WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Talking to Americans

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Rick Mercer, co-host of the irreverent CBC news satire This Hour Has 22 Minutes and star of the Canadian sitcom Made in Canada (aka The Industry in the US), reveals how little Americans know about Canada in a series of segments called Talking to Americans. Think you know more about Canada than Al Gore or George W. Bush?

http://home.comcast.net/~wwwstephen/americans/

LiberatioN said:
Why would we WANT to know more about canada? :p
To find out what you're doing wrong. :p

EDIT: Rick Mercer left 22 Minutes over a year ago. He now has his own show, called Monday Report. Plus, the Talking to Americans segment is even older than that.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
canadian_pov said:
To find out what you're doing wrong. :p
Just remember, Canada is America Jr. Therefore, everything we're doing wrong you're doing wrong in smaller doses.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
LiberatioN said:
Just remember, Canada is America Jr. Therefore, everything we're doing wrong you're doing wrong in smaller doses.

You couldn't be more wrong. If you'd spent any amount of time here in Canada, you'd know the difference between our two countries. Having traveled extensively and having met thousands of Americans over the last 3.5 years, I can tell you that despite language and geographic colocation, there ain't a whole lot of similarities between the US and Canada.

But you just keep on thinking that, we're OK with it. I Checked.

Cheers,

WTFN

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
WTFNation said:
You couldn't be more wrong. If you'd spent any amount of time here in Canada, you'd know the difference between our two countries. Having traveled extensively and having met thousands of Americans over the last 3.5 years, I can tell you that despite language and geographic colocation, there ain't a whole lot of similarities between the US and Canada.

But you just keep on thinking that, we're OK with it. I Checked.

Cheers,

WTFN
You must've never been to the southern USA. The only difference between Canada and the southern states is Canadians can speak French and own bigger boats.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Nailbomb said:
You must've never been to the southern USA. The only difference between Canada and the southern states is Canadians can speak French and own bigger boats.
Exactly. I was raised in California and Rhode Island, but I've lived in Texas for sometime now. I've visited Canada, and it seems like a replica of the United States...I really couldn't tell that we were in Canada once we came into the country and stayed there for a couple weeks.

WTFN, I think what it comes down to is that we're simply better. Sorry to be pompous, but it's true.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
<flame>alsdfkjhasdflkashdfl;kasdjhqiopwer8qwr;elkhqwehk;flfasdjk;</flame>

Please back to topic! Did any of you even saw them videos?