WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Switch phone, which phone?

I'm in the market or a new cellular divice and it's been forever since I've bought a phone. I have an iPhone now and I'm NOT buying another one. Do you guys have recommendations? Complaints? Anything that will help me buy a smart phone that will do what I need and not have to be repurchased in a few years?

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I used to have an iPhone. I will never use an Apple product again because I'm forced to used glitchy unusable iTunes.

I have a cheap Android. Any reason to get an expensive phone?

Jung

???
Premium
I've been sticking with OnePlus or Nexus devices and no complaints. Currently have the LG V30 and I like it better than the Pixel honestly.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Any thoughts on an Android tablet, 8.4 to 10 inch ranges? It seems like tablets have stalled out recently.

Jung

???
Premium
Every tablet I've ever owned has ended up just being an expensive alarm clock. No idea... I have a weird aversion to tablets I guess.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Any thoughts on an Android tablet, 8.4 to 10 inch ranges? It seems like tablets have stalled out recently.
Get a phablet! Or a Xiaomi RedMi Note 5. Cheap and Chinese. But power, durability and quality. I have a note 3 for 2 years. It puts all the big guys to shame.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
I'm late on this.
Try to get something with at least 2gb of ram if you want it to not freeze during loadings.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I'm tired of my Android phone automatically updating apps that are preinstalled on my phone, and blocked from being deleted. My battery seems to also drain faster than when it was new. Is there a phone that doesn't do this? I'd like to upgrade to a nicer phone in the future.

Jung

???
Premium
I'm tired of my Android phone automatically updating apps that are preinstalled on my phone, and blocked from being deleted. My battery seems to also drain faster than when it was new. Is there a phone that doesn't do this? I'd like to upgrade to a nicer phone in the future.
Go into settings then apps and force stop those apps then disable them. Sometimes you can uninstall any updates they had first. You need root to do anything beyond that.

Capture+_2018-06-23-18-11-13.png