time....anyways, let me leave you with this little thought:

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the cause.

If you continue to be part of the cause, you can shut the fuck up.

We (as in charity groups) are doing what we know how to do to the best of our ability. Unless you break your backs with us, you have absolutely NO recourse for criticsm.

:mfinger:

zbuzz

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well.. I`m sorry, I just wasn`t thinking..

I was just so fucked up with all this bullshit going on all around the world so I just forgot one simple rule for easy living - shut the fuck up and don`t try to share your thoughts unless you are fully SURE that they wont be against anyone`s opinion..

Easty

Click click boom
toti said:
what a load of crap .. if you was the one who was dying you would want sumone to give you money so you dont starve to death, you drink water use up oil and cause polution .. so like killing you would benefit all of us
i would rather donate a little bit of my money to help them, as opposed to them becoming desperate and doing something else, more violent for example.

R

RedOctober

Nuclearwinter said:
MOVE WHERE THE FOOD IS AND STOP FUCKIN SO MUCH.
Yeah... That's why there is another thread about building a fence between the USA and Mexico.

:banana: :wasntme:

I once read somewhere that it would cost only $18 billion USD to feed and cloth every single person on the planet for a long time. That is not much money when you look at the coffers of the wealthier countries.

R

RedOctober

Shzar said:
I once read somewhere that it would cost only $18 billion USD to feed and cloth every single person on the planet for a long time. That is not much money when you look at the coffers of the wealthier countries.
Yep!

But that doesn't solve problems, it only worsens it!

People have to be able to take care of their own future.
Send plows and other agricultural hardware, not food!

Comrade

Flame Bait
The problem is deeper than that

If the west hadn't exploited them in the first place charity wouldn't be needed!

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
Actually, the west did not exploit them till recent. Up tlll now, the countries were ruled by european countries.The european countries are mainly resposible for the condition of the countries in asia and africa. The us only made it worse.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
skullmaster said:
Actually, the west did not exploit them till recent. Up tlll now, the countries were ruled by european countries.The european countries are mainly resposible for the condition of the countries in asia and africa. The us only made it worse.
i do agree with you.
i am aware of the countries you have lived in.

but..

the west is also europe..
seriously, the generic 'west' is the generic first world..

otherwise.. kulfi..

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
void said:
otherwise.. kulfi..
haha that stuff rocks.have you tried pav bhaji?

back to topic: Well the USA could be considered as the west.....technically that is. Most of the people havve decended from europeans...ideals are pretty much the same.....take but dont give.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
skullmaster said:
haha that stuff rocks.have you tried pav bhaji?
i was bought up in the english midlands, generally considered the home of some of the best indo/pak cooks..

best indian cuisine i had though was on the andaman islands.. that was the first time i tasted malai kofta.. :)

back on topic..

yeah, great.

I've seen documentaries on the Discovery channel a few times about the situation in Africa..seems most of the time as soon as people start growing their own food there that some organized force comes through and eats or burns the crops and leaves the peaceful people hungry and disenchanted..I've seen one on North Korea when food is delivered there for the "hungry" people..the merchants or military actually get it and they laugh at the gift from the USA with full bellies while the people who need it continue to starve. Rather difficult to take care of oneself when people who are stronger and bigger constantly knock you off the ladder. Really not hard to guess why people who have to endure this can act out.

It seems easy for us to judge them as lazy while many of us sit in a warm house, have enough to eat, and don't really have to worry about our neighboring state or group of organized or mercanary forces comming to burn down our grocery stores, kill our children, and rape our women...We do not really have to worry about genocide either...

One could say well yes but it survival of the fittest..the last time I checked humans happen to be the most intellegent beings on earth..sad really that while our bigger brains and wonderful talent for language doesn't always give us an advantage.

People need each other and that's why we have become such social creatures. That hard learned lesson should be put to good use; not thrown out the window. You never know..one day you could find yourself in the same situation..I bet you would want help. Luckily there are always some people on this rock who care.