WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Suck it Down...Um...That's Trademarked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Um...Yeah. John Romero trademarked that back in the good old Daikatana days.

Unless you want to get sued, you may want to take it off (I highly doubt he will sue, though).

Anyway, have fun, and keep changing it often, I love it!

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
"Suck It Down" was from Duke.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah, but Romero was saying it YEARS before Duke came out, he started saying it when they were testing out the deathmatch mode in a beta of Doom.

I've read Masters of Doom 4 times, I would know.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Your mom must be so proud.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Firstly, it was a random thought and was being changed tonight. ;)

Secondly, if I feel like putting "Let's get ready to rumble!" into the title bar for a few days too no one is going to sue us either and the owner of that trademarked phrase is well known to sue at the drop of a hat (you'll find wrestling sites calling a certain forum that for example).

Why wouldn't they normally sue? For the same reason you can post musical lyrics of your favorite songs in your online signatures or have online famous quote databases or sing your favorite song outside of your business randomly one day cause it felt good at the time. It's a non issue. We're not applying it to our site header and proving we're somehow profitting from it would be quite a challenge.

In this type of situation, individuals or companies would rarely make an attempt at legal action as the negative PR would far outweigh anything they could gain.

Any further legalities you want to bring to my attention, you can do so privately...

...closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.