WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Surprises Lurk in Satellite Snaps

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
link to entire article on googles satelite imaging service:
http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,67190,00.html?tw=wn_13techhead#

there are 12 other images to look at too.

In this image, it is possible to see the Indian Ocean tsunami on Sri Lanka's coast as the waves are receding.
Photo: Courtesy of DigitalGlobe

Most tsunami satellite images showed the aftermath of the disaster. But in this image, DigitalGlobe shot Sri Lanka's coast just as the waves were hitting it. The swirling of the ocean is clearly visible.
Photo: Courtesy of DigitalGlobe

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Hmmm... Not so sure...

I got these e-mailed to me as well, and I think they've been photoshopped. The second pic you posted looks especially faked.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
no, no wtfnation, these images are from google's satellite imagery thingy...no emails. and the company who owns the satellite does photoshop images together b/c they're in frames but no messing w/ the realizism.