WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Surgery sucks!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#1
I'am having surgery on monday...(YEA) Seems I hurt myself while lifting some heavy paper at work.....Turns out I have a hernia in my lower abdominal area......I have been told it's a minor procedure and I will be under a local anesthetic.. But Im still a little nervous, with this being the first surgery I have had since I was a new born....Anyway I'm off work for 2 weeks, so I'll be around more than some may like.....L8*
 
11,055
399
382
#3
the worst thing about surgery is the hospital food :sick:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#4
Unforgiven said:
the worst thing about surgery is the hospital food :sick:
Naw, out patient ... I will only be there a couple of hours..
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#5
My youngest son has to have oral surgery. They are going to sedate him. His teeth are all fucked up. Aside from how to pay for this, I am worried because he is only 5. So I totally can relate. I would be scared to. I have never had surgery, but I have observed in nursing.
 
11,055
399
382
#6
TwisT said:
Naw, out patient ... I will only be there a couple of hours..
consider yourself lucky.

hospital food is quite possibly the worst thing i've ever experienced.

i was only 6 years old, but i remember it well.
 

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
979
0
0
#7
TwisT said:
Naw, out patient ... I will only be there a couple of hours..
Damn, last tiem I went in for a surgical procedure, they pumped me full of some kind of opiate. I was higher than shit. However, I had to have somebody drive me there and back and arranging a ride can be a pain in the ass. Hope things go well.

BTW, This has had me curious, what's your avatar from?
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#8
twist - good luck, and i hope you have no complications!

~ dan ~
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#9
dustinzgirl said:
My youngest son has to have oral surgery. They are going to sedate him. His teeth are all fucked up. Aside from how to pay for this, I am worried because he is only 5. So I totally can relate. I would be scared to. I have never had surgery, but I have observed in nursing.

Damn I know I used this in another thread but De Ja Vu'.... My daughter is doing the same thing at the beginning of next month and she is 4. It is scary to have surgery yourself but to watch your baby being sedated and laying there so small and helpless is on the verge of terrifying.......Good luck to your son and good luck twist...... :)
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
251
118
#11
The only experience I've had with surgery was positive...

I was three, and I got my tonsils taken out. I ate almost nothing but flintstone's push-ups for a week. When you're three years old, that's the life, I can tell you.

Good luck while you're under the knife :thumbsup:
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#12
NoSubstance said:
I ate almost nothing but flintstone's push-ups for a week. When you're three years old, that's the life, I can tell you.

\:thumbsup:
LMAO
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#13
Well...look at it this way..at least you won't have to get a hemorrhoid removed later in life...15 years of age and a hemi-roid...I gotta eat more veggies :).
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#14
a general anaesthetic makes me throw up when i regain consciousness. because of this, when they put me under, i have to have a considerable amount of anti-nausea medication added.

throat surgery sucks worse than upper oral surgery, but they all still suck.

forgive me of my ignorance (you know i'm normally not ignorant about a topic), but why are 5-yr-olds having oral surgery for teeth they will be losing anyway? is it something about the underlying and developing secondary teeth or is it actually some jaw-shape / jaw-construction / bite issue that's only peripherally related to the teeth themselves? i don't remember losing a single tooth before age 6...

~ dan ~
 

Pachyderm

I really did.
802
0
0
#15
I have had two surgeries on the same knee. It was no biggie, just an out patient surgery, so it's nothing to worry about. The only bad thing about it was that for a couple days afterward I had to lay in bed all day. I can't not move all day. But they give you meds for the pain and there is always some left after you don't need it anymore...so good luck with your surgery! :thumbsup:
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#16
Ive never had surgery myself, but I have been in the hospital for childbirth. Hospital food sucks big donkey winkers. And, I learned that the more you say you hurt, the more dopiates they give you....yummy...I dont even remember the three days after my last son.......my dr gave me some good, strong little red pills for pain.....
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#17
G-string said:
Damn I know I used this in another thread but De Ja Vu'.... My daughter is doing the same thing at the beginning of next month and she is 4. It is scary to have surgery yourself but to watch your baby being sedated and laying there so small and helpless is on the verge of terrifying.......Good luck to your son and good luck twist...... :)
It is scary. thye worst thing is that his appointment was originally in October, but they had a cancellation, so it was pushed up to the 19th, but I have court on that day so his dad is going to take him. I can not reschedule court, and If I dont go then they will continue to garnish my check illegally (fucking creditors) So I basicaly have to miss the whole thing, which is scarier than if I could be there. At least when you are an adult, you have a choice. When you are a kid, you dont have the choices, so you totally rely on these grown up people. Scary. Good luck with your daughter! She is 4? My youngest son is 5. They are so cool until about 8 years old. Then they are pains in the asss.
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#18
dustinzgirl said:
It is scary. thye worst thing is that his appointment was originally in October, but they had a cancellation, so it was pushed up to the 19th, but I have court on that day so his dad is going to take him. I can not reschedule court, and If I dont go then they will continue to garnish my check illegally (fucking creditors) So I basicaly have to miss the whole thing, which is scarier than if I could be there. At least when you are an adult, you have a choice. When you are a kid, you dont have the choices, so you totally rely on these grown up people. Scary. Good luck with your daughter! She is 4? My youngest son is 5. They are so cool until about 8 years old. Then they are pains in the asss.

Yikes, ya I have to say not being able to be there is pretty scarey...I wish you son the best as well. I have twin boys that are 11.5 so I am already experiencing the attitude....great!..LOL... :)
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#19
G-string said:
Yikes, ya I have to say not being able to be there is pretty scarey...I wish you son the best as well. I have twin boys that are 11.5 so I am already experiencing the attitude....great!..LOL... :)
My nieces and nephews are teenagers, and milano, so they have a hard time of it, but someitmes, I just want to slap them silly. My daughter loves her cousin, and spends time with her, but at 8 yrs old she is already worrying about boys and how "fat" she is. God, I hate teenagers...lol
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#20
dustinzgirl said:
My nieces and nephews are teenagers, and milano, so they have a hard time of it, but someitmes, I just want to slap them silly. My daughter loves her cousin, and spends time with her, but at 8 yrs old she is already worrying about boys and how "fat" she is. God, I hate teenagers...lol

She's picking up their attitude at an early age. My 4 year old daughter is doing the same thing....the other day I got a "DUH" from her.....needless to say it didnt go over to well with ol mom and of course she had to do it in front of g-ma so having to look over and see that smug smile on my mothers face just added to the "OH HELL NO" response.....