WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Superman is Dead

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Skyline-Cobra said:
What Does Bush Have To Do With AnyThing?
Bush is against Stem Cell research, Reeve lobbied for it as a cure for his paralysis, Kerry metioned Reeve in the last debate.

It's a joke, relax...

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
p99 said:
Quoting from Maddox.. Christopher Reeves only gave a shit about paralysis after he was paralized.. I didn't see him putting at this research into it until HE got it..

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

I think you'll be quite convinced..
OMG, when will you realize that this guy is a fucking joke. Wow, good job for pointing out the fact that Christopher Reeve wasn't really concerned about parlalyzed people when he wasn't paralyzed. But then a life-changing event happened, and whopdeedoo, he now is concerned with paralyzed people. Maybe that event opened his eyes - it doesn't mean that he didn't care about paralyzed people when he wasn't paralyzed. Michael J. Fox probably wasn't concerned with Parkinson's disease at one time, but guess what?, now he has the disease and he is involved. It's just one change in their lives that gives them a new view on the world.

tzedek

Original Member
its kinda like how nobody ever said a word about terroristss before 9/11 and now thats all that anybody cares about. As if terrorism is even our worst problem. before 9/11 i maybe heard the word terrorisnt once and not you cant turn on the tv without hearing about them all over the place. As you may know i completly fucking hate maddox with a passion, but i can kinda see what he is talking about with that one. Was Reeve selfish? Maybe, but everyone is selfish in some way. I mean its like maddox wants him to not even do anything about being paralyzed becuase he didnt do anything about it before.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
msalyss85 said:
OMG, when will you realize that this guy is a fucking joke. Wow, good job for pointing out the fact that Christopher Reeve wasn't really concerned about parlalyzed people when he wasn't paralyzed. But then a life-changing event happened, and whopdeedoo, he now is concerned with paralyzed people. Maybe that event opened his eyes - it doesn't mean that he didn't care about paralyzed people when he wasn't paralyzed. Michael J. Fox probably wasn't concerned with Parkinson's disease at one time, but guess what?, now he has the disease and he is involved. It's just one change in their lives that gives them a new view on the world.

Who's a fucking joke? Maddox...or P99? p99 simply quoted someone else and I don't think it was as black & white as how your taking it. Of course nobody cares that much about somthing until it happens to them..It's just the level that Reeves took it to....

hurry up and bust my ass while your at it.... :D

long live horseback riding

tzedek said:
its kinda like how nobody ever said a word about terroristss before 9/11 and now thats all that anybody cares about. As if terrorism is even our worst problem. before 9/11 i maybe heard the word terrorisnt once and not you cant turn on the tv without hearing about them all over the place. As you may know i completly fucking hate maddox with a passion, but i can kinda see what he is talking about with that one. Was Reeve selfish? Maybe, but everyone is selfish in some way. I mean its like maddox wants him to not even do anything about being paralyzed becuase he didnt do anything about it before.

let me ask you a question. how old are you anyway? this site makes me ill with all these young punks on it, spouting off at the mouth about shit that they really have no idea about, but seem to think they are experts. do us all a favor and shut the fuck up about shit you haveb't got any knowledge about. you kids need to learn a little bit before you start running your mouths. cause it's obvious you know nothing. for instance........

how about the 80's with all the anti-american terrorism that was going on in beirut, lebanon. U.S. embassies bombed, beirut airport was bombed and killed over 200 marines. and the U.S. embassy in kuwait that was bombed. or the NY bound pan-am flight that was bombed and crashed in scotland killing everyone (mostly american students and miltary). Libya (the name Qaddafi ring a bell) was responsible for that one. including anti-american bombings in Italy.

or in 1993 when the basement of the WTC was bombed.

or mid 90's in saudi arabia...khobar towers
and the kenya/tanzania bombings (like 250 people dead) of the US embassies linked to al-qaeda and our friend bin-laden

or in 2000 the USS Cole bombing, thnx to al-qaeda and bin-laden again.

these are just a few things i can remember off the top of my head. but you, with your vast 15 years of wisdom, seem to really know so much more. :rolleyes:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Speaking of deaths, Comedy legend Rodney Dangerfeild died a while back.

tzedek

Original Member
neckdemon said:
let me ask you a question. how old are you anyway? this site makes me ill with all these young punks on it, spouting off at the mouth about shit that they really have no idea about, but seem to think they are experts. do us all a favor and shut the fuck up about shit you haveb't got any knowledge about. you kids need to learn a little bit before you start running your mouths. cause it's obvious you know nothing. for instance........

how about the 80's with all the anti-american terrorism that was going on in beirut, lebanon. U.S. embassies bombed, beirut airport was bombed and killed over 200 marines. and the U.S. embassy in kuwait that was bombed. or the NY bound pan-am flight that was bombed and crashed in scotland killing everyone (mostly american students and miltary). Libya (the name Qaddafi ring a bell) was responsible for that one. including anti-american bombings in Italy.

or in 1993 when the basement of the WTC was bombed.

or mid 90's in saudi arabia...khobar towers
and the kenya/tanzania bombings (like 250 people dead) of the US embassies linked to al-qaeda and our friend bin-laden

or in 2000 the USS Cole bombing, thnx to al-qaeda and bin-laden again.

these are just a few things i can remember off the top of my head. but you, with your vast 15 years of wisdom, seem to really know so much more. :rolleyes:

i am 18 years of age and i neve have and never will claim to be an expert on anything. IN fact you seem to think you are an expert on terrorism yourself. :rolleyes: you want to talk about 200 marines dieing and embassies getting bombed? What about the 25,000 americans that commit suicide every year? What about the 10 - 15,000 Americans who are murdered by another American each year?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
i am 18 years of age and i neve have and never will claim to be an expert on anything. IN fact you seem to think you are an expert on terrorism yourself. :rolleyes: you want to talk about 200 marines dieing and embassies getting bombed? What about the 25,000 americans that commit suicide every year? What about the 10 - 15,000 Americans who are murdered by another American each year?
I'm an expert at not being an expert..

Descent

Hella Constipated
15,000 murders?!

There are roughly 32,000 gun murders in America each year. That doesn't include murders from heavy metal poisoning, strangulation, beatings, etc.

The U.S. has a huge problem with murders. I think the first step to fixing them is to help out the poor communities more, such as one of the most ghetto parts of Long Island, Wyandanch (Max, you know what I'm talking about).

Ever driven through the wrong side of the tracks? It's easy to understand why there are so many murders once you go through there. People will do anything for money, not to mention that there is absolutely no decent education there.

tzedek said:

what does suicide have to do with your obvious ignorance of terrorism against the united states? i fail to see the correlation. and i never said i was an expert, i just remember when all this shit happened.

tzedek

Original Member
there isnt one, it is an example if a problem that may be a bigger problem then terrorism, like i said before. Over the last 10 years how many americans have died from terrorism as compared to suicide or murder. thats my point. I remember when it happened too.

morelos

lexicon incognito
msalyss85 said:
hail gregory peck.

you're right. he IS a joke. and a hilarious one. when will you learn to end a question with a question mark? when will you figure out christopher reeve is dead? he's probably not concerned with paralyzed people now. what a flip-flopper. speaking of flip-floppers,

jstager said:
There are roughly 32,000 gun murders in America each year.
most of those are in oakland, and,

jstager said:
That doesn't include murders from heavy metal poisoning, strangulation, beatings, etc.
death by metallica?

jstager said:
Ever driven through the wrong side of the tracks? It's easy to understand why there are so many murders once you go through there. People will do anything for money, not to mention that there is absolutely no decent education there.
i work on the wrong side of the tracks. it's not easy to understand why there are so many murders unless you're a paranoid little rich white kid who crosses the street to avoid people of 'color.'

tzedek said:
As if terrorism is even our worst problem.
this was, before my post, the only statement on this thread with any substance.

~ dan ~