WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music system of a down and other stuff

MsPunK

Tenderony
so.. i was wondering,, i come from england and in england we fucking love system of a down, i saw em live at reading last year with metallica, they rocked.
so i was wondering, do the yanks like em too?

and also, do you guys know what Reading festival is? and what bands are real popular over in the us~? and do you know who lostprophets are

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
lilstonerkat said:
so.. i was wondering,, i come from england and in england we fucking love system of a down, i saw em live at reading last year with metallica, they rocked.
so i was wondering, do the yanks like em too?

and also, do you guys know what Reading festival is? and what bands are real popular over in the us~? and do you know who lostprophets are
I Take offensive to the word yanks, but yes, some people do like System of a down, including myself, and we know who the lostprophets are.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Yanks...WTF! Damn this chick is dumb...Yes system of a down is a good band, so is slipknot, korn, rammstien, drowning pool, ect...

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Cuddles said:
Yanks...WTF! Damn this chick is dumb...Yes system of a down is a good band, so is slipknot, korn, rammstien, drowning pool, ect...
rammstien is the BEST! fuck the rest! ;)

Pepto Bismol21

We Are The Virus Of Life.
Hell Yeah.

Is System Of A Down Good?!
Fuck Yeah!

If you like them, then you'd proably like...
Korn
Disturbed
Slipknot
Nonpoint
The Offspring
Papa Roach
Rage Against The Machine

I could go on and on... But I wont bore you, because everybody would start to bitch about it.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I think they fucking blow. Just another example of "radio pop metal" bullshit

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
breakology said:
I think they fucking blow. Just another example of "radio pop metal" bullshit
lol...radio pop...you really don't know you music. I don't think you can consider rammstien or korn n the catigory of pop.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
yes good band indeed. not one of my favourites but they are good. can't say the same for slipknot... rammstein i enjoy but i'm kind of skeptical about... korn is good, disturbed, offspring, ratm etc...
btw... obviously im not a yank like the canadian flag under my job description signifies... but i decided to post anyway... cuz i'm bored yet again.
and jesus fuck guys, don't get your panties in a bunch when people call you yanks. cuz that's just what you are. you have a baseball team called the yankees, don't try to deny anything. christ you get so touchy when people call you names, are you going to start demanding for a formal apology? face it, americans have terrible reputation around the globe. it's a generalization everyone faces for one reason or another. get used to it.

MsPunK

Tenderony
what bout Reading tho!!!!

Black Flame said:
yes good band indeed. not one of my favourites but they are good. can't say the same for slipknot... rammstein i enjoy but i'm kind of skeptical about... korn is good, disturbed, offspring, ratm etc...
btw... obviously im not a yank like the canadian flag under my job description signifies... but i decided to post anyway... cuz i'm bored yet again.
and jesus fuck guys, don't get your panties in a bunch when people call you yanks. cuz that's just what you are. you have a baseball team called the yankees, don't try to deny anything. christ you get so touchy when people call you names, are you going to start demanding for a formal apology? face it, americans have terrible reputation around the globe. it's a generalization everyone faces for one reason or another. get used to it.
LOLOL exactly. yanks is just what you are called sometimes. i think its cute. . its not offensive. anyways i dont know who it was that listed all the bands but it seems we like the same music as you folk. i feckin love korn altho its abit of a wannabe band now. everyoe knows all of dose bands over here, altho i think papa roach suck.. "cut my life into pieces" oh, fuck off.
loooove the offspring, early stuff anyways, smash an all that. saw em live this year at reading. its crazy you know who lost prophs are, i remember seeing em at this shitty dive called the cooperage down my way bout 3 years ago, next time i saw em was at reading with a huuuge crowd. crazy stuff.
and cuddles..... dumb for callin you a yank????
strange lil girl

sorry bout the various bad punctuation, i have the mumps :(
and my vboyfriend laughed at me when i told him. :(

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Cuddles said:
lol...radio pop...you really don't know you music. I don't think you can consider rammstien or korn n the catigory of pop.
I was talking about system of a down, but now that you mention it, Korn fits that category with quite a few tracks also, but I do like rammstien.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
That shit is not music...especially system of down...their so hypocritical, they harp on and on about how consumerism is bullshit and corporations are taking over...yet they are signed to one of the biggest record companies around....its trite, generic and take absolutly NO musical ability. They've got you kids believing it's some how "different" and that you're being unique by listening to their music...mean while you shell out dollar after dollar on cds, t-shirts, posters, and tickets. Fuck that, if you're really about anti-consumerism then stop paying these fucking goons more money to turn out the same exact bullshit. Make your own music, or at least listen to something a little more tastefull than loud guitars and screaming. ITS FUCKING DRECK!

MsPunK

Tenderony
bigck3000 said:
That shit is not music...especially system of down...their so hypocritical, they harp on and on about how consumerism is bullshit and corporations are taking over...yet they are signed to one of the biggest record companies around....its trite, generic and take absolutly NO musical ability. They've got you kids believing it's some how "different" and that you're being unique by listening to their music...mean while you shell out dollar after dollar on cds, t-shirts, posters, and tickets. Fuck that, if you're really about anti-consumerism then stop paying these fucking goons more money to turn out the same exact bullshit. Make your own music, or at least listen to something a little more tastefull than loud guitars and screaming. ITS FUCKING DRECK!
ok.. make a record that comes close to system of a down . i can assure you you wont be able to do it. they have a message. i agree with you about the consumerism but if you want to change something you have to make yourself heard and bing signed to a large company is a good way to do it. system of a down dont actually have that much official merch, and the stuff they do have they dont really give two bollocks about. i like the music but they should def lay of the drugs!!

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
bigck3000 said:
alright....system of a down may fit this category.....but slipknot OWNS this category...bunch of poser loser ass wannabe bitches

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Cuddles said:

NO hun, Yanks is what they call people from the USA over in other countries.

WoW.

She was asking if we knew any european bands. I like icead earth, LostProhphets is good... Never heard of the other band you mentioned but will check them out...

Oh wait. Dang it. Who sings "Not like the other girls" Starts with an "R" I got a CD worth of their music and just love it. :)

Can't remember their names, goes something like

SHe lives in the clouds and talk to the bird. Hopeless little one

She lives in the clouds,
and talks to the birds
hopeless little on, she not like the other girls
she falling away, away from this world
dirfting like a feather, she not like the other girls.