WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines suicide at the world trade center site

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- A 25-year-old from Georgia who was distraught over President Bush's re-election apparently killed himself at ground zero.

Andrew Veal's body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits area of the former World Trade Center site, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

A shotgun was found nearby, but no suicide note was found, Coleman said.

Veal's mother said her son was upset about the result of the presidential election and had driven to New York, Gus Danese, president of the Port Authority Police Benevolent Association, told The New York Times in Sunday's editions.

Friends said Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry.

"I'm absolutely sure it's a protest," Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at the lab, told The Daily News. "I don't know what made him commit suicide, but where he did it was symbolic."

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.
This is very sad; that guy was apparently and idiot and an asshole. I just can't feel sympathy for him. In his selfishness he forgot about his soon to be wife, his family and his friends. :rolleyes:

magnolia

Postaholic
That's so horrible. Not just the suicide part, but all of it. What a waste of a life. I mean, what a dumb reason to kill urself. :(

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
junglizm said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.html

This is very sad; that guy was apparently and idiot and an asshole. I just can't feel sympathy for him. In his selfishness he forgot about his soon to be wife, his family and his friends. :rolleyes:
People don't kill themselves in protest, they commit suicide out of depression and hopelessness.

Yes, many of us feel hopeless about the next 4 years, but the answer is not to quit, but to keep fighting for a better future...

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
some people just dont think before they do things , noone cares even though he did this to make a point the only thing this really effects is his family.

tzedek

Original Member
i say if you are that stupid to carry out something like that, the go for it. if you would waste your life or something as trivial as that...

ILoveGOP!

Fresh Meat
he killed himself to protest violence??? (in essence, that is) wow........ its official, the intelligence in this country is in the POOPER.

extavian

Interstellar Taco Fan
...I was of the impression that the intellegence of this country has long since disappeared...Bush is only the newest shiny object for the american public to drool over.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
extavian said:
Bush is only the newest shiny object for the american public to drool over.
What does that even mean? :question:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
on the bright side... thats one less Hillary '08 supporter... :cool:
J/K... Suicide is soooo selfish...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
MSN News said they found a note inside his car

urbestbet

Clitpickle
being from new york(long island actually)i have 2 say no one else needed to die there,suicide is selfish

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
suicide is the greatest act of cowardice.. except for a few exceptions