WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Supreme Court Justices

Here's an Idea: The United States Constitution should be amended to establish a mandatory retirement age for Supreme Court Justices. What do you think? I am debating this with a few peers and myself, and I want to know what you think.

but.....

but, these guys have more experience in the supreme court. I don't know if we should make them reitre at a certain age, or if that would be unfair to them. However, on the other hand, they have probably gone past their mental peaks, since most are like 65

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I would think that something like that should only be done if the supreme justice is showing obvious signs of mental decay. In other words they cant tie their own shoes right.. but other then that i dont think it would be fair to tell them that they cant do there job just because of their age. Age effects diff. people differently, some go senial at the age of 60 some at the age of 100. Who knows..

yeah, that's what I'm saying, if they're like 110 and drooling while sitting on the bench, it's probably time for them to go seperate ways with the highest court in the country

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
What do you have against Reinquist?!

At least they know they wont have to rely on a 401K.