WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Take it out of my ass FUCKER!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#1
This Mother fucker pisses me off! If he wasn't a 10th degree black-belt I'd.................! Could still Louisville Slugger his ass though? As some of you know my son is in a martial arts class which I happen to think is good him. But they FUCKING railroad the parents on the cost! So We signed him up a few months ago and I thought the cost was a little in the high, but Momma said no no I'll pay for it no problem! Anual cost is around $2200 or two payments of $1100, she went with two payments. All is good till it's time for a belt test, $50 bucks. I paid it no problem! Then the tournament rolls around and my kidd is dyin to be a part of it! $45 bucks for two events in one day. So I'm thinkin what a good deal, $45 bucks for the day that ain't bad? Then I find out he needs sparring gear, $150........ FUCK!, oh well! So now after the tournament there is another belt test (two months after he started), $50 bucks.... About a three week ago The instructor hit me up for my kidd takin the blade class $120 to which I said not right now! Now this last week he hit me up for Ninja night for the kids. They have pizza and drinks, XBOX, PS2, and sparring,, oh and a sleep-over at the DOJO! So I'm thinkin what fun this is for the kids, right? At the cost oh $100 bucks I don't fucking think so ASSFACE! So the guy hits me up three times this week, "It'll give you and your wife the night off" he says! "Gramma has Gamecube, Mickey D's, swimming pool and FREE" I reply! Seriously I got about 5 family members that I trust more than him that would love to watch my son on 10 min notice at no charge! So then FUCKFACE Says to my wife "Sorry if I offended you", she says no harm done!

I say FUCK YOU bitch! You and your organization should be unibombed off the face of the earth! You get the kids in there and then dry ass rape the parents on the kids behalf!!



USSD, can suck my DICK!
:mfinger::gun: :mfinger:

WE ARE seriously considering switching to an entirely different organization when his six months is up!
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
917
332
#2
I'll talk to one of my MA friends about this, he knows a lot about it and can find a lot of good places. Where about do you live?
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#3
Nailbomb said:
I'll talk to one of my MA friends about this, he knows a lot about it and can find a lot of good places. Where about do you live?
Costa Mesa CA.
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
917
332
#4
Costa Mesa, eh? Is it near any major cities, or whatnot?
 

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
79
0
66
#5
No wonder, if I were that guy, anyone who signs their kid up from costa mesa I would think $______________________$. But yeah, that sucks how he just thinks you're made of cash.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#6
TwisT said:
This Mother fucker pisses me off! If he wasn't a 10th degree black-belt I'd.................! Could still Louisville Slugger his ass though? As some of you know my son is in a martial arts class which I happen to think is good him. But they FUCKING railroad the parents on the cost! So We signed him up a few months ago and I thought the cost was a little in the high, but Momma said no no I'll pay for it no problem! Anual cost is around $2200 or two payments of $1100, she went with two payments. All is good till it's time for a belt test, $50 bucks. I paid it no problem! Then the tournament rolls around and my kidd is dyin to be a part of it! $45 bucks for two events in one day. So I'm thinkin what a good deal, $45 bucks for the day that ain't bad? Then I find out he needs sparring gear, $150........ FUCK!, oh well! So now after the tournament there is another belt test (two months after he started), $50 bucks.... About a three week ago The instructor hit me up for my kidd takin the blade class $120 to which I said not right now! Now this last week he hit me up for Ninja night for the kids. They have pizza and drinks, XBOX, PS2, and sparring,, oh and a sleep-over at the DOJO! So I'm thinkin what fun this is for the kids, right? At the cost oh $100 bucks I don't fucking think so ASSFACE! So the guy hits me up three times this week, "It'll give you and your wife the night off" he says! "Gramma has Gamecube, Mickey D's, swimming pool and FREE" I reply! Seriously I got about 5 family members that I trust more than him that would love to watch my son on 10 min notice at no charge! So then FUCKFACE Says to my wife "Sorry if I offended you", she says no harm done!

I say FUCK YOU bitch! You and your organization should be unibombed off the face of the earth! You get the kids in there and then dry ass rape the parents on the kids behalf!!



USSD, can suck my DICK!
:mfinger::gun: :mfinger:

WE ARE seriously considering switching to an entirely different organization when his six months is up!
That's not a dojo - a real one doesn't charge up the ass. Are they all expensive? Yes, I was an orange belt but hit a wall and stopped caring.

But not like that. They are after your money, not teaching you.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#7
Descent said:
That's not a dojo - a real one doesn't charge up the ass. Are they all expensive? Yes, I was an orange belt but hit a wall and stopped caring.

But not like that. They are after your money, not teaching you.
I now know this!
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,743
2,620
387
#8
Korean, Japanese, or Chinese?
 

jimmy jam

Fresh Meat
3
0
0
#10
an instructors point of view

I'm myself am an instructor for United Studios of Self Defense. I realize my reply will be biased somewhat, but let me explain it from a different point of view. Yes we are more expensive than the guy down the street but not by much. I have done some research and there are many places that charge in excess of $100 per month. Most of these places only provide the student with group classes. We us both group and private instruction and have set rates across the board. if you live in Az you pay the same as someone in Ca or Co or anywhere else to make it fair.

Have you priced private lessons for golf or piano or personal training it's not cheap and let me tell you as a teacher my time and energy aren't free. When you pay you pay for the lessons only not the time and energy we put into everything else. For instance sleep overs or movie nights or weapons classes we do those on our time, so while we could be at home with our wives and families we are at the dojo spending time with your family. As instructors we do our best to give as much as we can of ourselves to our students. We give wise counsel, we give our time and energy, we build up and develop good character. It's not just about punching and kicking, it's about building character in our students and thier parents.

Lastly, if your child played baseball, footbal, bmx racing, golf or motorsports they would need gear and so it is the same with martial arts. Spend 150 today so your child doesn't break a finger sparring or a nose of a tooth it's for their protection. Maybe it's just me but you can't put a price on investing in your children. The principles and discipline and perseverance they learn is going to last a life time. Yeah $2200 for a year of training over the course of a 65 year life breaks down to less than .33 cents a month and it's priceless if your child or teen fends off a predator.

Think about it!!
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#11
I'm myself am an instructor for United Studios of Self Defense. I realize my reply will be biased somewhat, but let me explain it from a different point of view. Yes we are more expensive than the guy down the street but not by much. I have done some research and there are many places that charge in excess of $100 per month. Most of these places only provide the student with group classes. We us both group and private instruction and have set rates across the board. if you live in Az you pay the same as someone in Ca or Co or anywhere else to make it fair.

Have you priced private lessons for golf or piano or personal training it's not cheap and let me tell you as a teacher my time and energy aren't free. When you pay you pay for the lessons only not the time and energy we put into everything else. For instance sleep overs or movie nights or weapons classes we do those on our time, so while we could be at home with our wives and families we are at the dojo spending time with your family. As instructors we do our best to give as much as we can of ourselves to our students. We give wise counsel, we give our time and energy, we build up and develop good character. It's not just about punching and kicking, it's about building character in our students and thier parents.

Lastly, if your child played baseball, footbal, bmx racing, golf or motorsports they would need gear and so it is the same with martial arts. Spend 150 today so your child doesn't break a finger sparring or a nose of a tooth it's for their protection. Maybe it's just me but you can't put a price on investing in your children. The principles and discipline and perseverance they learn is going to last a life time. Yeah $2200 for a year of training over the course of a 65 year life breaks down to less than .33 cents a month and it's priceless if your child or teen fends off a predator.

Think about it!!
Um...the child will not be in training for the rest of his life, so that's a silly correlation to make, unless the instructor will be part of his entire life, teaching him at that exact same price until he is 65 years old, in which case its still 2200$..I mean honestly, private schools do not charge lifespan fees.

At 200$ a month, USSD should be able to provide the gear and attendence fees.

It is ridiculous to keep charging so the child can be part of USSD sanctioned events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAL dojos and instructors often assist with, and help provide, the gear for children.

You might be a teacher there, but you are really just furthering the corporate control and money gouging that occurs.

I suggest twisted that if you were under the impression, or it was stated in the contract, that fees and equipment would be included in the cost, then you sue the ever loving fuck out of those money grubbing soulless corporate fucks. However, if you weren't under that impression, then you should put your son in a less costly private dojo where you become friends with the instructor.
 

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
20,837
4,655
387
#12
Why not wait 6 more months and resurrect this thread on its 4 year anniversary?
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#13
Why not wait 6 more months and resurrect this thread on its 4 year anniversary?
I'm sorry, was that a disparaging comment towards my awesome posting ability?

Yeah so I don't always check OP dates.

Eat me bleeding.

Bitch.
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,743
2,620
387
#14
Umm... From what I can tell, the "instructor" dug it up after so long. Not you, DG. :p

He did post a full opinion with his resurrection, so I have no problem with it.

Carry on.
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,743
2,620
387
#15
I'm opening this back up, DG.

I don't see a reason this needed to be closed...
 

kich

the little spoon
3,745
124
63
#16
A good parent would start his kid in Kendo.

It's cake to find a certified dojo, unlike Karate. The price is high but you know you're getting quality teaching from a certified source.
 

Draygoon

4 legs good
2,209
20
88
#17
DG is absolutely right. I go to a small dojo and I haven't once paid a dime to my BJJ teacher. He's got a day job and teaching is his hobby. :)
 

salty04

Particinator
677
36
97
#18
Feel lucky your kid didn't want to play hockey 2400 dollars is cheap per year for a good team.

the years i played for the select teams the running price for the travel teams was between 3k(for a shitty team)-6k(for a decent team) and juniors is even more expensive. right now i'm paying 11 hundred for hockey at college per year.

when i was playing real competitive hockey i probably cost my parents around 25k between gas, tourney fees, time out of work, equipment (i went through about 3 hundred dollar sticks per year), and actual league cost. at least you don't have to travel for almost 200+ miles to see a 2 hour game go home and drive another 100+ miles the other way the next day, and give up your entire weekend for about 8 months
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#19
LOL! It took over 3 years but the USSD tracked down that fuckin' Twist and schooled 'em! Did the instructor kill off Twist? It's been years since he posted last, maybe it took the USSD that long to track him down once he pulled his kid out! EEP!

:mystery:

Huzzah! Watch out if you bad mouth the USSD! Mutha Fuka!