WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Success

ron

Buster of Asses
Success is annoying. I mean, you work your ass off to get things done right, on time, and under budget for someone else's company. You pull freakin' miracles out off your ass to save them time, money, or whatever, and what happens? Pats on the back? Probably not. They (nameless, faceless THEY) don't say, "Hey, great job man. Take it easy for a while. We've got you covered."

Hell no. They pile more and more shit on your already freakishly high work load, congratulate your inept co-worker for getting the pop-top can open on the first try without pouring it on himself, and then start making demands like "where's that proposal I asked for?" Up your ass, pinhead, if you don't get the Hell out of my office. That's where. Fuck off or I will replace you with a very small shell script.

Moral: the more you produce, the more they will expect. Careful with that expertise, Eugene.

ron said:
Success is annoying. I mean, you work your ass off to get things done right, on time, and under budget for someone else's company. You pull freakin' miracles out off your ass to save them time, money, or whatever, and what happens? Pats on the back? Probably not. They (nameless, faceless THEY) don't say, "Hey, great job man. Take it easy for a while. We've got you covered."

Hell no. They pile more and more shit on your already freakishly high work load, congratulate your inept co-worker for getting the pop-top can open on the first try without pouring it on himself, and then start making demands like "where's that proposal I asked for?" Up your ass, pinhead, if you don't get the Hell out of my office. That's where. Fuck off or I will replace you with a very small shell script.

Moral: the more you produce, the more they will expect. Careful with that expertise, Eugene.
Amen. Story of my professional life. I need to get a new job - but be hired as the C student. I wanna not work 12 hour days with no OT, only to get more work handed to me - because I consistently beat my deadlines. More work? More pay motherfucker.

By the way, though evil, it's rather gratifying to knock said pop can out of inept's hands when you walk past. Just cuz I'm dependable doesn't mean I can't be a bully.

ron

Buster of Asses
badassmtbiker said:
By the way, though evil, it's rather gratifying to knock said pop can out of inept's hands when you walk past. Just cuz I'm dependable doesn't mean I can't be a bully.
Oh, how true. Then you yell, "Clean up that mess, asshole!"