WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Suggestions for bar music....

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Now seriously kids, no bullshit "OH YEAH! play that song from Korn or OMFG Slipknot dude!" Post that someplace else.

Good rock/punk/drinking songs that'll keep people up and drinking at a bar

go....

I already have like 70 on my list and it's growing, I'm just curious what you guys would put and if I like it, I'll add it to mah list. :D

Dropkick Murphys - Kiss me I'm shitfaced, Finnegins Wake, Barroom Heros, Workers song

To name a few.:happysad:

BklynCannonball

lol, way ahead of you. Got Barroom Hero on there.Good choice BTW.

Face down in the gutter won't admit defeat though his clothes are soiled and black he's a big strong man with a child's mind, dont' you take his booze away!!!!

I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with "I don't give a.." by Peaches and "Sex and Violence" by the Exploited without getting in trouble:

I think I'd be stretching.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Why the fuck would you get in trouble with the offensive conent of a song AT A FUCKING DRINKING EVENT!? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'd reccomend "I Buy Beer For Runaways" by The Raped. Short, but oh-so effective.

BklynCannonball

Let me put it to you this way....Peaches screams I don't give a fuck, I don't give a shit while Joan Jett's Bad Reputation is playing in the background. I don't think that would go well though I'm dying to try.

Plus I don't know if the general public can take someone singing sex and violence for 5 mins.

Need a little variety. Can't just play Dropkick all day.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Temptation, by The Tea Party. Works great for stripping as well.

BklynCannonball

Spirit of the West eh? Ha! Yeah, that's real rockin'

You're KILLING ME!

The Tea Party....I remember those guys. Years ago their cd fell into my hands. They blend these weird middle eastern melodies with rock.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
BklynCannonball said:
Now seriously kids, no bullshit "OH YEAH! play that song from Korn or OMFG Slipknot dude!" Post that someplace else.

Good rock/punk/drinking songs that'll keep people up and drinking at a bar

go....

I already have like 70 on my list and it's growing, I'm just curious what you guys would put and if I like it, I'll add it to mah list. :D
MSI(mindless self indulgence)-bicthes. That song kicks ass. I would drink to it!

BklynCannonball said:
Spirit of the West eh? Ha! Yeah, that's real rockin'

You're KILLING ME!

The Tea Party....I remember those guys. Years ago their cd fell into my hands. They blend these weird middle eastern melodies with rock.
The Tea Party kicks ass.:thumbsup:

BklynCannonball

I'm_Darth_Vader said:
MSI(mindless self indulgence)-bicthes. That song kicks ass. I would drink to it!
I can't respect any band that has a song called I Hate Jimmy Page. :p

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
what kind of bar is it?

Is it the sit down and bullshit bar, or the jam packed dance-a-thon bar?

Also, who frequents? Older people or the younger crowd?

Your answers will help narrow your search.

BklynCannonball

Nah dude, don't matter it's all good. Let me give you an idea of what I'm playing there....

Lydia Lunch, The Avengers, Ministry, L7, Lunachicks, The Slackers, Radiohead, Old 97s, Dropkick Murphys, Frank Zappa, The Damned and a TON more. So it's not really about them, it's about me.

It's a neighborhood sports bar, it's to get the crowd psyched for games and get me psyched to work.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yeah the more songs the better... i know too many bars that just cycle like an hour of music over and over figuring the patrons will be too drunk to notice...

Darklight said:
yeah the more songs the better... i know too many bars that just cycle like an hour of music over and over figuring the patrons will be too drunk to notice...
Most of the time, they are too drunk to notice. Even when they do, most just don't give a fuck. :happysad:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Taylor_Blade said:
Most of the time, they are too drunk to notice. Even when they do, most just don't give a fuck. :happysad:
unfortunately I got a high tolerance... it takes more then an hour to get warm and fuzzy... so I notice... but after about 11 hours I couldnt care less as long as its a song I like :thumbsup:

Darklight said:
unfortunately I got a high tolerance... it takes more then an hour to get warm and fuzzy... so I notice... but after about 11 hours I couldnt care less as long as its a song I like :thumbsup:
11 hours of drinking, and still going stong to good music. You remind me of this little bird I knew once:

BklynCannonball

So far I have 5 hours of music, I'm aiming for 7 but would love to have more. And then of course, there's the next time.